Documentary-thread (6 Viewers)

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
hmm that's a tough one to be honest Mo, i love many documentaries. in arabic my favourite has to be top secret ( yousri fouda :D ) do u have a fav?
What a coincidence :D, that's my favorite as well in Arabic. Yousri Fouda is a legend, considering how he managed to meet the most dangerous people in the world.

In English, it has to be Phase 3 by Noreaga from the wake up project.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
What a coincidence :D, that's my favorite as well in Arabic. Yousri Fouda is a legend, considering how he managed to meet the most dangerous people in the world.

In English, it has to be Phase 3 by Noreaga from the wake up project.
yup he is one of the best, and i love the fact he uses poems to make the point come across. :D also the fact he opens files you never knew existed like the egyptain army being tortured in the 67 war is sth the egyptain government hid for ages.

isn't he the guy who made the arrivals?

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
yup he is one of the best, and i love the fact he uses poems to make the point come across. :D also the fact he opens files you never knew existed like the egyptain army being tortured in the 67 war is sth the egyptain government hid for ages.

isn't he the guy who made the arrivals?
Yup, himself. Phase 3 is a much better version than The Arrivals, highly recommended. :)

OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #213
    It's on netflix with better quality, but in these "Narcos" days, this documentary brings some perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

I saw that one a few months ago. It was good, but, as you say, perhaps too LeMond friendly. Can you recommend some other 30 for 30? I have watched a few here and there.
    Once Brothers (I think you have seen it)

Survive and advance

Of Miracles and men

Bad Boys

You don't know Bo

take your pick.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    even though i already read about it (years ago) this was really hard to watch,
    from beginning to the end.

so many things went wrong for that girl.
    from her brutal psycho dad, to the test-object they turned her into,
    til the fucked up healthcare system with its great foster homes.

at 51:40 i had tears in my eyes. how can you do this to a kid, and especially
    to this kid (gotta watch the whole thing if you wanna understand it i guess)
    leaves you speechless...and those people get payed to take care of kids.

and fuck that linguist bitch aswell. the girl doesn't speak proper english.
    yeah, thats the biggest problem for sure. add that i could see the dollar bills in her eyes
    all the time.

and yes - i know its an old doc, but i did not watch it until now.
    because i didnt know it exists.

it totally enraged me. so upset right now. @Post Ironic
    @swag no idea why i quote you two though.

edit: just read it - so sorry to hear that your
    dad passed away. my sympathies. :dule: :rab:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

i suppose both of you already watched it though :p

the scene when the teacher basically tells the kids that
    everybody outside of israel hates them (7:45)...later they visit Auschwitz and an old polish
    guy sitting on a bench asks them where they come from or something like that, the
    kids get scared as fuck...because of the jew hating polish guys i suppose :shifty:

then the scene where that british (i think) activist is talking bout gaza (1:04:45), and calls it like it is,
    that israel is breaking human/international rights. i was glad he somehow made it out alive.
    seriously. i was in fear they were gonna kill him.

and finkelstein :delpiero: (53:30)
    ...he criticizes israel...obviously because he hates jews. may he never come back.

ADL 13:24 :rofl: :rofl: "he couldnt take a day off" pure hate it is.

...also the biased newspapers (9:27) :touched:

when i saw that doc the first time it enraged the shit ouf of me, i guess because
    i somewhat refused to believe what i just saw.

@ Nzoric @ Post Ironic

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    Yeah I've seen it, pretty good documentary since it gives an insight on the mechanisms of indoctrination and at the same time takes the young radicalized Israeli's somewhat off the hook. When you add to that documentary that most history books in Israel are published through the Israeli Ministry of Defense and are exclusively in Hebrew it adds to the bubble they are brough up in. The construction is impenetrable.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

i suppose both of you already watched it though :p

the scene when the teacher basically tells the kids that
    everybody outside of israel hates them (7:45)...later they visit Auschwitz and an old polish
    guy sitting on a bench asks them where they come from or something like that, the
    kids get scared as fuck...because of the jew hating polish guys i suppose :shifty:

then the scene where that british (i think) activist is talking bout gaza (1:04:45), and calls it like it is,
    that israel is breaking human/international rights. i was glad he somehow made it out alive.
    seriously. i was in fear they were gonna kill him.

and finkelstein :delpiero: (53:30)
    ...he criticizes israel...obviously because he hates jews. may he never come back.

ADL 13:24 :rofl: :rofl: "he couldnt take a day off" pure hate it is.

...also the biased newspapers (9:27) :touched:

when i saw that doc the first time it enraged the shit ouf of me, i guess because
    i somewhat refused to believe what i just saw.

@ Nzoric @ Post Ironic
    It's a good one. Thanks for the reminder of it. :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)