Documentary-thread (1 Viewer)

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
Listen, I'm terribly sorry for what happened to you as I am for every innocent person who suffered in that war. It's still not a genocide and the Hague tribunal has been everything but impartial in the way it has applied it's definitions of genocide and rulings.

So Srebrenica is a genocide, but Operation Storm isn't? Only in the Hague Tribunal.

This guy confesed that he killed 72 people and he and couple of other soldiers killed over 1200 people in space of just 6 hours by his confesion
Then they burried them in varios graves, so I dont know how that is not a genocide, planned organized mass killings of one ethnic group.

In the end there are mass evidence and verdicts of international judges and tribunals that debunk you and similar negators.
It like trying to convince Goering lover that they indeed commited act of genocide of Jews while the other is defending it to be more complicated than that, well it wasnt.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011

This guy confesed that he killed 72 people and he and couple of other soldiers killed over 1200 people in space of just 6 hours by his confesion
Then they burried them in varios graves, so I dont know how that is not a genocide, planned organized mass killings of one ethnic group.

In the end there are mass evidence and verdicts of international judges and tribunals that debunk you and similar negators.
It like trying to convince Goering lover that they indeed commited act of genocide of Jews while the other is defending it to be more complicated than that, well it wasnt.
By his testimony the people who were killed at that farm were soldiers who had surrendered. That's still a war crime - but not genocide.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
They made it look like it's about religion or ethnicity, but the hell it was.
:agree: I do not know half enough of the Yugoslav war to comment on it, but this can be said about so many religous or ethnical wars.

Even the epitome of religous wars, the crusades, were in reality mostly economically and politically motivated, religion was as so often only a means to mobilise the masses.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
By his testimony the people who were killed at that farm were soldiers who had surrendered. That's still a war crime - but not genocide.
What the fuck, I acctually know dozen of people form region of Srebrenica who managed to survive and their whole families were wiped out, I guess they all were soldiers, little babies of 4 months.The women who raised me along side my mother were at the prison camp, 50 year old women I guess she was a solider to who surrendered.My first door neighbor lost 22 family members, man they all had guns and uniforms, riiiight.

I am done, you can't argue against these bunch of lies.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
What the fuck, I acctually know dozen of people form region of Srebrenica who managed to survive and their whole families were wiped out, I guess they all were soldiers, little babies of 4 months.The women who raised me along side my mother were at the prison camp, 50 year old women I guess she was a solider to who surrendered.My first door neighbor lost 22 family members, man they all had guns and uniforms, riiiight.

I am done, you can't argue against these bunch of lies.
What is the point of writing this? Are you trying to say that I approve of the killings? I wrote in thr first post that every Serb in Hague is there for a reason, so I dont know what you are arguing against.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
What is the point of writing this? Are you trying to say that I approve of the killings? I wrote in thr first post that every Serb in Hague is there for a reason, so I dont know what you are arguing against.
Genocide happened whether you like it or not, international tribunal decided upon that and you quoted me first I didnt quote you. So it's is for the best that you just dont quote me again because I will respond again.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Watched the ESPN 30 for 30 doc, Slaying the Badger. :tup:
http://espn.go.com/30for30/film?page=slayingthebadger

Sure, there's a little of an American bent with the Greg LeMond angle. And LeMond is back in vogue after the world now knows what a cheating dickhead Lance Armstrong was/is. But it's a good story of a sport that doesn't get sufficient coverage or explanation here, the interview footage is excellent, and the story of the intra-team rivalry is far more compelling than any Del Piero vs. Ibra skirmish could ever be.

It's also an interesting look at the past of the sport right before EPO doping became rampant and we all know now for sure what we weren't entirely sure back then.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Watched three excellent Documentaries over the past few days.

1. Narco Cultura

Fucking brutal, but well made. It follows a csi in Juarez and the lead singer of a narco corrido band in Los Angeles - effective portrayal of the problem from several angles.

The Devil Came on Horseback

Dont watch this if you've got a weak stomach. Its about the Darfur war which I had studiet prior to watching this, but the pictures were just shocking.

3. Jesus Camp

Turk would send his kids there, Im sure of it.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
i highly recommend people interested in history to watch Oliver stones " the untold history of the united states" its a ten episode series that takes you down a long journey in American history, and it highlights some key moments in the relationship with Russia.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
i highly recommend people interested in history to watch Oliver stones " the untold history of the united states" its a ten episode series that takes you down a long journey in American history, and it highlights some key moments in the relationship with Russia.
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Best documentaries of 2014 for me so far:

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Watched the ESPN 30 for 30 doc, Slaying the Badger. :tup:
http://espn.go.com/30for30/film?page=slayingthebadger

Sure, there's a little of an American bent with the Greg LeMond angle. And LeMond is back in vogue after the world now knows what a cheating dickhead Lance Armstrong was/is. But it's a good story of a sport that doesn't get sufficient coverage or explanation here, the interview footage is excellent, and the story of the intra-team rivalry is far more compelling than any Del Piero vs. Ibra skirmish could ever be.

It's also an interesting look at the past of the sport right before EPO doping became rampant and we all know now for sure what we weren't entirely sure back then.
I saw that one a few months ago. It was good, but, as you say, perhaps too LeMond friendly. Can you recommend some other 30 for 30? I have watched a few here and there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)