DO NOT ORDER THE UEFA/FSC/SETANTA CL STREAMS (4 Viewers)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #22
    Got a reply yet, Andy?
    The only reply I received was that they are looking into the issue and that it would take 3 to 5 business days for my refund request to be reviewed. It's been three business days thus far.

I made it clear to them that they WILL lose customers over this. Potentially hundreds. I could easily post this all over the net.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    You payed Setanta money to provide you with a service :lol:
    Sad to say, Señor Zebra is right. Setanta makes me gag, and their pricing is generally exorbitant. I really think they only stay in business because they've found a way to fleece retarded EPL fans who don't know any better.

In that sense, maybe I should despise them less...

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #24
    You are supposed to get what you pay for. Setanta's channel, even though ridiculously priced, at least doesn't black itself out or buffer every time Wayne Rooney makes his pig face during a match.

$10 for one match online should provide me with a non-worry, non-problematic 'sure bet' safe haven to watch a match, but it did not, so that is the problem here.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    It sucks that you had to be the guinea pig to try to see a Juve match, though. That's a failure of both Setanta and FSC.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #26
    Hell, better me than others. I'm signed up for the largest soccer forum in North America, BigSoccer. If they want to lose potential customers, they've screwed over the wrong person. This topic can spread faster than the plague.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    same actually, but it took up too much space, so when things get desperate, i go in to bootcamp. Usually if there's a stream available, I'll find it ;)

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Sopcast and the rest P2P streaming services NEVER worked for me. Bet365 all the way though. 80% of the games have perfect quality and hardly any buffering problems.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

It's so good, I even ponder about throwing a bet or two with them, just so I give them something back. :p

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Indeed. :D

I don't bet with them because I think it would be unfair to take money from a company that provides such a fine service. :shifty:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Sad to say, Señor Zebra is right. Setanta makes me gag, and their pricing is generally exorbitant. I really think they only stay in business because they've found a way to fleece retarded EPL fans who don't know any better.

In that sense, maybe I should despise them less...
    Ah, he's just slagging them because their Irish TV arm nearly went bust a few months back.

I've long wondered where I stand on the "damn businesses for exploiting customers" and "fools and their money..." divide. I think I've grown though. I think I can hate them both for what they are. Maybe it's Doublethink, maybe it's misanthropic, but damn it, it works for me.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #36
    I just received this email:

Dear Andy,

Thank you for your email. We are sorry to hear that you have had problems. We
    have processed your request for a refund today. You should allow 5-10 days for
    the funds to appear back in your account. We hope you have a better experience
    next time.

Best regards,

UEFA Live Match Coverage Support

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Bet365 all the way though. 80% of the games have perfect quality and hardly any buffering problems.
    :agree:

Bet365 is the best bet for Seria A.

Shame you can't enlarge the picture on it, though.
    Must be where you are. Over here, Bet365 is a non-starter.

Ah, he's just slagging them because their Irish TV arm nearly went bust a few months back.

I've long wondered where I stand on the "damn businesses for exploiting customers" and "fools and their money..." divide. I think I've grown though. I think I can hate them both for what they are. Maybe it's Doublethink, maybe it's misanthropic, but damn it, it works for me.
    :D

That's a great topic perhaps for another thread. I've been thinking a lot lately about companies that despise their idiotic customers -- and I'm not sure who to blame more in those cases.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    Despite the warnings in this thread, I went ahead and ordered the stream yesterday. Worked rather well, the image freezed only once for about a second, never any buffering.

Obviously, I didn't watch the FSC/Setanta stream, but rather one provided by my local channel, so maybe that has something to do with the quality.

I'll definitely try it again 2 weeks from now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)