Status
Not open for further replies.
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #603
    I want Silva because he was the best player in the world last year...in FM 2008

nowayjose

Sep 23, 2008
    Silva was the best player in the world last year? He played well for Spain, but was not even their central player: Torres and Xavi arguably had better Euro performances.

Still, in terms of bang for buck, i like Silva. Diego is a good midfielder, but his position - central attacking mid, is going the way of the dinosaur

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Silva was the best player in the world last year? He played well for Spain, but was not even their central player: Torres and Xavi arguably had better Euro performances.

Still, in terms of bang for buck, i like Silva. Diego is a good midfielder, but his position - central attacking mid, is going the way of the dinosaur
    huh?

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    That looked to be the case a couple of years ago, but there are more teams playing 4-3-1-2 now, than there were at times in the past.

nabulio

Jan 31, 2008
    a lot will depend on ranieri, whether to stick with the usual 4-4-2, or 4-3-3.

If he decides for the 4-3-3, than the best option seems to be Cassano or Silva.

A midfield trio, consisted of Sisso, Marchisio + Camo and the attacking line with Gio (Dp) - Amauri(Trez) - Cassano/Silva.

Both Gio and Cassano (or Silva) are SS, that means they can even help out the midfiled. If we have to defend we can switch to 4-5-1, when attacking it will be 4-3-3.

Again, a lot will depend on Ranieri...

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    I love to play a 4-3-3 next year with Silva. BUT I would do anything to have Ribery, no matter what formation we played. Since Silva is younger and still worldclass, he seems a more sensible option considering he seems to be more versatile than Diego, and as it seems economically Ribery may be too far out of reach.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Ribery, born 7 April 1983

Diego, born 28 February 1985

Silva, born 8 January 1986

Difference in age is not significant, therefore age is not a factor when choosing between them.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    The hasbeen brazilian named wannabe who will be offloaded this summer by chelski, and we will see him as a "long" term alternative for nedved.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)