• David Silva (Valencia)

• Franck Ribéry (Bayern Munich)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
Marceℓℓo;1926513 said:
Don't know,I just have in mind that they said they'll definitely splash the cash on a quality Nedved replacement.Rossi could be Nedved's replacement,even though an indirect one.Plus Ranieri knows him from his Parma days:eyebrows:

Unlikely though:cry:
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/feb14i.html

Secco says: “Considering our style of play, which is the 4-4-2, Diego is not a player with compatible characteristics,” warned Secco.

I remember also Ranieri's statement confirming that he'll stick with 4-4-2 next season, ocassionally maybe fielding a trident. So if they rule out Diego because of tactics, they probably won't change it for Cassano, but we can also play something between 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 if Giovinco's playing in Nedved's position. That would suit us best considering not only quality of our home-grown player but also financial factor. Cassano will be probably significally cheaper than Silva, as we don't face competition of Barca, Real, Chelsea and so on. And even if we fail to get Cassano, there's no problem because Iaquinta will most likely stay then, allowing us to use more money on defensive upgrades.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
And, I believe, he has finally got his head sorted, Stephan.

27 is him in his prime and he would be well worth a five year contract.

If we sign Silva or Diego or whoever, do you really think we can rely on them for longer than that? They would probably be off to Real/Barca/Chelsea if they do very well for us
we haven't sold a good player/usefull to the team since zidane..(except farsopoli when ..u know..we were forced)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
we were forced because we were going to lose so much money from being demoted, sponsors, etc. Besides he wanted out and we were gonna have bills to pay. Now why we sold him to Inter is beyond me. There had to have been others that would have wanted him.

Mar 30, 2006
We should have sold him to Madrid. They wanted him after Ibra owned them in the CL.

watching Giovinco last night I am wondering if we need Silva or Diego. He showed he has what it takes for the big stage. If he can play like that against Chelsea why can't get get the start against Serie A teams? We just need to trust him more and play him in a free role where he can read the game and pop up where he can do the most damage as he was doing yesterday.

maybe we should buy SIlva just because he can play both LM and RM cuz Camo is always injured. But we really need fullbacks and a top CB. We should put in a 30 million bid for Silva and Miguel or Albiol

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We should have sold him to Madrid. They wanted him after Ibra owned them in the CL.

watching Giovinco last night I am wondering if we need Silva or Diego. He showed he has what it takes for the big stage. If he can play like that against Chelsea why can't get get the start against Serie A teams? We just need to trust him more and play him in a free role where he can read the game and pop up where he can do the most damage as he was doing yesterday.

maybe we should buy SIlva just because he can play both LM and RM cuz Camo is always injured. But we really need fullbacks and a top CB. We should put in a 30 million bid for Silva and Miguel or Albiol
I like Diego but I wouldn't go for him now. I prefer Silva like you said can play in two different positions. But Giovinco should be given one of those roles for the majority of the remainder of the season and see how he plays before we spend millions on one player. A lot depends on the formation we play too which is why I am leaning towards Silva over Diego. I still would take Ribery in a heartbeat.

If we did this with Gio and it turns out well at the end of the season that he is able to play in these roles then we need to invest heavily in defense and a better Camo replacement, someone younger that can take over when Camo gets older.

Does anyone know when we might be able to see Daud in the first time? Or anyone from the Primavera for that matter?

Mar 30, 2006
I like Diego but I wouldn't go for him now. I prefer Silva like you said can play in two different positions. But Giovinco should be given one of those roles for the majority of the remainder of the season and see how he plays before we spend millions on one player. A lot depends on the formation we play too which is why I am leaning towards Silva over Diego. I still would take Ribery in a heartbeat.

If we did this with Gio and it turns out well at the end of the season that he is able to play in these roles then we need to invest heavily in defense and a better Camo replacement, someone younger that can take over when Camo gets older.

Does anyone know when we might be able to see Daud in the first time? Or anyone from the Primavera for that matter?
probably colser to the end of the season when we are more sure of what will happen. like if we are 7 points behind inter with 2 games 2 go and a 7 point lead over Milan or something I would expect Ranieri to give players like Ariaudo, Giovinco, Iago and others some playing time.

I think we have enough young players in the first team at the moment though so I would expect players like Ekdal to be sent on loan next season to get playing time and experience like we did with Marchisio and Giovinco. That worked out for the best.

I wonder if we put in a bid for Robben could we get him? Madrid will defn be tossing alot of players this summer and while Robben has been great they have been saying Madrid are better without him. I know they will bid for Ribery and eventually will get Ronaldo so maybe we have a chance.

He is better than SIlva and can play both on the right or left. His injuries are the only issue

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
probably colser to the end of the season when we are more sure of what will happen. like if we are 7 points behind inter with 2 games 2 go and a 7 point lead over Milan or something I would expect Ranieri to give players like Ariaudo, Giovinco, Iago and others some playing time.

I think we have enough young players in the first team at the moment though so I would expect players like Ekdal to be sent on loan next season to get playing time and experience like we did with Marchisio and Giovinco. That worked out for the best.

I wonder if we put in a bid for Robben could we get him? Madrid will defn be tossing alot of players this summer and while Robben has been great they have been saying Madrid are better without him. I know they will bid for Ribery and eventually will get Ronaldo so maybe we have a chance.

He is better than SIlva and can play both on the right or left. His injuries are the only issue
Robben has a lot of injuries too. Perhaps if Real went after Silva that would give us a better chance of signing Ribery unless a EPL team wins the CL then they would probably try and splurge on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)