Diego Maradona Recalls His Memories of Juve (1 Viewer)

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
England....only the charlton brothers were legendary players
Shearer was amazing at EPL level but didnt too much on world stage

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
ahmedz said:
England....only the charlton brothers were legendary players
Shearer was amazing at EPL level but didnt too much on world stage
Jack Charlton wasn't the best English defender of his generation, much less of all time.

It seems it's fashionable to mock the quality of England's stars of the past, much like it's fashionable to mock their league today, even if its top teams stand out as being the equal of their Italian or Spanish counterparts in Europe.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
There is a famous saying in argentina and in some parts of the world.. "What Zidane can do with a ball, Maradona can do with an orange". IMO his the best player ive ever seen. Good to see to a certain extent he has respect for Juve as a club and especially for the men who stayed behind in serie B.

English are well known for overhyping all their players. Theres many "english legends", but them two words are as close as it gets.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
PhRoZeN said:
There is a famous saying in argentina and in some parts of the world.. "What Zidane can do with a ball, Maradona can do with an orange".
Platini originally said it some years back. My father, who knows very little about football, said that it sounded like Platini was jealous of the attention Zidane was getting. I tend to agree, even if there's some truth in it.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
mikhail said:
Platini originally said it some years back. My father, who knows very little about football, said that it sounded like Platini was jealous of the attention Zidane was getting. I tend to agree, even if there's some truth in it.
i tend to get that from Platini's personality.

abt English players/football, my problem with the English is their media. Some of their players r great players but their media just overhype them or just kill their spirit.

I guess thats why we always hear stories about great English players in the past, cause it was pre the Media blast of the modern era.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
mark83 said:
WTF?!

George Best, Geoff Hurst, David Platt, Alan Shearer,...
George Best was from Northern Ireland so therefore he doesn't count as an Englishman.

But Bobby Charlton and Bobby Moore are both legends, and so is Cloughie to be honest. The "Englishs" don't exactly have "nothing."

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
as much as we scots tend to bash /hate the english they have had several graet players in the past
terry butcher was an excellent defender and a hard bastard, they also have had several in the past but i have to say i admire steven gerrard of the current generation. however they always manage to destroy their best players so the media must take some blame for their failings

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Bozi said:
as much as we scots tend to bash /hate the english they have had several graet players in the past
terry butcher was an excellent defender and a hard bastard, they also have had several in the past but i have to say i admire steven gerrard of the current generation. however they always manage to destroy their best players so the media must take some blame for their failings
same here,agreed

abt Terry Butcher, hes the coach of Sydney FC in here and hes just being slaughtered by the Sydney fans cause they were champions and now there is the chance dont reach the finals.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Elvin said:
lol Have you ever seen a genious with normal mentality? NOP :D
Richard Feynman. Sure, he broke safes in one of the most important installations in the US's history for fun, but he seems to have been a fairly normal bloke otherwise.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
mikhail said:
Richard Feynman. Sure, he broke safes in one of the most important installations in the US's history for fun, but he seems to have been a fairly normal bloke otherwise.
i remember this guy with me in high school, he hacked into the Dean's computer and the other teachers. He could've had any grade he wanted, but he just typed in "i was here":pumpkin:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
mikhail said:
Feynman number :toast: ok, it is something he found but what is its significance? :D

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Jeeks said:
Feynman number :toast: ok, it is something he found but what is its significance? :D
Dunno. He's most famous for his work on quantum electrodynamics, particularly for the Feynman Diagrams which make certain calculations enormously easier than the old mathematical methods.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
sateeh said:
i remember this guy with me in high school, he hacked into the Dean's computer and the other teachers. He could've had any grade he wanted, but he just typed in "i was here":pumpkin:
haha

Priceless :tup:

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
sateeh said:
LOL :p gr8 story

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)