Diego Forlán - ST - Atletico-Madrid (4 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We were always falling for the one time wonders. But lets not go as far, as buying such an old player, right at the peak of his max price tag, when we dont need him.
We need a young scoring machine, our forward line is already overcroweded with similar choices and Forlan is not much younger, or prolific, than the players he is bound to replace. Better keep our money, meld it with next year's budget and make a prorer, permanent and wiser acquisition.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
with all due respect to trez but forlan runs and plays like he's 27..i would personally love to have him him..he is quality but as cronios well said, we need to think at the future.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
Until he gets injured and he doesnt run anymore at all! I like Forlan, he can shoot ,creates his own chances but i'm not sure if he wants to come here. Young goalscoringmachine? Huntelaar, Give Milan Zebina or Grygera + some cash

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
See my point ;) ? Nahh i mean Forlan is quit an injury prone player is he not?
Again i would love him here, i do but is he for sale AND can we use Tiago as leverage?

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Forlan is great and he could give us atleast 2 good years. I would prefer someone younger however (I keep on dreaming of Benz).

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Nahh i mean Forlan is quit an injury prone player is he not?
I think you mixed him up with someone.

In his last 6 years in Spain, out of possible 38 matches in a season he played: 38, 32, 36, 36, 33, 33. He missed only 20 league matches in the last 6 seasons. That means that he played 91% of the matches in the last 6 seasons. That's an average of 3.3 matches per season missed. On some of them he might have been rested.

And in the last 6 years he scored 147 goals for Atletico and Villarreal (not counting the Uruguay NT). That's also a great average of 24.5 goals per season. In 2 of these 6 seasons he was the top scorer in Europe and won the golden boot.

He's a goal machine AND a player with vision, who assists goals. Support striker who scores lots of goals, like Del Piero.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006

In his last 6 years in Spain, out of possible 38 matches in a season he played: 38, 32, 36, 36, 33, 33. He missed only 20 league matches in the last 6 seasons. That means that he played 91% of the matches in the last 6 seasons. That's an average of 3.3 matches per season missed. On some of them he might have been rested.

And in the last 6 years he scored 147 goals for Atletico and Villarreal (not counting the Uruguay NT). That's also a great average of 24.5 goals per season. In 2 of these 6 seasons he was the top scorer in Europe and won the golden boot.

He's a goal machine AND a player with vision, who assists goals. Support striker who scores lots of goals, like Del Piero.
Or suspended :D

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006

Dude, youre awesome! I can't think of a post without numbers and stats from you! Thx for clearing it up. I thought he was quite injury prone at man untd but i guess i was wrong:agree:

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009

Damn Alen, you'd love the American sports culture. Stats is everything.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Damn Alen, you'd love the American sports culture. Stats is everything.
I do not actually. Stats are helpful to confirm an opinion or to prove an opinion wrong, but they are useless on their own.

For example, I think one could find that some other players will have same or similar stats as Forlan, but if you watch them all you will see that he's head and shoulders above them all.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Where he would play in our formation? as a SS or as CF?
That's the beautiful part. He can play both. He's been amazing as a target man and we all saw how good of a support striker he is.
If we get a player like Forlan we can sell two of our strikers and he can replace them both.
He can play in the same team with all our strikers and be great at it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)