Diego Forlán - ST - Atletico-Madrid (7 Viewers)

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #43
    They bought his half I think. Not sure but he could still move.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    Neymar would be big but I`m not sure he will perform as you expect him if he were to join us
    I`m not sure he is mature enough to play for a top Serie A team
    I do however think he will be big after spending a couple of seasons at a mid level club or at some other league

noussa

Aug 29, 2008
    Neymar would be big but I`m not sure he will perform as you expect him if he were to join us
    I`m not sure he is mature enough to play for a top Serie A team
    I do however think he will be big after spending a couple of seasons at a mid level club or at some other league

wait a minute we are a top Serie A team?nice to hear that:rolleyes:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    I don't think he will fit here. I don't see him doing what he's doing for his NT at Juventus.

I just noticed your signature btw :lol2:, wonderful.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    :D

He has been wonderful for Athletico and Villareal before that. He can play anywhere up top. Could be a good coup if we unload Iaquinta or Amauri and not get Dzeko this season.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    If we ran out of Dzeko likes options then I wouldn't mind. But I would invest on someone like Dzeko. Forlan's style is similar more to Giovinco/Del Piero's style more than Iaquinta or Trezeguet.

And I'd rather see Giovinco playing than him. No question about that.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    We shouldn't be getting players that we're gonna be stuck with a few years down on high wages and are gonna need replacing.
    As much as I like Forlan, I have to agree with this.

No sensible club, economically speaking I mean, will be tricked into spending big money for him.

And I do hope & think we are still a sensible club.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    Forlan is awesome, but he wouldn't come for anything less than 30 mil that's for sure. And I don't think it's a good idea paying 30mil+ for a 31 yrs old striker.

May 22, 2007
    ...is what makes him an affordable and realistic target for us.
    Do you really think Atlético are going to make him affordable? I wouldn't pay more than 15m for him at his age. The World Cup and his performances at club level mean that they will be less inclined to accept anything which isn't relatively high either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)