Didier Deschamps (3 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Actually Cronios, half of the teams in Serie-A would struggle with Serie-B opponents. Clubs like Parma and Torino are not better than Rimini and Genoa. Clubs like Livorno, Chievo and Reggina are not better than Piacenza, Bologna and Brescia.

When are people going to realize that Serie-B is no walk in the park? And especially when every team we face play with 7-8 defenders throughout the games..?

I say no to booing! and no to drugs!

And that Andy's post was the hotness. I say this because we have a lot of crap players and that Andy was spot on to mention Paro in this category.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Actually Cronios, half of the teams in Serie-A would struggle with Serie-B opponents. Clubs like Parma and Torino are not better than Rimini and Genoa. Clubs like Livorno, Chievo and Reggina are not better than Piacenza, Bologna and Brescia.

When are people going to realize that Serie-B is no walk in the park? And especially when every team we face play with 7-8 defenders throughout the games..?

I say no to booing! and no to drugs!

And that Andy's post was the hotness. I say this because we have a lot of crap players and that Andy was spot on to mention Paro in this category.
:agree: Quite right.

People should be happy that we are leading, it is not realistic to expect a team to win and play brilliantly every game. Especially given the limited resources at the clubs disposal currently and the way teams play against us.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I dont know if you ppl have realised/notised but despite the fact we are playing in serie b,
we are a serie A team and actually one of the damn best serie A teams,
material wise, EVEN now!
I m sorry to realise that the serie b mentality has really installed deep within our fans ranks.
Some decent results against much much more inferior competition and some mediocre results against simply inferior squads are not ,normally, good enough to please a Juve fan, just because our inferior opponents cant keep up with similar performance. Despite being in the same league, we are not in the same level as those teams.
The result isnt everything in football (IMO)
but even considering the results only, its pretty obvious we have done well as a serie B team, a decent job as an inferior serie A team and mediocre job as a top 5-6 serie A team.

Roma,Inter,Fiorentina,Milan,Lazio are the only teams in Italy that are supposed to be better than us now based in our squad material and financial status.

Parma,Genoa,Chievo,Reggina and Torino ARE lesser squads than us even today,
we shouldnt be jubilant if we simply achieve their performance,
we are more than that, we should ask more than that...
And furthermore, the team's abilities and high hopes should be always considered for the final jugdement.
We are supposed to be Juve, we are supposed to be better than them even when we play with their rules, we are not just richier, we are supposed to be better as a team, in every way.
We are underperforming considering our own abilities, NOT THEIRS, forget them, we are Juventus, there has never been such a powerful squad in serie b. This is not our natural place, competition between us and them is not natural or fair.
Our team is not full of players like Paro, De Ceglie and Piccolo alone,
we have a decent serie A team fielded weak in weak out, with world cup winners.
But we have failed miserable to look like that every week, despite getting or not the result in the end.
We have failed miserable to ever win a team better, equal or even close to our potential in a derby this year.
This is what am i talking about, i never considered that we could stay in serie B for another year under those circumstances, neither that we would end the season undefeated and set unbreakable records as only our team would be able to do, i just want to see a fraction of the old Juve power considering today's facts,
the future looks so grimm if we continue to perform on the same level next year.
Just look at the Napoli's roster, take a close look at them?
IF we had that roster what would you ask from Juve then? Avoid retrogradation in serie C???
Think about it... we have been used to play with favourable odds, we always had one of the best teams in the world,
if we are not that powerful anymore, it doesnt mean that any team is able to beat us.
Juve was beaten by lesser teams many times, why cant we EVER EVER beat a team like Napoli for a change?

Because we are not good enough as a team, we are underperforming
and are simply based in the great difference of talent, we have over lesser competition. Thats the only thing we have for now and the difference is that big, that is able to carry us away from serie b.
Next year this difference wont be that great, we will have much more frustrating moments and results if we keep up like that, we need something more, we need substance, we need smth we dont have now,
this is what i m worried about, not a stupid record or an unlucky draw against a team destined to play serie C next year...

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I was surprised how actually DD fielded a good formation for today. I see he is finally testing some new things and today he really got it right. Camo was excellent on his CM position ocasionally helping Marchionni on the right. Our midfield was really strong today and that was a key to our win. I hope DD keeps up a good job. :tup:

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Didier Deschamps says he understands the pressure referees are under. “In the current climate, if there is a doubt they won’t go our way.”
Juventus were demoted to Serie B with a nine-point penalty due to match-fixing allegations and this week there have been further accusations from the Naples-based Calciopoli investigation.
“It was difficult to prepare for this game,” he said of the 3-1 victory at Lecce’s Stadio Via del Mare.
“Matteo Paro also suffered an injury in the warm-up, so another midfielder was absent from an already decimated squad. Everyone worked hard for the side and the Champions took control.”
Above all Mauro German Camoranesi, as the World Cup winner set up the opener for Marco Marchionni and scored the third goal.
“Camoranesi has also proved himself important in the difficult moments in the past too. He has highs and lows, but is going through a positive spell right now, even if not playing in his natural position. When he’s in this form, he changes the team.”
There was controversy in this match, as Juve were denied a clear penalty in the first half for a handling offence that pushed the ball off Marchionni’s foot.
“Everyone saw it was a penalty except for the referee,” said Deschamps. “There’s no doubting it was a spot-kick offence. However, I understand the pressure the officials are under. After the Calciopoli scandal, when in doubt it is extremely unlikely they will whistle in Juve’s favour.
“We understand that and no longer even discuss it between ourselves. The main problem I had at half-time today was calming everyone down in the locker room.”
There is a midweek Serie B round coming up, which explains why David Trezeguet was left on the bench despite Alessandro Del Piero’s ban.
“Trezeguet is not 100 per cent fit. He has played twice in four days and there is another game on Tuesday, so we discussed it and decided he would not start today.”
Lecce suffered their first home defeat since Giuseppe Papadopulo took over from Zdenek Zeman and the tactician was magnanimous.
“In the first half we pushed forward and attacked well, but after the break our concentration slipped and we weren’t up to the same standard. One must appreciate our opponents, who other than technical proficiency also proved they have understood the Serie B mentality,” said the former Lazio Coach.

Football Italia

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
DD: Juve need 15 points

Didier Deschamps believes that 15 points divide Juventus from their long awaited return to Serie A.

The Bianconeri moved closer to promotion thanks to the 3-1 win away at Lecce on Saturday and are now ready to face Rimini in the rescheduled Week 22 match on Tuesday.

“We need 15 points, we are ready for the final sprint,” claimed Deschamps on Monday.

“We know there are ten matches before the end of the campaign and the earlier we win them the faster we will reach our objective. No one wants to wait until June to know what our destiny will be.”

Deschamps has yet to decide which formation to field against Rimini, who held the Bianconeri to a historic 1-1 draw on their Serie B debut in September.

“That match helped us to understand what we would have to face every week. Rimini were a surprise at the beginning of the season, but now we know their strength, they have conceded only one goal in the last 10 matches.

“I still need to decide if I will field a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3 formation, I am studying the different options.”

The tactician also commented on the recent rumours suggesting that former Coach Marcello Lippi might accept a new job with Juventus as the club’s technical director.

“These decisions are not up to me, I want to focus on the present. In any case, if the management decides to hire him I will have no problems at all,” he concluded.
Source: Channel 4

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
i honestly i think our guys played their a$$es off today, thus my arrows go at DD for this one. it comes down to strategy/tactics and coaching. use of your weapons/personnel in the right situation.

although being a man down made things 10x more difficult, this guy should be able to coach the best group of players in B and get results from it.

i'm not asking for his head or his job, just consistency to prove to us that he is the coach to keep us afloat in A next year.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I didn't see the game but going by the reports we played quite well dominated the game, despite being down to ten men, and just failed to take our chances.

Can't blame the coach if the team is creating chances and just failing to take them, these things happen.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I didn't see the game but going by the reports we played quite well dominated the game, despite being down to ten men, and just failed to take our chances.

Can't blame the coach if the team is creating chances and just failing to take them, these things happen.
ya but it has to come down to coaching when we we are trying something which doesn't work and nothing is adjusted or changed.

we have many great veteran players on our squad, today we had ale, trez, neddy, and camo all starting yet we were being haulted. YES rimini's keeper had the game of his life but still its DD's responsibility to make the necessary adjustments to the attacking scheme to score.

if we dominated the match then obviously we weren't out played. logically it means we were out coached.

Durden

May 11, 2006

Excatly the players worked really hard. I watched the game and I think the critics of DD today is mainly due to his substitutions, or lack of...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)