Didier Deschamps (10 Viewers)

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Deschamps: Juve wuz robbed

Juventus Coach Didier Deschamps has renewed the row with referees by claiming his team was denied a clear penalty against Rimini.

“My players put in a great performance despite being in 10 men for the entire second half,” he said after the 0-0 draw at Turin’s Stadio Olimpico.

“The squad is in fine shape, so it’s a shame we were unable to find a way through and Rimini’s goalkeeper made some fantastic saves.”

The Bianconeri were furious on the stroke of half-time when Pavel Nedved appeared to be felled for a penalty, but the referee waved play on.

Federico Balzaretti took his protests too far as they went down the players’ tunnel and was sent off during the interval.

“It was a clear spot-kick, as the defender took away his standing leg. There was a bit of tension, but not just about this incident,” pointed out Deschamps.

The Coach had already commented on the “understandable” reticence of referees to award penalties to Juventus after the Calciopoli scandal.

“There have been decisions like this since the start of the season and last week we were denied another clear penalty at Lecce. Inevitably, in the long run this leads to some losing their calm.

“We have been under pressure for eight months and are now launched on the final sprint towards promotion, so when incidents repeatedly go against us, this can cause tension.”

However, the 1998 World Cup winner did not defend Balzaretti’s actions in the red card row.

“I will not defend the way my players behaved, because one must always keep calm in every situation. I don’t believe they swore or used offensive language against the referee. Unfortunately, right now we have to be stronger than everyone and everything.”
Source: Channel 4

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
wonderful work from DD , keeping invisible trez tell the last 15 mn instead of getting fast players like marchionni and paladino from the start of the second half

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
I dont know whats wrong with DD when it comes to substitutions...
He is always late, and it's been like this the whole season:disagree:
As bianc0neri said...we were out-coached...

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
wonderful work from DD , keeping invisible trez tell the last 15 mn instead of getting fast players like marchionni and paladino from the start of the second half
I agree with you on this one.
could you guys explain your point to me please? because imo palladino didn't do much, and Trezi was very good in that game.He should've stayed on the whole 90mins.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
could you guys explain your point to me please? because imo palladino didn't do much, and Trezi was very good in that game.He should've stayed on the whole 90mins.
Trezi was very good in that game ????? :rofl:
he did not touch the ball more than one time

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
DD should have used Marchionni because we were very weak on the right wing, I don´t understand how you haven´t noticed that. I agree that Trezi had a pretty good game, he was just unlucky not to score.

And Bojinov should have entered instead of Zalayeta because Bojinov can cross better, he can hold the ball, he is fast and he can dribble unlike Zalayeta.

Also, DD waited too long for his substitutes. Now do you understand what I mean?? :pumpkin:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Trezi was very good in that game ????? :rofl:
he did not touch the ball more than one time
i'm wasting my time with you,aren't I ?
DD should have used Marchionni because we were very weak on the right wing, I don´t understand how you haven´t noticed that. I agree that Trezi had a pretty good game, he was just unlucky not to score.

And Bojinov should have entered instead of Zalayeta because Bojinov can cross better, he can hold the ball, he is fast and he can dribble unlike Zalayeta.

Also, DD waited too long for his substitutes. Now do you understand what I mean?? :pumpkin:
so we Agree abt Trezi, having a good game.

if Marchionni was introduced, it should've been for one of the attacking midfielders and that meant either camo or neddy and they were having a very good game offensively and especially defensively.Something that marchionni cannot provide imo.
so he would've been brought in either for Trezi or Alex, then most of the crosses would be useless since there wouldn't be any presence in the box.

I agree abt Boji to a certain extent, as he could shoot from outside the box and nothing more. If he was on and Trezi out then we would lose the presence again, so the crosses would be useless.

The team was doing well and were close to scoring, imo the problem was in full backs.Mybe he should've tried piccolo there,as biri didn't contribute at all to the attack.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
i'm wasting my time with you,aren't I ?

so we Agree abt Trezi, having a good game.

if Marchionni was introduced, it should've been for one of the attacking midfielders and that meant either camo or neddy and they were having a very good game offensively and especially defensively.Something that marchionni cannot provide imo.
so he would've been brought in either for Trezi or Alex, then most of the crosses would be useless since there wouldn't be any presence in the box.

I agree abt Boji to a certain extent, as he could shoot from outside the box and nothing more. If he was on and Trezi out then we would lose the presence again, so the crosses would be useless.

The team was doing well and were close to scoring, imo the problem was in full backs.Mybe he should've tried piccolo there,as biri didn't contribute at all to the attack.
I had other idea. To take Birindelli out (because he was just useless last night) and play something like this:

-------Trezi---------DP/Bojinov----------

Palladino----Camo----Nedved----Marchionni

--------------------Gianni---------------------

------Chiellini------Legro-------Zebina---------

This formation would be a bigger risk of course, but maybe it would have got us the needed goal. I guess DD felt this is not as important game as the match against Genoa will be....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)