Didier Deschamps (35 Viewers)

Redangel

Mar 7, 2003
Sorry but I'm italian, I always follow Juve match, with also interview before and after... he is... dunno how to define him... he is different from Lippi and Capello...
I loved him as a player, but not as a coatch.
This is only my own opinion !!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Didier Deschamps said:
I will not defend the way my players behaved, because one must always keep calm in every situation. I don’t believe they swore or used offensive language against the referee. Unfortunately, right now we have to be stronger than everyone and everything.”
The first sentence is contradicted by the second. DD is on Balza's side.
I agree with the people here about DD taking too long over making subs. He should make them sooner. I wonder if he gets so caught up with what's going on, on the field that he loses track of the time. I know I would.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I had other idea. To take Birindelli out (because he was just useless last night) and play something like this:

-------Trezi---------DP/Bojinov----------

Palladino----Camo----Nedved----Marchionni

--------------------Gianni---------------------

------Chiellini------Legro-------Zebina---------

This formation would be a bigger risk of course, but maybe it would have got us the needed goal. I guess DD felt this is not as important game as the match against Genoa will be....
exactly why take the extra risk when we r already a man down.

may i remind you that they had two clear chances in the 2nd half that they should've scored.Both from close range that went just wide.

Imagine what would've happened if more risks have been taken.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I loved him as a player, but not as a coatch.
:agree: i'm beginning to feel that way also. i hope he learns from his mistakes in B so that when we go to A will have fixed his coaching philosophies and strategies. :tup:

--
the real question to ask is:
is DD really a good coach or is it cuz he has world class players playing in an inferior league which has enabled him to lead his team to the top of the table?

opinions please...

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
:agree: i'm beginning to feel that way also. i hope he learns from his mistakes in B so that when we go to A will have fixed his coaching philosophies and strategies. :tup:

--
is DD really a good coach or is it cuz he has world class players playing in an inferior league which has enabled him to lead his team to the top of the table?

opinions please...
2nd option...coz he has top class players...
up 2 date, I didnt see him influencing any game's outcome positively :disagree:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
exactly why take the extra risk when we r already a man down.

may i remind you that they had two clear chances in the 2nd half that they should've scored.Both from close range that went just wide.

Imagine what would've happened if more risks have been taken.
Yea, spot on. :agree: I digress. :D

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
you guys do remember that Deschamps is still young for a coach right? RIGHT? he's can't know everything overnight ffs. Just like a young player, he's a young coach who's still learning the tricks and trade.

plus he took friggin' Monaco... MONACO to CL final. Give the man time even legends such as Mourinho, Ferguson and Lippi aren't perfect tacticians.

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007
you guys do remember that Deschamps is still young for a coach right? RIGHT? he's can't know everything overnight ffs. Just like a young player, he's a young coach who's still learning the tricks and trade.

plus he took friggin' Monaco... MONACO to CL final. Give the man time even legends such as Mourinho, Ferguson and Lippi aren't perfect tacticians.
I think there are veryfew members with oppinion like your's!
DD was the best choice when he came to Juve! He helped us when we most needed, not like Fabio! We should repaid him by letting him manage us for the next term.
I hope he becomes as Lippi... DON'T forget the injuries! We played aproximately 60% of the games without Kovac & Boumsong which are by the way our BEST CB's.
And nevertheless our defence is still solid, our attack rocks! I think we're better in the attackin game than last year[even you can't compare A & B...] Let Secco give DD some decend defenders and DM's so let's see what he can REALY do!

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006

i understand that but if he so great to take monaco to cl finals then how the f*ck is he being out coached in serie B with some of the worlds best players on his squad playing their asses off for him?? please do not tell me that some of these serie B coaches are out-coaching our man at the helm. the sad part is that he really is better than that. :disagree:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003

--

opinions please...
interesting question, but do you consider the current circumstances as the best ones ?
This season we've had injuries,under performances by some players, general low enthusiasm betweem many players and to a lesser extent every team(especially their keepers) were playing the games of their lives and recently the referees( which i dont like to mention but its getting out of hand and so obvious)

Also i think the games that his decisions lead to negative results were very few( the only one that comes to my mind was the Brescia game). So i think his decisions overall were good and in some games his decisions lead to success(Lecce..) and we can't forget he chooses the starting line up and in many cases it was successful

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
interesting question, but do you consider the current circumstances as the best ones ?
This season we've had injuries,under performances by some players, general low enthusiasm betweem many players and to a lesser extent every team(especially their keepers) were playing the games of their lives and recently the referees( which i dont like to mention but its getting out of hand and so obvious)

Also i think the games that his decisions lead to negative results were very few( the only one that comes to my mind was the Brescia game). So i think his decisions overall were good and in some games his decisions lead to success(Lecce..) and we can't forget he chooses the starting line up and in many cases it was successful
:agree:

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
I think DD is a good,if not a great coach.He's still young,and he'd only get better.Sure he has 5 World Class players under him,but 2 of them have lacked motivation and have not had the greatest of seasons.Del Piero and Buffon have been very good though,and Nedved has a decent season too.When you add the fact that his position has constantly been under pressure with the never-ending Lippi rumours,and the high expectations associated with the clubs,AND the impatient fans,i think he's done a very good job.It isnt just about the worldclass players he has IMO,he has plently of ability to absorb pressure too.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i understand that but if he so great to take monaco to cl finals then how the f*ck is he being out coached in serie B with some of the worlds best players on his squad playing their asses off for him?? please do not tell me that some of these serie B coaches are out-coaching our man at the helm. the sad part is that he really is better than that. :disagree:

you make it sound that we are outplayed every single game and are losing every game 3-0. Last time I checked we top of the table.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
you make it sound that we are outplayed every single game and are losing every game 3-0. Last time I checked we top of the table.
But we did struggle many times to win and quite frankly I didn´t expect such a high number of draws. But I may have overestimated this team´s capabilities. Things will be better once DD gets some players he wants. :smoke:

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
But we did struggle many times to win and quite frankly I didn´t expect such a high number of draws. But I may have overestimated this team´s capabilities. Things will be better once DD gets some players he wants. :smoke:
:disagree:
what i have seen till now, is that players who decided matches either positively or negatively...
Didnt see DD influence the outcome of any game, except 1 or 2 the whole season!

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
and again I state he will struggle because he's still young for a coach. Once he gets players he wants plus he gets much better at handling the pressure we will see his genius.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
last time i checked we were supposed to be the best team serie B has ever seen. don't be impressed by our slim lead at the top of the table. we have the better talent than most top tier teams but yet we struggle.

if you're wondering why i'm being so critical of the man its because he is coaching one of the worlds best teams in the minor leagues. he should not have such a hard time keeping things in line.

i think we have 9 draws and 2 losses, 3-1 against brescia? are you f*cking kidding me? please tell me that these kinds of things do not bother you.

on the real let me lay it down like this: if he can't manage every game in sh*tty B properly then WTF is going to be our situation in A. i'm not claiming a run for the scudetto next season but lets be reasonable. i predicted that we finish between the 5-7 range in A next season. thats with "the players he will get this off season". but that still won't help him learn when to sub and change his attack strategy during a match.

as iterated before he took monaco to greatness with a decent squad, then tell me why for all the defending can't he step up and be that manager? i strongly believe if he was not a bianconero then didier deschamps would never be thought of in turin.

once again i don't hate him nor do i want his head. i just wanna win. i'm pretty sure vinman would somewhat agree with me here.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
and again I state he will struggle because he's still young for a coach. Once he gets players he wants plus he gets much better at handling the pressure we will see his genius.
but should he learn the trade on our bench or somewhere else? i dont think our position allows us to take that risk

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
last time i checked we were supposed to be the best team serie B has ever seen. don't be impressed by our slim lead at the top of the table. we have the better talent than most top tier teams but yet we struggle.
if you're wondering why i'm being so critical of the man its because he is coaching one of the worlds best teams in the minor leagues. he should not have such a hard time keeping things in line.

i think we have 9 draws and 2 losses, 3-1 against brescia? are you f*cking kidding me? please tell me that these kinds of things do not bother you.

on the real let me lay it down like this: if he can't manage every game in sh*tty B properly then WTF is going to be our situation in A. i'm not claiming a run for the scudetto next season but lets be reasonable. i predicted that we finish between the 5-7 range in A next season. thats with "the players he will get this off season". but that still won't help him learn when to sub and change his attack strategy during a match.

as iterated before he took monaco to greatness with a decent squad, then tell me why for all the defending can't he step up and be that manager? i strongly believe if he was not a bianconero then didier deschamps would never be thought of in turin.

once again i don't hate him nor do i want his head. i just wanna win. i'm pretty sure vinman would somewhat agree with me here.
Remeber that without the points penalty we would be 14 points clear at the top.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)