Didier Deschamps (4 Viewers)

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
after thsi season serie A, but like DD said you cant be certain. and once we do get back to A, theres also a lack of europe that may be another off-puting thing if we want a new manager
Yeah and if we were to bring Lippi back, I would think it would be if we were back in Serie A. Plus, I think Lippi likes challenges. ;)

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Here's Juventus.com's version: -
Events - 15 Mar 2007 - 6:13 PM

Deschamps: "positive signals from the company"

This is a good week for the whole Juventus, and above all for Didier Deschamps. On Tuesday the win against Treviso, which has lauched the Bianconeri still further, in addiction to the others' results. On Wednesday the Board of Directors approved the mid-term development plan and the capital increase, but also the re-engagement of Deschamps, as Jean-Claude Blanc personally announced.

The French technical commented on everything to Juventus Channel, not forgetting the next match on the calendar, on Monday against Triestina. He said: " What happened is definitely a positive signal. It is the confirmation that the Agnelli family, through john Elkann, want to build an even more competitive Juventus. This honours Elkann and the family, and gives everybody the wish to get ahead with the projects".

His re-engagement for next year as the coach of Juventus, for the French technical is something normal, a natural consequence of the good job he has done until now; he said: "it would have been a news if the Company decided to dismiss me... During these months I' ve never had from anybody negative signals which could have make me think differently".

Juventus is therefore launched in the future with the intention of being back leading in Serie A, and afterwards in Europe. To do so, Deschamps has his own recipe: "to be competitive we have to reinforce the team, but more than anything to keep our champions and believe in those who are fighting today for our aim. Those who are here, they feel well and want to remain here, so now it would be easier to find an agreement with them".

There is still time to think about the next league championship in Serie A. The work started has to be completed, and there is to conquer the promotion, first. For this reason everybody's mind is already with Triestina; Deschamps added: "Serie B is something unpleasant; it is a sacrifice for everyone and we have to try this is going to be for a year only. In these two days we worked softly, to let those who played on Tuesday recover. From Friday we start intensifying the training".
Big daddy's version is better English though!

"... in addiction to the others' results ....." - Who is Juventus.com's new translator? Lapo Elkan?? :p ;)

Antonio1

Juve's Messi
Oct 3, 2004
I feel DD is taking to much criticism here. At the end of the day we are in an awkward position, fans, players and manager. These teams are horrible to play against and every victory is a scrappy one, but nevertheless 3 points. We had a nine point deficit and now we are top of the league, with del piero on a good season and playing as a better team than capello had us play. Ok so we are having our struggles, but guys cumon, this was always gonna happen. I think top of the league is little to complain about and our fans are putting unnecessary pressure on the manager. He is a good juventino, and has served the club well, so lets keep the hopes high and cheer them on, and the give the coach full support. Not many other managers would have accepted B and we should be thankful for DD, he has taken on this challenge and if you'd said to any of us when we were relegated in the summer, 'if by march you are top of the league' we would have been pleased. So until our league position changes, lets support the coach and the players as best we can to help do our bit to make Juve great again.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
I feel DD is taking to much criticism here. At the end of the day we are in an awkward position, fans, players and manager. These teams are horrible to play against and every victory is a scrappy one, but nevertheless 3 points. We had a nine point deficit and now we are top of the league, with del piero on a good season and playing as a better team than capello had us play. Ok so we are having our struggles, but guys cumon, this was always gonna happen. I think top of the league is little to complain about and our fans are putting unnecessary pressure on the manager. He is a good juventino, and has served the club well, so lets keep the hopes high and cheer them on, and the give the coach full support. Not many other managers would have accepted B and we should be thankful for DD, he has taken on this challenge and if you'd said to any of us when we were relegated in the summer, 'if by march you are top of the league' we would have been pleased. So until our league position changes, lets support the coach and the players as best we can to help do our bit to make Juve great again.
:agree:

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
One of the best posts i've read on these forums.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Great post. :thumbs:

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
ok let me put it to you, do you think lippi would come back so gladly after we sacked him and we are in B?? i dont think we will go from a world cup win to B. and how did you feel about lippi in 2004 season?? we wwre third and now we are 1st albeit in B but with a -9 deficit
shows how much you know...

as everyone else already said, we didnt sack Lippi

he would come back when we make it back to A, so all this B talk with Lippi is a moot point

How did i feel about Lippi during the 2004 season ?? I thought not only he, but the entire management was at fault for not signing 2 new defenders....and even though many here disagreed, I ended up to be 100% correct

what else would you like to know ???

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006

he would come back when we make it back to A, so all this B talk with Lippi is a moot point

How did i feel about Lippi during the 2004 season ?? I thought not only he, but the entire management was at fault for not signing 2 new defenders....and even though many here disagreed, I ended up to be 100% correct

:agree: completetly agree with u :tup:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006

ooooooohhh burnt :D

thx 4 the keeping it real vin

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
and bring back the kaiser... simply ridiculous and FYI no bigger junkie than the guy on you tar
oohh...comparing steroids with HEROIN I see

next time I see Sly unconscious from an OVERDOSE, with some trannys next to him, then I'll change the 'tar

in the meantime, I dont want Lapo anywhere near my team

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
+rep. Top post.

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
from channel4

Nedved has Deschamps doubts Saturday 17 March, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus have confirmed Didier Deschamps will be the Coach next season, but Pavel Nedved warns he isn’t so sure.

“The club confirmed Deschamps? I didn’t know,” said the 2003 Ballon d’Or winner. “This is not the time for renewals and decisions. If we were to fail in reaching our objective, I don’t know what would happen.”

The former Monaco boss is increasingly unpopular both within the squad and with the fans following a dip in form recently, even though Juve still lead the Serie B table. There are also tactical disagreements with Nedved.

“I try to enjoy myself on the field, but it is not always possible. I like playing in a more central position, but against such closed off defences it is tough to find space, so the Coach sends me out wide.”

Some players are staying away from interviews with the media, raising further suspicions.

“Everyone thinks with their own mind, but I don’t believe it is right to expect players to talk all the time. They have to focus on what’s happening on the field and I get the feeling we are all a little tired of being asked about nothing but transfer gossip.”

Nedved was one of the stars who elected to stay in Turin even after the summer demotion, but his permanence depends on their ability to create a strong squad for next season – boosted by the £71m increase in capital this week.

“I am happy with what the club has done. It is a sign that the owners are close to this side and really care about Juventus, so when it was announced the players all joined in a spontaneous round of applause.

“As for my future, there is time to decide. Right now we must concentrate on playing well and getting back into Serie A. Our objectives for this season have not changed, as we have to keep our heads down and maintain our momentum.”

Nedved had suggested he was going to retire after the 2006 World Cup, but stayed on another year to help Juve. What will he do next term?

“Every end of season I look at the pros and cons. Up until now the positive aspects have always had the upper hand, like my desire to play football and the motivation to improve. I still have another year on my contract and want to do everything I can to respect it,” explained the 35-year-old.

“I am happy to hear that I am considered an example, especially if the Coach is the one saying it. I am the oldest in this squad and feel it is my duty to help the youngsters grow and find the right path to their objectives.”
hey snoopy....

looks like the players feel the same as I, and many other intelligent posters here do

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
in DD's defense(why Mark why? :D) Serie B is a more closed catenaccio style league than Serie A. To adapt fully we should have sold every player and bought 25 Giannichedda's. Our current roster is filled with talent so we have trouble against the teams that play with 10 guys in defense. It doesn't help also that each team we play against find some motivation and a boost of energy when they play La Vecchia Signora,you don't have an adrenaline rush when you play Albinoleffe. I mean, who's gonna remember Ricchiuti and Serafini apart from their families and 2-3 fans?

When we play teams that are open we crush them. (Piacenza?)

The thing I don't like about DD is the miss-use of subs(Bojinov and the timing).

I'll give DD the 1st 10 games of serie A and if we fail miserably then welcome Lippi, Mazzarri, Rossi or another top coach.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
:rofl::rofl:

well if thats the case then i guess we better get ready for C :p
:D

Serie B is for players like him, in Italian they call them Zappatori. That's one of the reason we can't express all the talent we have because they keep hacking at our players and we're not used to play vs hard working guys that never take the foot off the pedal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)