Didier Deschamps (9 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
its the coach's job to motivate them, unfortunately he doesnt seem to have the ability to do it, hes not good enough at the moment, he should have been appointed manager in 7-10 years IF he'd won anything
I can mention just one example:

Lippi never won any title before coaching Juve, and his greatest achievement was leading Napoli to qualify to Uefa Cup...

Deschamps could lead Monaco to the final of the Champions League...

So, Juve appoints the good material of the coaches & players, not the previous winners like Real Madrid...

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
It's not about being satisfied, Jem...

I respect all those who are satisfied or not satisfied with the performance and the result, but it's really boring to see the same people who were praised in the first half of the match being insulted by dirty words in the second half...

Everybody can criticize any coach, player or anybody else, but to insult the whole team is a childish act, don't you agree??

Sateeh, who are those in your avatar??
Melbourne Victory(its a team) players, playing the grand final next week :D

its the coach's job to motivate them, unfortunately he doesnt seem to have the ability to do it, hes not good enough at the moment, he should have been appointed manager in 7-10 years IF he'd won anything
like rebel said
and 10 years ago he was a player.

also watever the coach says or does the level of concentration between the players during games cannot be controlled by the coach.He could motivate them and that could provide inspiration for a bit but still considering the environment, he could do so much.

as i said he has some tactical choices but imo motivation would be the challenge.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
To give a fair opinion about Monsieur Deschamps, we should wait till the end of not only the current season but also till the end of the next transfer market; the summer. We shouldn't forget that he bought no new players to that squad and he was confused until the end of the last summer whether we'd return back to Serie A or not. So, there were no new buys. The only thing that we can spot in him is his tactics and the adaptation of the players to their positions. Regarding the last two points, I think that he is doing well.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004

Lippi never won any title before coaching Juve, and his greatest achievement was leading Napoli to qualify to Uefa Cup...

So, Juve appoints the good material of the coaches & players, not the previous winners like Real Madrid...
I dont think you can compare the two, lippi is a one off, if you want to play that game : Ancelotti

you cant justify DD by using lippi, DD is no where near lippi and never will be imo

and i think if the coach has any charisma about him then the players will stay motivated, he is responsible for the performances and results, bottom line i dont like DD, he was a last resort because no1 else wanted the job, i hope he doesnt get an extention

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I dont think you can compare the two, lippi is a one off, if you want to play that game : Ancelotti

you cant justify DD by using lippi, DD is no where near lippi and never will be imo

and i think if the coach has any charisma about him then the players will stay motivated, he is responsible for the performances and results, bottom line i dont like DD, he was a last resort because no1 else wanted the job, i hope he doesnt get an extention
I'm no.1 Lippi fan, but who knows?

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006

:agree: :tup:

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
give DD time, wait and see what kind of squad he builds for next year.
this year juve are under-strength and a big scalp for any team to play. motivation could be a problem as these are guys used to winning titles, playing in champions leagues and winning world cups, so yes, motivating them may be a problem but FFS give didi a chance to show his worth in serie a.
if he buys players that have no impact, if we are laclustre on our return to serie a, if we fail to qualify for europe then yes we can call for his departure but lets get some perspective guys, its all about promotion. how we get there is neither here nor there as long as we are back with the big boys next year

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
this year juve are under-strength and a big scalp for any team to play. motivation could be a problem as these are guys used to winning titles, playing in champions leagues and winning world cups, so yes, motivating them may be a problem but FFS give didi a chance to show his worth in serie a.
if he buys players that have no impact, if we are laclustre on our return to serie a, if we fail to qualify for europe then yes we can call for his departure but lets get some perspective guys, its all about promotion. how we get there is neither here nor there as long as we are back with the big boys next year
big boys?

no big boys up there, just totti, ronaldo and zlatan!!!

let's kill'em :ferocious

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
...I respect all those who are satisfied or not satisfied with the performance and the result, but it's really boring to see the same people who were praised in the first half of the match being insulted by dirty words in the second half...
Well said.

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006

i agree ... but that wasn't entirely true in the capello era

people always complain... but these are the problems that occur in a younger new squad and its better to deal with these kind of problems here than seira A.

said that, i see that DD can do a better job in distributing the physical pressure through out the match and maintain focus.

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
Well said Boz, but we really could have helped him help us by buying a decent CB in January. Surely he begged & pleaded for this with Secco? We have the worlds greatest ever goalkeeper being forced to play behind the worlds most injury-hit defensive unit ever! It would have given the player - Barzagli for instance - time to settle in, get used to our pattern of play & the new surroundings. 2nd of all, OUR DEFENCE IS DIABOLICAL!!!!!!

Really annoyed at our new boards failure to act on this. Secco is a pussy (sure I need to give someone here credit for that line but can't remember who, thanks anyways!)Bring back Moggi!!!! :agree: You know it makes sense!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Let's see ... we're in first place, his presence helped keep us from hemorrhaging a few top-notch players, and we've earned more points on the pitch than anyone in B. Sounds like its time to have his head on a platter alright. :lol:

With Inter winning now, someone has to be the king of desperately changing things at the first incling of trouble...

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I hope the next match vs Crotone, when one of our boys score (preferebly Alex or Nedved) he goes to DiDi and celebrates the goal with him ;)
That'd be priceless...

PS or even better Bojinov :eyebrows:

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
I hope the next match vs Crotone, when one of our boys score (preferebly Alex or Nedved) he goes to DiDi and celebrates the goal with him ;)
That'd be priceless...

:agree: Absolutely would. He's doing a top job in extremely difficult circumstances. He held us together through the most turbulent summer in our history. Just wish that muppet Secco was half as good at his job as DiDi.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I'm not calling for his head but I have doubts whether he's the right man for Serie-A. We need a serious badass. SAF is a badass. Lippi is a badass. And EVEN THOUGH I hate Capello, no one can deny the fact that he's a mean son of a bitch. I'm sorry guys but this is what you need to win. Sentimentality and being satisfied is for clubs like Torino and Napoli. If Didi can toughen up and smack the players around a bit instead of making stupid tactical mistakes and saying afterwards "It's the players fault and I'll talk to them on Monday" - then maybe just maybe he will have me convinced. But as of now I'm not convinced.

Yes, we've done well in the league, but we also have the best players by far. What worries me is that we've made some mistakes this season which we haven't learned from, and overall we haven't been playing very well.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I'm not calling for his head but I have doubts whether he's the right man for Serie-A. We need a serious badass. SAF is a badass. Lippi is a badass. And EVEN THOUGH I hate Capello, no one can deny the fact that he's a mean son of a bitch. I'm sorry guys but this is what you need to win. Sentimentality and being satisfied is for clubs like Torino and Napoli. If Didi can toughen up and smack the players around a bit instead of making stupid tactical mistakes and saying afterwards "It's the players fault and I'll talk to them on Monday" - then maybe just maybe he will have me convinced. But as of now I'm not convinced.

Yes, we've done well in the league, but we also have the best players by far. What worries me is that we've made some mistakes this season which we haven't learned from, and overall we haven't been playing very well.
im a badass, and juventico seems to have his seal of approval for being manager of the nazionale, let alone juve :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)