Didier Deschamps (29 Viewers)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Lets not put all the blame on Deschamps. We have a problem, we have no quality CBs. Actually when you think about it we are better off not playing with with any.

We were leading 2-0 till the moment Chiellini left the ground for a CB (Legro). Results --> 2-2 with two assists from Legro. Couldn't do a simple job, put pressure on the player with the ball (let alone mark him).

But hey, lets give legro a break, he has just came out of a long injury. What about Boumsong? Does the match against Arezzo ring a bell? Leadiong 2-0 till the last 5 min, Boumsong decideds to fuck things up.. Match ends 2-2.
I am not worried alot about our teams offensive abilities. But I am worried about our deffensive abilities, heck, we have none.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
In Boumsongs case though, he is Deschamps player. He chose to bring in what everyone knew was an incompetent cb.

Jul 23, 2006
Juventus Coach Didier Deschamps’ position at the helm of the Turin club is in peril after the team’s latest disappointing results.

The Bianconeri jointly lead the Serie B table with 40 points, alongside Napoli, but were once again held to a draw on Saturday after throwing away a commanding lead against Vicenza.

According to Turin-based newspaper Tuttosport, the club has no intention of changing tactician before the end of the season, but also needs to understand if the Frenchman is the right man to guide the side on their likely return to Serie A.

The dressing room has allegedly lost its trust in Deschamps and several players are against the Coach, including David Trezeguet, Mauro Camoranesi, Valeri Bojinov, Marcelo Zalayeta, Jonathan Zebina and Claudio Marchisio.

The former Monaco boss is aware of the situation and has already admitted that he felt under examination a few weeks ago, after the draw with Spezia.

Deschamps, whose side was plagued by injuries in defence, is not happy with his players’ attitude and is expected to speak to his men on Monday in what promises to be a heated confrontation.

After the Christmas break, Juventus have in fact earned only eight points in five matches and this kind of run might prevent them from achieving automatic promotion at the end of the term.

The Juve supporters are also criticising the Coach and would favour Marcello Lippi’s sensational return to the bench, a rumour that has not been denied by the former World Cup-winning Azzurri boss.

Meanwhile, Croatian defender Igor Tudor has ended his eight-year spell with Juventus, agreeing to mutually terminate his contract with the Bianconeri.

Igor Tudor left the club??

Nyways, Deschamps is in trouble after the latest string of results

Feb 7, 2007
only if MARCELLO LIPPI will want to sign for juve as a coach i will accept didie's departure .... lippi is the best in the world imo no one can disagree with that and no one can say bad things for him i love lippi as i love juve and italy forza bianconeri

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
HE's in some trouble. 8 points in 5 games in Serie B is BAAAD results guys. We've had some big defensive problems lately, now the 800 grand euro for Gygera might seem not so big afterall.

Guardian

Dec 28, 2005
Ok let's see how great DD is:

Transfer policy:
Ok I admit DD's opportunities were limited, but with the less available money he brought who? - Boumsong for approximately 5M euro. I can name you at least 5 players who could be more useful for that price and who would agree to join juve. He hadn't real plan or any transfer strategy - that's why there's a mess in the current squad - 5 forwards and lack of solid defenders and central midfielders. Plus at the moment we need a manager who knows the transfer market very well, who has the right knowledges about youth italian and european football and who could bring in good players for lower price. I really doubt that DD has such knowledges.

Team management: The games with Spezia, Vicenza and Arezzo should ring the alarming bell for all. I do not expect to win all games in Serie B of course. Don't get me wrong, but at most times Juve win their games thanks to skillful players like Nedved, Del Piero, Trez, Buffon, Chiellini, Camo, Pala and so on and not thanks to DD. Name me at least one serie B team that have such players. DD's job is to keep the players motivated, to field the right starters and to make the right substitutions. Usually his decisions are too late and I think it's obvious for all of us that he cannot take the control of the game. I seriously doubt that any young player would improve under Didier. And we don't have any specific playing style at all. DD just run 11 players and that's it.

Future: I'm sure that Juve will return to Serie A. And I'm sure that if DD stays for one more season, you'll all realize that DD is not the right man for Juve and there will be only one opinion on him: a negative one

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
@Guardian, I think that you are a little bit harsh in your judgement regarding Monsieur Deschamps' policies. I said it before, we have to wait not only till the end of the current season but also till the end of August, so we can give a fair opinion about his transfers in and out the team. Also, his management will be more clearer with time, he has been in charge less than one season. We have to be more patient, I think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)