Di Vaio: My Man! (1 Viewer)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
when Dp is fit enough to run for 90 minute all this rotation bullshit will end..

hmm... sometimes i think its not very good to have a certain icon in teams... especially when he is not a guranteed consistent one..:undecide:

*:nervous: ..err..guys.. please be kind and not bash me that hard will ya ..:nervous: *

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
when Dp is fit enough to run for 90 minute all this rotation bullshit will end..

hmm... sometimes i think its not very good to have a certain icon in teams... especially when he is not a guranteed consistent one..:undecide:

*:nervous: ..err..guys.. please be kind and not bash me that hard will ya ..:nervous: *
Rotation Bullshit?? :fero:

Come on, its better in that way... and i hope that when DP returns... Lippi will still maintain the rotations. (Obviously not so frequently because del piero is there but..)

OP
Primo

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #46
    Well, he still is playing better. With that kind of form, Lippi would almost be forced to insert him more to the starting line up.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++
    Well, he still is playing better. With that kind of form, Lippi would almost be forced to insert him more to the starting line up.
    Very true... and dont forget Miccoli!

Hey today Miccoli showed some classy moves against Brescia....

In one oportunity he tried to do a cross, crossing his right foot behind his left foot and kicking the ball up!!. Sadly it ended in nothing.

Hey but this guy is very good!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
    In one oportunity he tried to do a cross, crossing his right foot behind his left foot and kicking the ball up!!. Sadly it ended in nothing.
    That is such a stupid move! :groan: Just because it's POSSIBLE yet HARD to do it doesn't mean it's a great move, it looks silly and it doesn't accomplish anything.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    I like that move :stuckup:
    At least its fancy when done rightly ;)

I have seen players doing it with class!. But i dont remember which players.

When DP returns... he will play some minutes in the first game, in the second , a half and maybe more.. and after that he will be a starter again.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
    I like that move :stuckup:
    At least its fancy when done rightly ;)

I have seen players doing it with class!. But i dont remember which players.

When DP returns... he will play some minutes in the first game, in the second , a half and maybe more.. and after that he will be a starter again.
    Kewell used to do it to make a cross from near post.. but a totally free Viduka cannot head it in at the far post...

Veron used to do it also...but that was only from a safe sitiation to a safe situatuion, no big deal.....

maybe there were more.. but i cannot remember....

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
    I remember that last year when DP was injured we won all the games in Serie A. That was the period where Nedved found his form. We played several small teams but the most memorable win during DP's absence was the 3-0 against Inter.

As far as rotation goes, we should keep playing all the strikers like we are now so that they all stay in form. And DP should be a part of that rotation as well.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    Rotating strikers isn't a bad idea because if one of them would be left out for a long period and then suddenly needed due to injuries to other players then he would be rusty and probably not as fit as the usual starter .. But with squad rotation everyone gets his chance and all players are kept on their toes, waiting for their moment to shine ..

I read sometime ago that di Vaio was actually happy with Lippi's rotation and that's a good sign ..

By the way, I'm starting to feel the Neddy and Di Vaio has become best friends, they like celebrating goals together ;)

Other 'couples' : Trezegol and Camo .. Del Piero and Zambro .. Tacchi and Appiah ? .. Montero and Ferrara :)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    With his good form he could've demanded a first team start especially that Del Piero is injured and he has been very patient in the past season .. but it's good that he's Ok with it and respects Lippi's choices ..

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    i really think it will be better for Del Piero and the team if he dont stand above the rotation system.. but the reality is he do.. and even an on form Di vaio still have to give in to a fit Del Piero...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Yes, we all now that DP will be starter is most of he matches when fit.. after all, he is our captain....

but what i dont want is what lippi did last year... to forgot divaio in the benches...

now matters are worst because w ehave divaio and miccoli. both very good players who need time in the pitch and need to feel confortably to perform. Both, Miccoli and DV hates to be benched.

I just hope that this rotation will coninue... maybe it will not be the same,,, but they need to continue playng.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    the thing is both Del Piero and Trezeguet have their own special quality to downgrade rotation system into just another substitution system...:undecide:

oh well... what DP cant give indivually will be cover up by the team moral collectively...he is the club captain after all.. not really fair to DV though..

gigi's twin

Mar 5, 2003
    Yeah, I agree with you! Lippi should follow the rotation system, but as Alex is the captain and the fav of the fans and very good in the same time, he won't be left out for sure. Lippi will be in a hard situation to decide who should start, as Miccoli and Marco play also very well nowadays! And we mustn't forget about Trez!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)