Di Vaio: My Man! (1 Viewer)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I think that Lippi will be literally forced to play Di Vaio in some games,,, even like a sub in the second half.

Im hoping that Lippi will continue with his rotations.

About the last season´s Di Vaio.... Yeah-... he started very well... but when trezeguet returned from his injury, divaio was forgotten in the benches...and he drastically lost form...form the second half of the season.

In the matches..Lippi prefered 1000 times zalayeta over divaio,,, and he was in some way right...because divaio was REALLY out of form..and i think that everyone remembers the lot of chances he missed when entered the pitch.

Anyway..... in the scudetto game... when he scored that goal , i saw the old divaio.....and in that moment i though that he deserved another chance!!!.....and sansae!!! he turned crazy in the pre-season and see him now!!.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 28, 2002
well i think that lippi should play di vaio instead of trez. why cant he be a striker? because he cant dribble and hold ball? at least his scoring abilities are better than trez's

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
well i think that lippi should play di vaio instead of trez. why cant he be a striker? because he cant dribble and hold ball? at least his scoring abilities are better than trez's
Like we did when trez was injured in the beggining of last season....

divaio scored som header goals... The only problem with him is his height... but he surpasses trez in all the other factors... maybe both are levelled in definition.. but IMO divaio have a hand against him. At least divaio can dribble past his opponents with speedy moves....but trez just cant dribble.Del Piero dribbles with his techs and skills... and with the speed and current form of divaio.. i think they can do even more.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++

Like we did when trez was injured in the beggining of last season....

divaio scored som header goals... The only problem with him is his height... but he surpasses trez in all the other factors... maybe both are levelled in definition.. but IMO divaio have a hand against him. At least divaio can dribble past his opponents with speedy moves....but trez just cant dribble.Del Piero dribbles with his techs and skills... and with the speed and current form of divaio.. i think they can do even more.
Yeah man, with Del Pieros flair and Di Vaios amazing pace and power, they can form a great partnership. IMO, even greater than trez\dp parternship or any other parternship in juve. If Miccoli and DV did well together, no doubt DV\DP will be GREAT!

Aug 1, 2003
but trez-DV seems to be working really well, i dont think trez should be dropped. again i shall mention that i just simply love his finishing.

what i think lippi would do is probably play trez-dp, then trez-dv, then dv-miccoli maybe then dp-whoever or something like that. lippi cant go on playing the same players for each match, they'll die of exhaustion so lippi is bound to play dv or miccoli

and thank god he has decided to pick dv over zalayeta, tho i pity the guy...

Aug 27, 2003
Di viao was always known to be an ace, you know he is sweet nd he really isnt like may players, he is really glad to see del piero back i mean he is so happy and del piero will tak ehis palce..he didnt score his hat-trick and he said i like the way lippi gives everyone a chance, he has done so much with parma and now with juventus wish him the best of luck!!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Well, today against udinese divaio did it again!!!

Good job for marco!!!! 2 goals that changed the game completely!!!

Forza Juve!! :thumb:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
11/10/2003. Italian international striker Marco Di Vaio admitted that his confidence is sky-high after he followed up his glorious equalizer against Milan with a pair of pivotal goals during Juve's 4-1 win over Udinese on Sunday.

"I'm going through the best form of my career," beamed the former Parma striker. "I can feel my team mates have more confidence in me."

With seven goals to his name already this season, Di Vaio only trails Milan's Andriy Shevchenko in the race for the Serie A scoring-crown.

"I've never denied that it would be important to score. For a striker, goals are everything, but I never felt I had anything to prove to anyone, he continued in an interview for Centrocampo.

"The challenge was always with myself and I'm winning it now and demonstrating that I deserve my place in this team."

Soccerage.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My god,, this are the wisest words i have ever heard in a while.

You know that this was the exact problem he had in the second half of past season.
Every time Di Vaio entered the pitch.. you could even feel his insecurity. That was proven when he missed all those easy goals in front of the keeper. When Trez and Del Piero were shits.. Lippi used him,, and he was even worse,,, worse in the way that we just needed to use zalayeta instead.

As i said before... "for my" everyhting changed in that goal in the scudetto game... the way he dribbled those defenders and scored.... it showed a lot of confidence in himself... that make you say "wow". I dont know... it was like an outburst of frustation u know... he was like "holy shit i have to score now for god´s sake".

Then.. we continued feeling that in the Pre-season and look at him now!!!.

Like he said... he was fighting against his own demons...and now he is a new man!!.

Forza DI VAIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
to be honest i am extremly happy that DV has finally found his feet at juventus, the guy was pretty good at parma and when we first purchased him i was happy about that decision as at that time we needed pace in our attack. it did take him a while to find his best form as now he is our top striker in the competition (serie a)

but IMO i think trezeguet should not be dropped. DV, DP and even miccoli's style of play involves holding the ball out of the box and moving forward. having trezeguet in the box helps even if he doesn't do anything as he drags defenders towards him and frees space for whoever his striking partner is. he also gives an option with his good positioning. trezeguet is not a dribbler but he is an excellent finisher. even sometimes when in an entire game he doesn't touch the ball he always manages to create havoc in the penalty area when he gets the ball. on our player's current form i would suggest a striking partner between DV and trezeguet where we would have SPEED and FINISHING. i realy feel sorry for lippi, he has 4 excellent strikers and right now they all seem to be in good form (DP before the injury)

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
"I can feel my team mates have more confidence in me."
you mean his teammates didnt have confidence in him before this? :eek:

i dont think trez will be dropped, but i dont like the idea of dv playing instead of dp. i wish we would have all three (or four including miccoli :p) in the team :down:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Imagine Di Vaio being the top sorer at the end of the season... and he was playgin in most of the games like a sub :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)