Delle Alpi to be restructured (10 Viewers)

Which option for the delle Alpi: Restore or Rebuild?

• Restore = Pisanu/UEFA compliance, 50k seats, same structure, same stands-to-pitch gap

• Rebuild = 40k seats for brand-spanking new park socking us into debt. (Costs 10x+ more than Restore)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
That is not too far, however we should bulit smaller stadium without running track. I always liked stadiums like Highbury where 30 000 spectators are making an atmosphere like there is 120 000 spectators (okay, I'm a little bit exaggerating)

metalhead

Sep 23, 2005
30/71...thats not too great
Yeah you're right but there are the running tracks that makes people hate the stadium plus areas where fans are not allowed in either because of safty reasons or bad view. The Delli Alpi can only take in a max 60,000 out of 70,000 after WC90.

So I think with a re built delli Alpi with better facilities and no track, I think we can increase the average by 15,000 to 25,000.

Geof

May 14, 2004
In an interview with La Stampa, Blanc said the stadium will be the topic of the next board meeting.

The club is now owner of the stadium so anything is possible, from a mere upgrade to a whole new stadium...

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
In an interview with La Stampa, Blanc said the stadium will be the topic of the next board meeting.

The club is now owner of the stadium so anything is possible, from a mere upgrade to a whole new stadium...
Juventus general manager Jean Claude Blanc has told a shareholder meeting that a decision on whether the club should return to a rebuilt Stadio delle Alpi or construct a new stadium will be made by the end of November.

Reuters

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Two Sundays ago I was in Torino and was among the first of the public who went into the newly restored La Venaria Reale, on the outskirts of Torino. I got there from downtown Torino by taking one of the dedicated GTT buses with limited stops -- the last stop before La Venaria Reale being North Stadio delle Alpi.

Passing by the hulking, desolate stadium was a mixed feeling. Some great memories and history there, even if they were only since the 1990 World Cup. But at the same time, it is in an isolated and relatively lonely place. If they were to revive it, a smart (if not impossible) move would be to work with the GTT to see if they could extend a line of the brand new Torino subway out that way. Perhaps to Venaria Reale is too far, but the delle Alpi definitely could use better and more convenient public access.

wot so the stadium will be a lot bigger?
Why? So it could look even more empty for matches? :confused2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)