Delle Alpi to be restructured (6 Viewers)

Which option for the delle Alpi: Restore or Rebuild?

• Restore = Pisanu/UEFA compliance, 50k seats, same structure, same stands-to-pitch gap

• Rebuild = 40k seats for brand-spanking new park socking us into debt. (Costs 10x+ more than Restore)

Results are only viewable after voting.

soulslider

Rregula sound
May 16, 2006
The problem is that we dont have a big fan base in Turin, so except the games with Milano teams, I cant see Juve fans filling 50k seat stadium!
I understand that , but if you look at it that way then we should have a 15 k stadium.
Juve is big club and we need a bigger stadium, I'm not saying 60-70k, but under 50k certainly not.
If a club like Dinamo Z. will have a 50k stadium and they have a much smaller attendance then Juve, then we also should have a stadium that shows were a big club.

Buy on AliExpress.com

David01

Aug 20, 2006
:agree:

You have a point here...
You are from Germany right? I'm sure there was an increase in fans after the WC when all those new arenas were built. I believe Germany now has the highest average attendency in Europe. I"m not saying we should build 90000seats but we can raise the conditions so that our fans have a better view and have more comfort. I would say 50000 stadium without the track.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
You are from Germany right? I'm sure there was an increase in fans after the WC when all those new arenas were built. I believe Germany now has the highest average attendency in Europe. I"m not saying we should build 90000seats but we can raise the conditions so that our fans have a better view and have more comfort. I would say 50000 stadium without the track.
Germany up to 2005 had one of the highest, if not the highest, attendance rates in Europe. Brossia Dortmunds attendance rates were phenomenal!

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
I understand that , but if you look at it that way then we should have a 15 k stadium.
Juve is big club and we need a bigger stadium, I'm not saying 60-70k, but under 50k certainly not.
If a club like Dinamo Z. will have a 50k stadium and they have a much smaller attendance then Juve, then we also should have a stadium that shows were a big club.
I dont know about Dinamo.Z fan base, but I also would like to have a big stadium, as after calciopoli we have more support from people i think.

I live in Germany, though Im not German. true after the world cup, there was an increase in attendance ratio of Bundesliga games. In Stuttgart they had from 40-50 thousand spectators in each game. I also remember I read somewhere that Dortmund have the 2nd highest attendance rate in Europe...
I hope we'll have a modern stadium which attracts more people to Juve games.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
The thing is that juve's stadium in previous years were always half empty , the attendance was always from 20 to 30 thousand , so 40 thousand right now seems like a very good choice .
Arsenal's highbury was small too ( 40 , 000 ) and it had one of the top 5 atmospheres in all of europe . many players have said so .

maybe with exception of the milan-inter games , even a 40 , 000 stadium probably won't be packed .

David01

Aug 20, 2006
Germany up to 2005 had one of the highest, if not the highest, attendance rates in Europe. Brossia Dortmunds attendance rates were phenomenal!
I know and their football sucks but they play in perfect concitions. We should build a new stadium with the best environment. No track, close to the pitch, safe and possibly a retracktable roof or pitch so we can organise other activities when there is no game scheduled. I'm thinking of restaurants, bars, cinema, museum of our history, shops.... we can attract more families. On match day we can support the fans in creating a great athmosphere to make Delle Alpi living hell to our opponenents.
All this will help our players as it is easier if they feel the crowd pushing them forward.

soulslider

Rregula sound
May 16, 2006
I dont know about Dinamo.Z fan base, but I also would like to have a big stadium, as after calciopoli we have more support from people i think.
Their current stadium has a capacity of around 30k. When they play against smaller teams the attendance varies from 2000-10000 max, only when they play against Haduk Split they have 20-25k and thats twice a year.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
You want fanfilled stadium with atmosphere you go here to Gelora Bung Karno stadium, nothing in europe tops the attendances and atmosphere.

But for Delle Alpi, 50.000 is sufficient, we are removing the running tracks and I hope that does wonders for us, with closer seating to the pitch, the crowd should get into the game more and thus enhance live game experience.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
At the end of the press conference Blanc mentioned the Delle Alpi Stadium situation: “When the Board of Directors meets in August we will submit our plan. There are different possibilities, but the one we're more interested in also happens to be the most ambitious one, that is to rebuild the Stadium entirely, making it the best one in Italy”.

I love this option.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Juventus signs stadium deal with city of Turin

Juventus Football Club SpA said it has signed with the city of Turin an agreement allowing it to define a project to develop the Turin-based Delle Alpi stadium and its surrounding commercial areas.

"The agreement is an important step for our strategies. The stadium represents a key element in the future development of Juventus," said the club's chief executive Jean-Claude Blanc.

The stadium is owned by the Turin municipality.

Interactive Investor

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
Back to what at a new Delle Alpi? I have many videos of Juve's games from the 1990's which clearly show large crowds at games. Juve could expect an average gate of 55,000, going up to over 75,000 for Milan, Inter, & prestige Champion's League matches. Gates of 35 - 40,000 were common for visiting smaller clubs. Latterly in the Delle Alpi, as we know, attendances of around 10,000 were not uncommon, & the stadium was falling into disrepair. What changed from the 1990's? Even then many of Juve's fans did not live in Torino. Sadly, ever increasing ticket prices, & tv football ( Sky Italia & Mediaset subscriptions & PPV in Italy are not nearly as OTT as say BSkyB ) must take much of the blame. It's happening in France & Germany too...

mondo1

May 14, 2006
Back to what at a new Delle Alpi? I have many videos of Juve's games from the 1990's which clearly show large crowds at games. Juve could expect an average gate of 55,000, going up to over 75,000 for Milan, Inter, & prestige Champion's League matches. Gates of 35 - 40,000 were common for visiting smaller clubs. Latterly in the Delle Alpi, as we know, attendances of around 10,000 were not uncommon, & the stadium was falling into disrepair. What changed from the 1990's? Even then many of Juve's fans did not live in Torino. Sadly, ever increasing ticket prices, & tv football ( Sky Italia & Mediaset subscriptions & PPV in Italy are not nearly as OTT as say BSkyB ) must take much of the blame. It's happening in France & Germany too...
i really don't see this happening in germany
for juve i think it's the bad view and the stadium is far from the city.
maybe it was better in the early 90s because the della alpi was new...
and the ticket prices are very high also the tv broadcast is very good and much people look football in tv...and in turino we haven't that much fans

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
i think it's the bad view and the stadium is far from the city.
That is certainly part of it, but TV in Italia is a lot more reasonably priced & to take a package of all Juve's games doesn't require you to take out a bank loan! BSkyB in the UK is...I won't even say!

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
That is certainly part of it, but TV in Italia is a lot more reasonably priced & to take a package of all Juve's games doesn't require you to take out a bank loan! BSkyB in the UK is...I won't even say!
How much does a ticket to Juve game cost usually?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)