Delle Alpi to be restructured (4 Viewers)

Which option for the delle Alpi: Restore or Rebuild?

• Restore = Pisanu/UEFA compliance, 50k seats, same structure, same stands-to-pitch gap

• Rebuild = 40k seats for brand-spanking new park socking us into debt. (Costs 10x+ more than Restore)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Aug 30, 2006
Two Sundays ago I was in Torino and was among the first of the public who went into the newly restored La Venaria Reale, on the outskirts of Torino. I got there from downtown Torino by taking one of the dedicated GTT buses with limited stops -- the last stop before La Venaria Reale being North Stadio delle Alpi.

Passing by the hulking, desolate stadium was a mixed feeling. Some great memories and history there, even if they were only since the 1990 World Cup. But at the same time, it is in an isolated and relatively lonely place. If they were to revive it, a smart (if not impossible) move would be to work with the GTT to see if they could extend a line of the brand new Torino subway out that way. Perhaps to Venaria Reale is too far, but the delle Alpi definitely could use better and more convenient public access.

Why? So it could look even more empty for matches? :confused2
true but maybe more people would go?? most proboly not actually

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
true but maybe more people would go?? most proboly not actually
Every club in the world may as well make their stadiums bigger than Rio's Maracanã if that's all it takes to get people to go fill it.

I know there's a tendency for people to have a rather childish and overly simplistic attitude of, "We should have a bigger and bigger stadium and be the biggest club in the world! blah blah blah". But life doesn't work that way.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
yea...the old Delle Alpi was huge but had no atmosphere...and small grounds like Highbury would always have an electric atmopshphere

Aug 30, 2006
we seem to be the biggest club in italy but why cant we fill up the stadium? if you go to romas stadium all you can hear are the roma fans. i belive the secret to winnin is to have a great atmosphere from your fans

Geof

May 14, 2004
The Italian state agreed on a Public private partnership (PPP) to fund the new stadium project. It is understood we would get around 20M € to help us build the first privately built stadium in Italy.
Apparently, the government sees modern private stadiums as a good answer against recent tifosi violence, taking England as an example.

During the recent board meeting, some different plans have been examined. Apparently the board is quite ambitious and would not just modernise the current Delle Alpi.
A deal with a big sponsor holding the name of the stadium is considered, as other clubs (Bayern, Dortmund, Arsenal,...) have been able to net 4-6M € a season for their deals.

Total cost of the stadium is believed to be between 50 and 120 M € (a particular project has not been chosen).

20 M - state
50 M - 10 year sponsorship deal
15 M - leasing commercial space
15 M - Own funds
+_____
100M

Seems doable.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Juve prepare stadium plans

Juventus President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli has promised that the Bianconeri will announce the plans for their new stadium within the next six weeks.

The Old Lady are currently sharing the Stadio Olimpico - which played host to last year’s Winter Olympics - with city rivals Torino.

“We are working towards a new stadium and a decision will be made in a month or maybe a month and a half,” Cobolli Gigli told the Juventus Channel.

“We will have a new home and it will be a stadium only for the Bianconeri, which will contain action, sporting and non-sporting, seven days a week.”

The Cadetti champions are in third place after returning to the top flight this term and the mood at the club is positive.

“The Coach and the technical staff are still looking to get the best out of the squad, but in the meantime we are getting excellent results anyway,” the Juve chief beamed.

“We are still to show the true strength of this squad because the new players are settling in with the old faces and the young talents.

“If it weren’t for some dubious refereeing decisions we would be very close to Inter.

“In any case we are at the top and we have the advantage of not playing in any Cup competitions.”

channel 4

Pingo

Oct 31, 2007
20 M - state
50 M - 10 year sponsorship deal
15 M - leasing commercial space
15 M - Own funds
+_____
100M

Seems doable.
That estimate is what Giraudo had in mind for new stadio... About 100m€ if this was true, that will be great...:tup:

I'll put in 40.000k seats (capacity), that's 30.oook less then Delle Alpis capacity (71.000k)... That would make great atmosphere from the fans...if u bild it in acoustical way more compact... Well i think 40k would me enough for the city of Torino (with population around 900k, we're not Milano-1.4m)...we would be the first team that has new stadion in whole Italy... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)