Del Piero: a hero or a choker? (1 Viewer)

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003
ur blaming Nedved for getting booked??? did u not see Mcmanaman??? He dived a f**king mile!!!

And besides maybe his bookings just show his determination.

I am in no means saying DP is bad all im saying is that LATELY he has been under-performing in the Big Games. Maybe because he is tightly marked ,I dunno

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Del Piero has been made out to be more than he is and I for one have bought into that. And then we get disappointed when he doesn't live up to our high expectations. Well that's just how it is.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Del Piero has been made out to be more than he is and I for one have bought into that. And then we get disappointed when he doesn't live up to our high expectations. Well that's just how it is.
Actually I Can put it better, Del Piero is an unlucky player, where luck plays against him all the time.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Oh, but there are far more sides to that story, it all depends on the perspective.

Young player with a bunch of promise, made out to be more than he is. And the talent is evident, but then you have lots of talented players never making it big. So he was lucky in the first place to be chosen and get his big break. Then he was unlucky to get injured when it mattered the most. Then his luck was still running and he got plenty of time to rehabilitate (like Ronaldo) without an immediate demand towards performance. Then he was unlucky slash inable to perform a number of times on big stages.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
I guess if he wasn't injured when it mattered most, we would have seen a totaly different player. a player who would have rocked the whole world. but he was just unlucky to get injured then. I agree he did get the chance to totaly rehabilitate and regain his form, but i think what was broken can't be restored and fixed, his injury duration was too long. I believe his under performance on big stage was due to some mental problems.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
That's right, he lacks the mentality of a total superstar. Maybe he's too nice, too humble for it, maybe it's just too much of a stretch from his personality. Whatever the reason, that's been the difference between winning a bunch more trophies and individual titles as opposed to what he has accomplished.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #50
    ... and because of that tends to be invisible in big games, or as I would say, it choke under pressure.

There, we agreed :)

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #52
    No. I'm just saying:

I was right and you were wrong, I was right and you were wrong :p

:D ;)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    Nah, i wasn't wrong who told you that :groan:
    you are the one who steped back from the argument and said everyone is entitled to his opinion. didn't you :p

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Well those that saw today's game probably noticed how DP can make some really great moves as a world class player, and the next moment loses the ball or does something silly like an amateur player would. Proves his inconsistancy and that he has talent but not always used properly.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #55
    ++ [ originally posted by Aragorn ] ++
    Nah, i wasn't wrong who told you that :groan:
    you are the one who steped back from the argument and said everyone is entitled to his opinion. didn't you :p
    I didnt step back. I made my arguments, which were, quite franky, better than yours. If we were at court I would win :p

;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
    Del Piero is niether a hero nor a choker. No one seriously expects him to show up for big matches anymore, so when he manages to not suck entirely, it's a pleasant surprise, but he's not the hero. And, if he dissapears of even drags the team down, it's almost expected at this point, no big deal.
    But how much would he have had to choke in order for everyone to lose faith in him like that...

How sad... :down:

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by G_O_A_T ] ++

I didnt step back. I made my arguments, which were, quite franky, better than yours. If we were at court I would win :p

;)
    Keep Dreaming and wishing, you didn't add anything new to your argument since your first post, just take a look at what i posted to support my argument and what you posted. Get a life Loser :p;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)