Del Piero: a hero or a choker? (2 Viewers)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
To break the tension, I'd like to point out three points:

(1) I'm in no way related to GOAT
(2) I did not hack into GOAT's username
(3) I did not pay GOAT to say those things

:D

Thought I'd mention them before someone pointed them out ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #23
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    To break the tension, I'd like to point out three points:

(1) I'm in no way related to GOAT
    (2) I did not hack into GOAT's username
    (3) I did not pay GOAT to say those things

Thought I'd mention them before someone pointed them out ;)
    True that, true that :groan:

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by G_O_A_T ] ++
    Why think about the past? True, he was great before the injury, but we have no gain from that now. I'm talking about the present, and the fact is that he's a choker.
    well, That's your opinion and to some extent i agree with you, but he isn't that choker you are making out of him. His contribution to the team should be appreciated, he did alot for the cause of the team more than just being a choker in final or important games. and when i am talking about his whole career i am talking about the past & the present. he scored about 50 goals in the last 2 seasons only for both the Azzurri and Juventus.

32 Serie A Goals
    8 CL Goals
    9 Goals for The Azzurri
    2 super coppa italiana

P.S I didn't include or count Coppa italia Goals, i am sure he would have passed the 60 goals mark in the last 2 seasons. and now you call him a complete choker, may be he isn't what he used to be before, but he has developed a new style and technique of his own, To sum it up, He just perfect and great to be holding the captain armband. HE is our leader whether you like or not. Juventus board aren't that stupid or dumb to keep a worthless player and pay him that huge wage. don't you think so ??

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    a hero,no doubt.

what he has achieved in the previous decade surpasses most of the countless great players that have ever played with juve,a great european record and one of the greatest italian players of his generation.

he's broken records,been made a captain at the age of 27 and touted as the most gifted talent at our club in the past 10 years.countless others,eg.boksic,ravanelli,pippo,zidane etc. have all been victims of juve's strict transfer regime,yet he has escaped the axe.surely his means something?

true, he has not had his best years of late,but he has been getting better every year for the past three seasons,and this season he's looking ready to rock europe once more.choking on the big stage,yeah,that's been an obvious stain during an otherwise illustrious career.however i believe he will recover his consistency sometime, and in the process break a couple more records.

he is,after all,barely 29.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    i personally think he shouldnt be captain..and maybe even lose the no.10 :eek:

u notice that when in he wasnt captain during his great days(or yesterdays), there wasnt the pressure to be the spearhead of the team..and look at the NT, every1 knows that the player with the no.10 is the best, the one on the spotlight, the one every1 loves. every since totti took over, he's performance has been better and better, cause there wasnt as much pressure..every1 expeects most of the goods from totti, and not as much from others, including DP.

back to juve...ever since he became captain, he's always faltered in the big stage cause everytime he gets the ball, he's in the spotlight, everytime he gets the ball the fans go like "come on DP! get us a goal, you're the best! you're our inspiratio, ur our CAPTAIN bla bla bla :blah: "

u see what im trying to say?

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    Del Piero is a terrific player and we all know about his abilities. He is a hero for Juve and he will always be. but he has only one problem, he suffers to many injuries that are effecting his form.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #32
    ++ [ originally posted by Aragorn ] ++

well, That's your opinion and to some extent i agree with you, but he isn't that choker you are making out of him. His contribution to the team should be appreciated, he did alot for the cause of the team more than just being a choker in final or important games. and when i am talking about his whole career i am talking about the past & the present. he scored about 50 goals in the last 2 seasons only for both the Azzurri and Juventus.

32 Serie A Goals
    8 CL Goals
    9 Goals for The Azzurri
    2 super coppa italiana

P.S I didn't include or count Coppa italia Goals, i am sure he would have passed the 60 goals mark in the last 2 seasons. and now you call him a complete choker, may be he isn't what he used to be before, but he has developed a new style and technique of his own, To sum it up, He just perfect and great to be holding the captain armband. HE is our leader whether you like or not. Juventus board aren't that stupid or dumb to keep a worthless player and pay him that huge wage. don't you think so ??
    Dont you think I know all that? Because I do. I'm not at all saying he's not a good player. A choker is someone that folds under pressure, that cant deliver in the final, in the end when the pressure is biggest and when its most important. And the fact that he plays excellently the whole season and then doesn nothing in the final few games only proves he's a choker.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002

Dont you think I know all that? Because I do. I'm not at all saying he's not a good player. A choker is someone that folds under pressure, that cant deliver in the final, in the end when the pressure is biggest and when its most important. And the fact that he plays excellently the whole season and then doesn nothing in the final few games only proves he's a choker.
    Did you really expect anything from him in the final game against Milan. ?? as I saw him trying his best but the whole team sucked back then so you can't blame him.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #34
    But I do blame him. Nod only for the final, but for the quarter finals and semis too. He only performed in one of five games. Nedved performed in all games he played.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Aragorn ] ++
    Zlatan : you are a dead man, you are terminated :fero:

Btw this new trends of Threads is quite annoying and it's not good at all, as it's also a waste of space, i can't see the difference between them and those of the hangout. People are just creating them to start a useless arguement or to please someone. Everyday a couple of threads are created one to insult a player and the other to praise him. this is a sort of a joke or a game. please quit doing this. it's really annoying. :groan:
    Totally agree.
    Im NOT supporting DP for his mistakes in the key games....

...but people seems to exaggerate things, just to make some controversy here.

as i said before.....if the forums willl change for good, let it go in a natural, not creating this thread for selfish reasons.

Anyways, Del piero is not the best of the best, buty he is simply good in comparison witha normal player. He have great ability with the ball, and even not inhis best, if better than a great bunch out there.

Nedved last season´s was outstanding, his best season.and maybe he will not be able to perform that good in every game like last year.

Jul 12, 2002
    Del Piero is niether a hero nor a choker. No one seriously expects him to show up for big matches anymore, so when he manages to not suck entirely, it's a pleasant surprise, but he's not the hero. And, if he dissapears of even drags the team down, it's almost expected at this point, no big deal.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    But I do blame him. Nod only for the final, but for the quarter finals and semis too. He only performed in one of five games. Nedved performed in all games he played.
    :howler:
    So you blame him for reaching the final, that's good.;)

Btw Nedved wasn't injured and was our best player back then, so don't compare both, it's unfair. If it wasn't for Del Piero (MOM) efforts in the semi final against Real Madrid 2nd leg, we wouldn't have reached the final. In the Final he was the only creative player on the field between a bunch of defensive players so you can't expect him to do all the creation and score to lift the trophy while he was marked by the best defender in the world (Nesta). At least he scored his penalty while others didn't. may be you should blame nedved for not winning the CL, afterall he is the one who Got the bocked in the semi final to miss the final.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #39
    I'm not blaming him for reaching the final, I'm blaming him for not lifting the trophy. I have made my case in the first post, and I dont think its neccessary to repeat it. Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and mine is that Del Piero chokes under pressure.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    I'm not blaming him for reaching the final, I'm blaming him for not lifting the trophy. I have made my case in the first post, and I dont think its neccessary to repeat it. Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and mine is that Del Piero chokes under pressure.
    I don't care, and as you said everyone is entitled to his opinion :dontcare:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)