David Trezeguet (14 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
In January, because he is our best striker and if we sell him now then we will have more and more problems this season
our problems will not be cured even if we keep him. as a pure business decision, i would sell him if we get prime value in cash which we may not see in the summer transfer period.

as our best striker it doesn't matter if he scores 2 goals a game when we allow 3. this team has needed a rebuilding in the back around Chiellini. and in the past 2 seasons Buffon has taken a beating. if that means we need to sell our best foreign striker who is also aging then i say we must do so. i don't have anything against the man but we need to build for the future.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
our problems will not be cured even if we keep him. as a pure business decision, i would sell him if we get prime value in cash which we may not see in the summer transfer period.

as our best striker it doesn't matter if he scores 2 goals a game when we allow 3. this team has needed a rebuilding in the back around Chiellini. and in the past 2 seasons Buffon has taken a beating. if that means we need to sell our best foreign striker who is also aging then i say we must do so. i don't have anything against the man but we need to build for the future.
That is true, he will not fix the problems. Hell the problems go way beyond the defense imo.

But no matter how destroyed this season may seem, we still have targets that we could/need to achieve. If we focus that much on the future and forget about the present we will be screwed even more.

I know its a good business decision, and I agree with the consensus about selling him in the summer ( i think he knows that as well). But now I think there is more value of keeping him than selling him. Amauri can't buy a goal, Iaq is inconsistent and wasteful, while Alex can't carry everyone around him anymore and we have a midfield that doesn't score. We need all the goals we can get imo.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Question is whether or not Trez is the kind of player that wouldn't mind playing in the Middle East.

Edit: Maybe I should clarify myself: I do not want us to sell Trez. You just don't "sell" your legends.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Again silly people with selling Trezeguet. :disagree:
Well, if we could over 12M Euros for him at his age, it would be a good deal. But we probably can't, so no use in selling him now.

When Zidane was sold, my heart was broken for a few days, but I realized that the club needed the money. The difference here is that we most likely wouldn't get that much for David -- or should I say, comparatively more than what he still can give on the pitch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)