David Trezeguet (12 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Well, if we could over 12M Euros for him at his age, it would be a good deal. But we probably can't, so no use in selling him now.

When Zidane was sold, my heart was broken for a few days, but I realized that the club needed the money. The difference here is that we most likely wouldn't get that much for David -- or should I say, comparatively more than what he still can give on the pitch.
In a nutshell the benefits of keeping him heavily outweigh the ones of selling him. Zidane was sold at the prime time, if we were gonna sell him we should have done so 3 years ago. What would we do with 12mil from him now? Buy Ledesma? Fuck that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
In a nutshell the benefits of keeping him heavily outweigh the ones of selling him. Zidane was sold at the prime time, if we were gonna sell him we should have done so 3 years ago. What would we do with 12mil from him now? Buy Ledesma? Fuck that.
Well, we probably couldn't get 14 or 15M Euros anyway, so that's probably right. And in knowing that much of Trez's game is based on being in the right place at the right time, a sixth sense if you will, it most likely will not wane on him as the years progress, so he should still be a useful asset. At 32, I'd say physically he still has a couple years left, so as long as he stays healthy I don't see him declining as rapidly as some may think.

Much of being a good striker is all in the head. Even Crespo is still scoring goals.

But we should still be planning ahead and looking for his long term replacement.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Absolutely, from the physical aspect he can still start most games for a couple of years, he's 32, not 35. It would be great if we signed another youngster next season who could be Trezeguet's prodigy, no loans FFS, and learn from one of the best predators ever. If Trez could do it in his first season, behind a rat like Inzaghi, so could someone else. Then when Trez is 34 we can use him like Milan uses Inzaghi.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Damn, 2 months no Trez, who will be scoring the goals now?
Hopefully DP and Amauri can shine the next months.
Maybe we should try to loan a striker until the end of the season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)