David Trezeguet (10 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Amauri is a better link up player, and our midfielders will benefit from his presence more, perhaps, than they do through Trezeguet. But...Trezeguet's goal scoring record makes Amauri look more like a midfielder, in terms of consistency of putting the ball in the net. Yes, he recently broke his barren spell...and looked superb in the mauling of Samp, but it makes little sense to assume that Ciro will automatically bench trez in favour of the brazilian. Our midfielders did well against atalanta, WITH Trez. 2-5 away...lacking some key players...and our only true problems were the fullbacks, not attack.
Perhaps he is and that is primarily in holding up the ball and header knock downs. If you watch trezi closely you see that he always tries to keep the ball moving by simple flick ons and passes to bring others into play. Amauri on the other hand, sometimes keeps the ball too much and we lose the momentum of the attack. He is a better player to take on others but we saw promising signs from the Samp game where he simplified his game more which is imo what is needed from the striker in this system.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Trezequet is never been know to hold up the play. He does two things 1) when he gets the ball out side the box he passes it back immidiately or 2) if he gets the ball in the box he will just shoot/head it. Holding up the ball/tracking back to support was never his speciality and is not and will never be.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

But on Elvin's other point, one has to look at it objectively and see where Elvin is coming from? What is the difference really between Trezeguet and Cannavaro or Zambrotta? Trezeguet wanted to jump ship as much as both players (Actually, he probably wouldn't have come back to Juve like Canna did, but thats just speculation). The only difference between them is that Juve saw Trez as being indispensable while it saw the other two players as dispensable.
I agree it should not make him an object of hate. But tell that to the people who blame Cannavaro and Zambrotta but give Trez a free pass.
I'm not gonna bother with Elvin this morning so I'll reply to you only.

There is a huge difference, Fred. Bar DP, pretty much all of our players contemplated leaving. Difference is, these that stayed, talking mostly about Camo and Trezeguet, stayed on their own accord. Do you really think a club can force players to stay in Serie B? NO. Trezeguet and Camoranesi could have just went AWOL like Ibra, missing trainings and not appearing for games. Do you really think the club would keep them here if they were backed into a corner? We were not in a position to keep anybody in Serie B, let alone players of such caliber as Trez and Camo. They obviously sat down with the board and made an agreement to stay in Serie B.

As for the hand gesture, that was justified as he was the last one to get a renewed contract. Sorry but after all the years and acceptance of Serie B, he should have got a new contract before the end of the season.

Comparing Zambrotta, Thuram or any other player that left to Trez, is a downright insult.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009

There is a huge difference, Fred. Bar DP, pretty much all of our players contemplated leaving. Difference is, these that stayed, talking mostly about Camo and Trezeguet, stayed on their own accord. Do you really think a club can force players to stay in Serie B? NO. Trezeguet and Camoranesi could have just went AWOL like Ibra, missing trainings and not appearing for games. Do you really think the club would keep them here if they were backed into a corner? We were not in a position to keep anybody in Serie B, let alone players of such caliber as Trez and Camo. They obviously sat down with the board and made an agreement to stay in Serie B.

As for the hand gesture, that was justified as he was the last one to get a renewed contract. Sorry but after all the years and acceptance of Serie B, he should have got a new contract before the end of the season.

Comparing Zambrotta, Thuram or any other player that left to Trez, is a downright insult.
Agree with this completely.

At the time (after DP, Gigi & Pavel had decided to stay) there were 3 "big" players that absolutely wanted to leave but that the board did not want to let go at any cost: Trez, Camo, Zlatan.
Yet, only Zlatan left, while the others did agree to play in Serie B after all. And I for one will always hold the team that played in Serie B in the highest regard. And yes, that includes players like Boumsong, Balzaretti & others.

About the infamous Trez hand gesture: this is something a lot of us would probably have done. The guy just pretty much gave away a year of his (almost ending) career. So I completely understand he would want to be compensated for that in the next season. And compensated obviously means more than mere finances in this case.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

Ibra is a different case, his behavior was downright disgraceful and disrespectful i fully understand why Juve fans hate him.

Trezeguet from what i remember was one of the most players that came out and made statements to the media about how much he wanted to leave. Feel free to correct me here as i am depending completely on my memory here, so i could be wrong. From what i recall, players like Nedved, Buffon and DP never made statements about wanting to leave to the media, but Trez and Camo did. He even made a statement about wanting to leave the club at the start of this season. The thing is, he talks too much sometimes.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
The thing is, he talks too much sometimes.
All that means is that he has the guts to say what he's thinking. He's not clinging to the idea of the player who has no power to speak unless the club's press secretary has given him the green light beforehand.

I know that Trezzy's comments, often made to the French press while on NT duty, are not always pleasing to Juve fans. But then must you insist on having only players who stroke your ego all the time? Can't you handle a little criticism? Trez does his talking mostly on the pitch, where he's equal to Sivori. But that's still not enough for some people.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Ibra is a different case, his behavior was downright disgraceful and disrespectful i fully understand why Juve fans hate him.

Trezeguet from what i remember was one of the most players that came out and made statements to the media about how much he wanted to leave. Feel free to correct me here as i am depending completely on my memory here, so i could be wrong. From what i recall, players like Nedved, Buffon and DP never made statements about wanting to leave to the media, but Trez and Camo did. He even made a statement about wanting to leave the club at the start of this season. The thing is, he talks too much sometimes.
Buffon stated to the media he wanted to leave for a new challenge(Milan), but with the conviction and Serie B, he changed his mind. Nedved really with the age, didn't have much options. DP is DP. All respect due to the fellas.

Trez and Camo wanted to leave at first but were convinced to stay and never made any problems about it. I don't know what we're talking about here, respect to them as well.

As for the him talking too much part, Martin pretty much answered most of it, I'll just add: with a decade spent in the club, Trez should certainly be one of the few that are allowed to speak their mind.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Agree with this completely.

At the time (after DP, Gigi & Pavel had decided to stay) there were 3 "big" players that absolutely wanted to leave but that the board did not want to let go at any cost: Trez, Camo, Zlatan.
Yet, only Zlatan left, while the others did agree to play in Serie B after all. And I for one will always hold the team that played in Serie B in the highest regard. And yes, that includes players like Boumsong, Balzaretti & others.

About the infamous Trez hand gesture: this is something a lot of us would probably have done. The guy just pretty much gave away a year of his (almost ending) career. So I completely understand he would want to be compensated for that in the next season. And compensated obviously means more than mere finances in this case.
Why didn't the other guys think like that? I mean, Gigi could go to any club he wanted to.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I didn't mean you buddy, because I know you did. My question was directed at a certain troll in this thread
Well I gotta admit, you are right here, he didn't criticized him, and he even denied that. Look here:

Eℓvin;2217764 said:
I like Juventus because Del Piero's there, and I like Del Piero because he is at Juventus. Equally. We're a lucky bunch whose favorite player happens to be a one club man. Cheers to that :pint:

what do you think
please discuss Elvin

:snoop:

Aug 1, 2003
I for one don't give a fuck about whether they wanted to stay or go, I'm pretty sure a whole load wanted to jump the ship when we were relegated but fact is that these players, Trez included, willingly or not, stayed in the hardest time our club has faced and helped us out of that situation. For that, and for all that he has done for Juventus - he has my respect. The man is our joint top foreign scorer of all time, seriously, what else would you ask for? Until Amauri etc starts to even match his goal rate, I suggest we just continue supporting and keeping faith in Trez. Not at the expense of our other strikers, but just SUPPORT him. He deserves it, and could use it now.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
And put yourselves in Trez position in the summer of 2006 before you criticize him.

The guy missed a penalty in the WC final. That missed penalty was the reason why his team lost a fucking WC final. Right after the world cup ended, his team got relegated.
In front of his eyes, in a matter of 1 week his world was falling apart.

Can anybody think soberly in such situation?

Really, think about it. The guy had an excellent season with 29 goals (23 in serie A, 6 in CL). He wins a scudetto, scores in that final match and celebrates that goal like crazy (remember that amazing team celebration when Trez scored for 0:1 in Reggina in the last round)...everything goes perfect and then...
1. Talks about his team being involved in a scandal. Everyone talked about how the Italian Juventini felt at the world cup, but how did the non-Italians like Trez feel there? Weren't they just as effected by the Calciopoli talks?
2. After an amazing season, Domenech decides to keep him on the bench during the world cup.
3. He misses the penalty in the world cup final. The only missed penalty. How can a player feel after that? Remember his tears while you guys celebrated Italy's win? Did he even sleep in the following nights?
4. His team is relegated and he's facing a year on some provincial Italian pitches.

You're telling me that you'd have been cool in his situation and you'd have been thinking with a cool head?

And yet he stays.
After all those nightmares, he's facing another shock. The directors don't offer him a contract. He has no idea what's gonna happen. Do they plan to keep him? Do they plan to sell him? Do they plan to keep paying him the reduced wages?

And yet he stays and almost becomes the top scorer. In the meantime, his NT coach keeps ignoring him.
When finally everything looks bright again, he's told that he'll need an operation that will keep him out for most of the season.

And after all these things that i mentioned.....Trez comes back and is our topscorer right now.

And you dare badmouthing him.
Idiots!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Comparing Lilian "Juventus who" Thuram and Fabio "I'll never leave Juve, I'll never leave Juve !!" to Trezeguet is a joke quite frankly. Same with that Maggot Zambrotta.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)