David Trezeguet (12 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Fred-man, these people think whenever Trez scores I start punching things in my room. No, I shout GOAL like all do. You're neutral here, and you get exactly what my problem is with him - he is a selfish player, and when he gets dropped to the bench once the other 3 forwards are fit... lookout for another tantrum.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Guys you're forgetting something, if it wasn't for Ferrara this guy would have been as fruitless as he was last season. So a salute goes to you Ferrara for giving the trust back to our Trezigoal :ultra:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Ok, Elvin is just being stubborn here, Trezeguet has already scored 6 league goals despite not being a starter, 6 goals out of 6 starts is an extremely impressive feat. He has proven that he is still a world class poacher and to call him useless is nothing short of scandalous. You'd have to be biased to say that.

The fact that such a striker has to sit on the bench is extremely weird too. Trezeguet can still start for most teams in the world.

But on Elvin's other point, one has to look at it objectively and see where Elvin is coming from? What is the difference really between Trezeguet and Cannavaro or Zambrotta? Trezeguet wanted to jump ship as much as both players (Actually, he probably wouldn't have come back to Juve like Canna did, but thats just speculation). The only difference between them is that Juve saw Trez as being indispensable while it saw the other two players as dispensable.
Fred, there is no difference. He did not hide the fact that he wanted to leave. He did it on more than one occasion. (The hand gestures at the end of the 2006 season, I believe, was one of them)

so, he's not an angel, and he probably isn't a 100% team player. But those types are very rare these days.

But let's be honest here. The guy is still very productive, and is a valuable asset to this team.

One of my concerns going into this season was how he would accept a reduced role if it came down to that. Someone of his pedigree most certainly was not used to having to sit on the bench.

Now, due to injuries and inconsistencies with other strikers, he's getting a lot more playing time than, most of us would admit, even himself, has gotten this season.

And the dude's scoring goals. sure, I would love it if he got himself more involved in other aspects, but this year he seems to be doing it more than any other time I can remember.

But the real quandry that Ferrara is going to find himself in is when Iaquinta and Del Piero come back from their injuries. That's not a lot of playing time for 4 strikers who this year and the last few seasons have shown that they all deserve playing time

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Eℓvin;2216809 said:
Fred-man, these people think whenever Trez scores I start punching things in my room. No, I shout GOAL like all do. You're neutral here, and you get exactly what my problem is with him - he is a selfish player, and when he gets dropped to the bench once the other 3 forwards are fit... lookout for another tantrum.
Elvin, those are the same concerns that I have had going into this season.

not beause the guy isn't capabl;e, but because being a bench player is not something that he is used to.

now, for you, or anyone to come out and say that he is going to throw a tantrum is a bit pre-mature.

Nobody knows how the situation is going to play out when Iaquinta and Del Piero come back.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Knowing our luck someone will get injured again and DP & Iaquinta will get their chances.
Everybody gets injured. It's part of the game. The depth at striker on this team is both a blessing and a curse. Especially if all 4 are fit and two, or maybe even 3 of them are relegated to the bench.

Sometimes its good to have a Zalayeta type as your fourth striker.

Juve doesn't have that. All four of their strikers are infinitely better than Zalayeta, and don't think for a moment that they don't realize that

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Eℓvin;2216819 said:
Does anyone here doubt that once the other 3 strikers are fit and available Trez will be Ferrara's 4th choice?
I really don't know.

If you go on production alone, I don't see how he could be the 4th choice,but it all depends on what formations they play.

I can tell you this. I'd be more than willing to bet that once Iaq and DP come back, the 4-3-2-1 formation will not be the norm. It will be used depending upon matchups, or injuries, but all things being equal I think you can bet on seeing the 4-3-1-2 or even a 4-3-3 on a regualr basis.

Ferrara has some tough choices ahead of him in the coming months

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Eℓvin;2216824 said:
I think Iaquinta is fairly OK with sitting on the bench. Fairly.

He's OK with it for right now, but eventually you'll want to get some semblance of first team football somewhere.

'm just glad that he doesn't say a word about it. The guy is a real team player, who realizes that the cause is bigger than his own individual achievements.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I really don't know.

If you go on production alone, I don't see how he could be the 4th choice,but it all depends on what formations they play.

I can tell you this. I'd be more than willing to bet that once Iaq and DP come back, the 4-3-2-1 formation will not be the norm. It will be used depending upon matchups, or injuries, but all things being equal I think you can bet on seeing the 4-3-1-2 or even a 4-3-3 on a regualr basis.

Ferrara has some tough choices ahead of him in the coming months
Oh for sure, we can forget about 4-2-3-1. It was a short term solution, no way Ciro's gonna stick with it.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Yeh, a player who scores nearly every game he has played in this season should be benched.

You are, sir, an ass!
Ferrara is gonna be a total ass. Just wait and see.

Do you think that's how he picks his starters for God's sake? "Oh, Trez has scored more than any of these guys, he must be the most useful".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)