David Trezeguet (9 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
past 2 years?

he was still scoring in 2007-2008. IF you forgot he was top 2nd top scorer behind Del Piero in the league (and he did that with little to no service)

last season he was injured for many months with the operation on BOTH his his knees, and when he was back he barely played under Ranieri. This isn't FM or PES wehre players can play great again the moment they come back from injury.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Treze has been improving but he lacks someone to work with.
If DP was here, you would have scored 3-4 goals more by now...

I m glad that he is returning back into play though! And the more he plays with Amauri and Iaq, the better teamwork/understanding they build!

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
2007-08 he was good.
Since then utterly useless. Let's wait and see if he can prove the doubters wrong (for the first time he is being doubted, and only by me it seems), like the players Alen mentioned have done with in the past, with their heads held high.

Let's see if Trez has it in him...

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Eℓvin;2191512 said:
2007-08 he was good.
Since then utterly useless. Let's wait and see if he can prove the doubters wrong (for the first time he is being doubted, and only by me it seems), like the players Alen mentioned have done with in the past, with their heads held high.

Let's see if Trez has it in him...
He can't do much when he is injured or benched now can he? (last season)

and we all are waiting to see Trez return ot his old form.

You are the only won who has written him/write him off any chance you get.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Eℓvin;2191498 said:
Ok, let's take Diego's crosses from FKs for instance, almost always somewhat good service, right? Before Trez would be there to head it at least once during the game. Now everybody is there... except Trez. That's what I'm saying, he is not dangerous anymore, EVER.
Nope, even in the past he was rarely the set-piece player. I doubt he headed more than 3-4 goals from corner kick or free kick. Even in the past guys like Tudor or someone else was doing it. He was always the guy who knew how to escape from his defender, position well and score. But with a crazy Nedved and crazy Camo, and with Del Piero, there was chemistry and Trez was scoring.

Right now i will agree with you that he's indeed useless on many matches, more often than not. Iaquinta is missing a lot, but even with the bad service Iaquinta is moving well and he finds himself in many chances. Trez is not doing that.
But until Del Piero is back or in case we suddenly improve drastically and the guys behind the attackers start doing their job, i refuse to accept that Trez is finished.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
He can't do much when he is injured or benched now can he? (last season)

and we all are waiting to see Trez return ot his old form.

You are the only won who has written him/write him off any chance you get.
I have, and I'm not denying it. So far he has done absolutely nothing to give me hope.

He is hurting the team. We should have sold him. End of.

Get back to me when he does something valuable... I'm not gonna back off just for the scare of being ridiculed or proven wrong (which hasn't happened yet).

@Alen, fair enough.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Of course not. There's also Molinaro, Poulsen, the fullbacks. But everyone already knows that, and I wouldn't bother with Trez if people would acknowledge his liability.

For God's sake, when Gigi was off form - "let's cash in"
When DP was off form - "bench him, doesn't deserve to play, we lost out on legends like Miccoli and Di Vaio"
Nedved off form - "should have retired"

But this situation just shocks me, honestly. Not a single word of protest? Blind faith?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Eℓvin;2191524 said:
But this situation just shocks me, honestly. Not a single word of protest? Blind faith?
In this case the problem is that the other attackers, even though they played twice more minutes than Trez, didn't score more than him, so there aren't any options.
People ask for Trez to be benched, but when he is, Amauri is doing just as bad, so people ask Amauri to be benched and after they forget that Trez was doing bad too they ask for Trez and when he plays bad again, they ask for Amauri and Iaquinta and so on and so on.
There are no alternatives, Del Piero is not here, so you will read all the fucking time how people moan about our attackers all the time.

And you're wrong. There has been a lot of protest regarding Trezeguet. People defend him only when some others, like you, show complete lack of respect.

During pre-season Trezeguet was BY FAR the most criticized player. Did you forget that?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
If the team was playing well and Trez was still struggling, Elvin, I might agree with you, but right now I think the strikers are working hard and aren't being helped enough by the rest of the team.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
In all fairness, I should back off a little, and see how he does when DP comes back/we get some kinda momentum.

But what grinds my gears is this: Today, Molinaro made a cross, open net. Trez miss-touches the ball 1.5 meters in front of the open net. Now it was offside ok, but is this the old Trez? Is this something any forward is to be accepted to get away with? He has had way too many of these miss-touches man, way too many.

Let's wait and see...

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Eℓvin;2191524 said:
Of course not. There's also Molinaro, Poulsen, the fullbacks. But everyone already knows that, and I wouldn't bother with Trez if people would acknowledge his liability.

When DP was off form - "bench him, doesn't deserve to play, we lost out on legends like Miccoli and Di Vaio"

Allen answered this in the previous page.

And no there isn't any blind faith here and we don't get our axe yet like you did as well. To say he is hurting the team is rubbish. If he is hurting the team then we should keep Gigi and Chiellini as all the rest are hurting the team.

We know this guy can/will do better because the guy is class. But people need to have more valid expectations. This guy will never take the ball and dribble past six players, that is a fact and we shouldn't measure his performances based on that. For me I think he is not yet in top form because his touches with the layoffs are not 100% and the same is with his positioning. His movement is getting there and that is the promising part along with the guy's hustle and running back. But he doesn't get any credit for that, and he shouldn't get much because thats not his job.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Eℓvin;2191524 said:

You are clearly overreacting on all counts in these examples.

1. There where few who said cash in on Gigi, mainly because of his injury problem and Manninger playing well, i dont see anyone saying that anymore, neither do you. But most of those who said that where morons anyway.

2. First of all, what a funny example to bring in, since you were not posting here when Juve had Di Vaio and Miccoli. Secondly you clearly have taken those comments too seriously, DP is clearly better than both of those players, and their individual career successes + status in the football world prove it. So its time to GET OVER with that :D

3. Lets be honest now, Nedved wasnt putting in the performances we used to see when he was in peak form. But thats because he was getting older. I dont recall any Juve fan here or anywhere who hates or dislikes Nedved.

---------
I still come back to the point of your blindness about Trez. The problem is more of creativity and service. Youve been following Juve for years and should therefore know Trez game style.

Anyway in the ideal world DP should be starting, but his not around and wont be for couple of more weeks, so get over with this stupid bashing.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Eℓvin;2191533 said:
In all fairness, I should back off a little, and see how he does when DP comes back/we get some kinda momentum.

But what grinds my gears is this: Today, Molinaro made a cross, open net. Trez miss-touches the ball 1.5 meters in front of the open net. Now it was offside ok, but is this the old Trez? Is this something any forward is to be accepted to get away with? He has had way too many of these miss-touches man, way too many.

Let's wait and see...

I really don't agree with you concerning Trez, but you do have a point (the bolded part).

There must be a reason though why it's not the old Trez, and I think that reason may very well be that we are not using him in the right way.
Someone posted a pic on the forum somewhere, detailing the average position of all our players. Trez was positioned near the middle of the park, behind Amauri & close to Diego. Even a blind man can see that's not where he needs to be.

Like I posted after the Siena game: props to David for helping out tracking back & trying to build up the play BUT that's not doing us any good. And I don't think it'll ever do us any good, since he is not that kind of player. He is spending way too much energy doing things he is incapable of doing. And as a result, he isn't sharp enough in front of goal.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

No doubt about that. Which brings us back to my initial point. If he's not receiving any balls, we're not using him right.
And you are spot on. He needs DP with him, since we don't have that, we need to try Gio-Diego-Camo behind him again. There no alternatives, I'm afraid.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I really don't agree with you concerning Trez, but you do have a point (the bolded part).

There must be a reason though why it's not the old Trez, and I think that reason may very well be that we are not using him in the right way.
Someone posted a pic on the forum somewhere, detailing the average position of all our players. Trez was positioned near the middle of the park, behind Amauri & close to Diego. Even a blind man can see that's not where he needs to be.

Like I posted after the Siena game: props to David for helping out tracking back & trying to build up the play BUT that's not doing us any good. And I don't think it'll ever do us any good, since he is not that kind of player. He is spending way too much energy doing things he is incapable of doing. And as a result, he isn't sharp enough in front of goal.
Ok, let's say we're not using him right, and he has to run a little more than he is used to, but how does that explain the ball bouncing off him like he's a tree and not a pro-footballer, every time?

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Look, if Trez isn't scoring then yes, he is hurting the team cuz it's like playing with 10 men. But if the team is playing good, then it's like playing with 12 men cuz Trez will be all over the penalty box. The problem is, when is Trez going to have that impact on the team again?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)