David Trezeguet (11 Viewers)

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
Well, let's resume all this :
This issue needs to be explained from two diffrent aspects which are complentary also :

1- Financial issue : some of the juventini here took it that way. We know the reasons behind this opinion. Juventus wants a long time project.

2- Ethical issue : some ppl here are asking the board to take into consideration more than the financial factor and i'm agreed with them.

Both issues are coherent IMHO, though let's admit this is not the way we should treat our players and who ? ( our best foreign player ) . I have the feeling that the board it's not up to it. They are making managerial mistakes.

To follow ........

rokkstar

Feb 2, 2005
Poor David. In any circumstances if the board wanted him out, he shouldn't have been treated this way.

Trust me, we will miss his goal-scoring touches!! Thank you for 140 goals and 7 years of joy.

Forza Trezegol!

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Sorry, but I completely disagree with you. Baggio never wanted to leave Juve, he was pushed out because we had a 19 years old forward called Del Piero and the fact Lippi doesn't seem to get on with Roby at all.
You say Baggio would've left Juve in a heartbeat is bullshit, he said in later interviews he enjoyed his days as a Bianconero most and would never wanted to leave us in 95. He was our captain for 3 years FFS, Trez got 140 goals, true, Henry got more than 250 goals for Arsenal since he left us, so what ? It doesn't mean he has to stay in Turin for life because he is top scoring foreigner.

As you can see by my username, I'm quite a supporter of the Baggio you speak of. But being our captain for 3 years represents nothing. Just because he was our captain didn't mean he embodied our club. There's a stark difference between someone like Roberto Baggio and say an Alessio Tacchnardi. The latter never wore the captain's armband by default, but was more bianconero at heart than Roberto will ever be. Baggio on the other hand, you must note has travelled through many clubs in his career, and while that may not necessarily mean he lacked loyalty, it quite clearly signified, that he was the sort who needed a new environment to keep flourishing. David Trezeguet on the other hand has banged in goals, season after season at Juventus. It doesn't mean he has to stay in Turin for life - not even if he wants to? I dont know how you function, but to me, somebody who has been loyal over a period of time deserves his pound of flesh, and if nothing else, respect, purely on a human level. You keep talking about how this is life and this is business, but if practicality is what you want to get at, then by that reasoning, Del Piero and Nedved should be the first ones to go.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Well, let's resume all this :
This issue needs to be explained from two diffrent aspects which are complentary also :

1- Financial issue : some of the juventini here took it that way. We know the reasons behind this opinion. Juventus wants a long time project.
Please explain to me the meaning of a long term project? Do you think David's replacement will be with us for the next 20 years? Are you trying to tell me that David Trezeguet doesn't have another 3-4 years of football left in him? Jesus H Christ. We get rid of him now and get a Huntelaar, what makes you think he'll hang around with us if we're unable to get out of a midtable slump, the supposed long term prospect of Klaas Jan Huntelaar only looks good on paper, because these days 3 years in one team, is what players consider a lifetime. I've said it before, there are Zlatans at every nook and corner of the globe, but those who come equally complemented on a human level are the stuff legends are made of. David Trezeguet has been loyal to us, even though he supposedly didn't want to stay with us last year - he could've sulked and played disinterestedly so he was sold in the first available transfer window. Instead, he applied himself and smacked 15 goals in a season when we really needed him. And this is how we thank him? Fucking disgusting.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
Poor David. In any circumstances if the board wanted him out, he shouldn't have been treated this way.

Trust me, we will miss his goal-scoring touches!! Thank you for 140 goals and 7 years of joy.

Forza Trezegol!
i dot think the board wanted him out but there has been as much speculation about him leaving as buffon, they managed to convince the latter and its obvious that its not just the boards fault.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
i dot think the board wanted him out but there has been as much speculation about him leaving as buffon, they managed to convince the latter and its obvious that its not just the boards fault.
Trezeguet said about 2 weeks ago that he wants to stay. And in the interview he said what the problem was, the board offered him a lower contract, and thus saying we dont want you.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Since he said he wanted to stay he probably wanted the board to offer a fair contract, maybe with him getting more money since he is so important to the club.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
Honestly we should be more pissed about the club at selling Henry, Vieri, Maresca and Perrotta than Trezeguet. Trez is a great servant to the club, and we will miss him dearly, but if we can sell Baggio and Zidane, we can sell anyone, this is the Juventus tradition, sell our best players. As long as we can get a fair price for Trez and he doesn't go to another Italian club.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
personally i would have sold him to barca a couple of years ago.
That would have been another issue. Personally, I had the same feeling before three seasons. I was calling for his head seeing how much injuries he had in the previous two seasons, but taking all the conditions we passed in those three seasons, I knew that the guy deserves better.

It's so hard to tell somebody to stay with you when he doesn't want to stay, and when he comes back to Serie A, you don't give him what he deserves, but instead tell him that he has to sacrifice some of his current wage while his teammates like Buffon and Del Piero are increased.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Honestly we should be more pissed about the club at selling Henry, Vieri, Maresca and Perrotta than Trezeguet. Trez is a great servant to the club, and we will miss him dearly, but if we can sell Baggio and Zidane, we can sell anyone, this is the Juventus tradition, sell our best players. As long as we can get a fair price for Trez and he doesn't go to another Italian club.
There's a marked difference between those names and Trezeguet. Henry was a flop for whatever reason, he didn't warrant a chance given Ancellotti's system. Vieri's was an unknown quantity at the time. And he was surplus to our needs of the season, even though he had shown his potential. Maresca deserved better, but he hadnt done half as much as Trezeguet with his time at Juve. Same goes for Perotta. We've gone over the Baggio bit, as for Zidane, he wanted to be sold.

Alex66

Jul 14, 2006
i honestly think he deserves whatever wages he wants at the club and the club should offer him what he want in order to keep him at the club.
i dont think he wants something more than what dp or nedved's having. i think he only wants something around what he's currently having. and that's realli nothing selfish or demanding. for what he had done for the club and what's he gonna bring to the club for the coming 2 season, he deserves it.

dont giv me shit about he's old and he doesn't deserve pay rise or whatever shit.

he's only 29 going 30. at least another 2 good seasons with load of goals.
:agree:

after 7 years of hard work and tears and sweat and glory in the black and white shirt, this piece of news is really heart breaking:cry:
:agree:
Juve's history without the international players, especially French players is NOTHING. Give me a break and look what Platini, Deschamps, Vieira, Thuram, Trezeguet, Zidane and Zebina did to the club.
true

And Vlatko, I cant say it better :pint: , wish I could better speak english to write what I fell at this point. I cant belive what is this management doing.(but must wait, its hard to judge now. We will see in next what will happen)

Aug 1, 2003
how can you compare trez's sale to that of the others you mentioned. preposterous. david trezeguet slot in the goals for seven freakin years with juventus, he did his job, and he never so much spoke against the team during that time. i dont know why people are so unsatisfied with him when he has been doing exactly what he is supposed to do, and that is to bring us goals, and he never stopped so dont give me that bull about trez being a has been!

and lets face it this situation is much different than that of other juve stars because of the big factor calciopoli. trezeguet stayed with us in B. and that is more than anyone can say about him! he scored 15 goals that helped us win promotion. he wanted to stay at juventus, he wanted to restore us to our glory days. and if he asks for more in his contract, for all he's done, i say we should've friggin given it to him! he sure as hell deserved it. these BODs are such noobs it pisses me off, they have forgotten what is ultimately important about football and sport, and that is to play with your heart, and that is what champions like buffon and trez and dp and nedved have been doing, and to let trez go in this manner is absolutely ludicrous, i am ashamed to have seen this from the directors.

Jun 5, 2007
okay if the board got Huntelaar then they will be partly forgiven.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwshex06BuM
insane!! he can score from headers, freekicks, long shots, one on ones. he can do it all!!
The fact that he is so great in Dutch league doesn't means he's able to replace Trezeguet's goal scoring touches. Kezman?, 2 times top scorer in the Dutch league means nothing after all. Kuyt? shy of goals too.

btw, We're facing competition in getting Huntelaar, ok? No one says he's gonna come here. With a board which is as stupid as they're literally forcing one of the best goal scoring machine out, what makes u think that they're gonna successfully win Huntelaar's signature. (I reali doubt this board gonna make any decent signing.)

Having already possessed one of the best goal scoring machine, i wonder what kind of bullshit plan is it that doesn't utilise it.

Trez is in a decline, his best is behind him, we need someone younger, quicker and most importantly more motivated.
Stop telling me Trezeguet is out of shape please. at 29 going 30, doesn't means old. He is at his peak age instead. if he's declining, there wouldnt be clubs lining up for him. In fact, he is MOTIVATED.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)