David Trezeguet (38 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
The only player in our team for which I really feel sorry is Buffon and no one else. Our youngsters such as Giovinco and Marchisio have still lots of time ahead, not to forget that despite the potential to become world class players, they aren't still even close to that. The only world class player in our team who can easily play for the best teams in the world is Gigi. He's the best goalkeeper in the world, he deserves to win as many titles as possible but he's wasting his career in this pitiful team. He stayed with us in Serie B. None of Ale, Nedved, Camo or Trez could have found a decent team to play in with the same salaries they were receiving here but Gigi had this chance and he turned it down. I'll love him forever because of this but now I really feel bad for him. We don't deserve to have him.
:tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
The only player in our team for which I really feel sorry is Buffon and no one else. Our youngsters such as Giovinco and Marchisio have still lots of time ahead, not to forget that despite the potential to become world class players, they aren't still even close to that. The only world class player in our team who can easily play for the best teams in the world is Gigi. He's the best goalkeeper in the world, he deserves to win as many titles as possible but he's wasting his career in this pitiful team. He stayed with us in Serie B. None of Ale, Nedved, Camo or Trez could have found a decent team to play in with the same salaries they were receiving here but Gigi had this chance and he turned it down. I'll love him forever because of this but now I really feel bad for him. We don't deserve to have him.
That's a timing issue. Had he been a little older at the time he'd be in the same boat as DP and the rest. I don't think that alone makes him super special. I feel sad for them all, who used to play on a great team. :frown2:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
That's a timing issue. Had he been a little older at the time he'd be in the same boat as DP and the rest. I don't think that alone makes him super special. I feel sad for them all, who used to play on a great team. :frown2:
Yes, that's a timing issue and that's exactly why I feel sorry for Buffon. Ale, Trez and Nedved were all world class players who spent their best years in a very strong Juve. I really appreciate their decisions to stay but I'm sure they took a decision which was supposed to be good both for the team and themselves. Gigi on the other hand did it only for the team and the fans. I kinda feel that playing for our team is risking his reputation :lol:

Hoori, it's great that you're back:D You always have the right words.
:kiss:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I don' think your argument really holds up, Hoori. DP, Trez and them did what was best for themselves, right? I mean they couldn't have scored contracts as good elsewhere, nor hoped to be equally central to the team. And what do you think Buffon was hoping for? That we recover from B and become a mid table club? No, he expected to again play for a great Juve where he'd be extremely central indeed. It just so happens it hasn't worked out that way, but I very much doubt he expected otherwise.

This loyalty talk is overrated. Players and clubs find each other at a time when they can help each other, it's mutual. When it no longer is, it's better to split up. It really isn't necessary to expect them to defy that basic mechanism.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I don' think your argument really holds up, Hoori. DP, Trez and them did what was best for themselves, right? I mean they couldn't have scored contracts as good elsewhere, nor hoped to be equally central to the team. And what do you think Buffon was hoping for? That we recover from B and become a mid table club? No, he expected to again play for a great Juve where he'd be extremely central indeed. It just so happens it hasn't worked out that way, but I very much doubt he expected otherwise.
Of course he expected Juve to be as strong as the past but he still wasted a complete year in Serie B with our team. Why did Zambrotta, Cannavaro and Zlatan leave you think? They were all at excellent forms, many teams had offered them massive contracts and even though they might have expected Juve to come back as strong as before, they weren't inclined to waste a whole year in a B league. They all opted for a better option which any of us might have chosen if we were in their places. Gigi was in a similar situation. Ale, Nedved and Trez were not. They couldn't have found a team of Juve calibre willing to offer them contracts as big as what they had in Juve. So they preferred to stay one more year, to receive the same money more or less, to have the fans' love and support more than ever, to help the team coming back to its right place and then to play in the first level in Europe once again. Kudos to them for staying, but the decision was suiting them perfectly too.

Buffon could have had all this without wasting one year of his career in B. He could have had a couple of Scudetti by now, he could have been Barca or ManU's keeper having won the CL already. You just can't write his name in the same sentence with Ale, Nedved and Trez.

This loyalty talk is overrated. Players and clubs find each other at a time when they can help each other, it's mutual. When it no longer is, it's better to split up. It really isn't necessary to expect them to defy that basic mechanism.
With that I agree Martin. I'm a Del Piero fangirl but I've never bragged about his loyalty to the club. Juve has always been the best option for him and as much as I dislike Totti, I have no problem admitting that what Totti has done for Roma is far more appreciating. But Buffon is an exception I think. Staying with us in Serie B could be easily his last option in a normal case. He was/is the best goalkeeper, he had a fabulous world cup already but he decided not to leave us in such a horrid situation. He is the one and only.

don't drive david away! :D
:D

I'm very happy to have Trez in our team. You might lose your pace, you might look older than ever but your instinct will never be gone. He's scoring goals for fun. One of the few bright sides in our team at the moment.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I'm very happy to have Trez in our team. You might lose your pace, you might look older than ever but your instinct will never be gone. He's scoring goals for fun. One of the few bright sides in our team at the moment.
Yes and forza Trezegoal. He might not be in a top condition be still he is so good at scoring goals, awesome striker!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)