David Trezeguet (12 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I have a question for everyone: Why do we have to :gsol: replace :gsol: Trezeguet? Why don't we just let him retire with us like we will do with Del Piero? Nobody is talking about replacing Del Piero because everybody knows that he can still offer a lot. He is not a finished player. The situation with Trezeguet is even better. He is younger and has more years to play yet everyone is so keen on replacing him.

IMO everybody who wants to replace Trezeguet is an ungrateful hypocrite. Because after 7 years and 160 goals you still have to hear about his lack of movement and involvement in the game. The fact that he :gsol: only :gsol: scores goals and does little else doesn't matter. Only the end product matters and that is a goal. And nobody can do it better than Trezeguet.

Of course. He has Italian blood.
thats what i was trying to say, sorry i didnt read your post before i posted mine

+rep

May 22, 2007
I see Trez is a great striker with finishing touch
But sometimes he seems invisible and easily caught offside on the match (like 2 goals disallowed against Brondy and Piacenza)

Like last season he scores hattrick against Livorno and Empoli, 2 goals against Livorno
But then he stops to score goals against the better team
I would prefer Iaquinta for now
So for now Juventus has 4 world class striker and only 2 of them will play in the first team
Who want to sit on the bench??

So for now the best option is to sell Trez cause there is a good offer from Barca and invest it to a young talented players who can be like a new Messi or DP..
We must not trapped by the past and see the best future for Juventus
Ive said it like 50 times, and Ill keep saying it. Trezeguet is one of the few that can be put in the elite group of players who are the best finishers in the world. In other words, his job is to score. If you want him to step on Del Piero's heels and try to create opportunities in possession then you're wrong. He is the target man up front who we aim balls at, and you just have to look at his goals to games ratio to see why he is so good. He creates opportunities by splitting up defenders. Nesta has said that Trez is the hardest man he has ever man marked.

Saying he stops scoring goals against better teams is a load of rubbish too. He scores plenty of important goals. Vs Real Madrid CL semi final, vs Italy Euro 2000 final (to win the whole thing), vs Milan 2004-5 season at the end of the season. Last season he was just one goal behind Del Piero who incidentally, scored all the important goals for us. Its not like he never scores, and with CL football coming up, he'll have plenty of opportunities to do so.

Iaquinta is a sub man. He is not world class. End of. Its not a matter of who sits on the bench, its a matter of when they are told to sit on the bench, and Iaquinta can get used to being told he has to sit out as he is not one of the top 2 strikers in our team.

Selling Trez is a mistake, he scores loads and hasn't failed at doing that. Why sell something which works? Id rather guarantee 15+ goals in the league and some more in other competitions than have a striker who will inconsistently score every season.

K.

K_Mac

Apr 15, 2006
his age will never impact his play (well, to a point). I honestly don't think Trez will be any different at 34 than he was at 28. his style doesn't require speed or top fitness. he just needs to keep that deadly touch.

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
I have a question for everyone: Why do we have to :gsol: replace :gsol: Trezeguet? Why don't we just let him retire with us like we will do with Del Piero? Nobody is talking about replacing Del Piero because everybody knows that he can still offer a lot. He is not a finished player. The situation with Trezeguet is even better. He is younger and has more years to play yet everyone is so keen on replacing him.

IMO everybody who wants to replace Trezeguet is an ungrateful hypocrite. Because after 7 years and 160 goals you still have to hear about his lack of movement and involvement in the game. The fact that he :gsol: only :gsol: scores goals and does little else doesn't matter. Only the end product matters and that is a goal. And nobody can do it better than Trezeguet.
Exactly. Bottom line is a striker's job is to score, and that's what he does.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I dont get it. How some people can put a price on Trezeguet is beyond me. Let's not forget it's us who keep grumbling about how badly Juve suffers on the creative front, and how our play has no fluidity. Isn't it ironic, that despite, being correctly criticised for our dull, boring play, we've been able to manage what we have in the last few seasons. I'd imagine somebody like David to be the sole cause of that - for his ability to have converted those half chances, whether they've been at the depths of Serie B or at the heights of our Champions league successes. So let's just put an end to this argument, here and now. Trezeguet should be going nowhere. All hail King David. If anybody thinks, it's the right time to sell him, they deserve a Molinaro where the sun dont shine.
i agree but you are being a bit too naive in saying that you cannot put a price on trezeguet. if life has taught us anything its that everyone/thing has a price, especially in professional sports

mark, you know i agree with you but that is a tangent argument you are bringing up with the ADP comparison. it applies but you and i know that it is a battle that cannot be won here. and you are right about ppl being hipocrites and that the bottom line is that the guy produces. what more can someone ask for?

Exactly. Bottom line is a striker's job is to score, and that's what he does.
100000000% wordage

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

However, it would be prudent to find a replacement for players such as Del Piero; a youngster who will learn from Alex and then take his place once he retires. I believe it's a good idea to think ahead and not wait until a player retires to find his replacement as you might not be able to find one in the future. An example would be Vieira and Cesc, minus the sale of the former.

This talk of selling Trezeguet now is pretty stupid though. We sell Trezeguet now and we lose a lot of goals. Another thing that is pretty inane is arguing to sell Trezeguet because all he can do is score goals.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
i agree but you are being a bit too naive in saying that you cannot put a price on trezeguet. if life has taught us anything its that everyone/thing has a price, especially in professional sports
No, Juventus has had a long standing tradition, in the Moggi era anyway to suggest the whole everybody has a price theory. But ive said it before and ill say again, in this pivotal season, I dont think David is as dispensable as people may think. 7 seasons with a hit rate like his cannot be discounted by age. His goals, and especially their relevance are going to be absolutely priceless this season. It's only a matter of time till you find out what im trying to say. This man is a guarantee. And that's something 22 m euros cannot necessarily provide.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
No, Juventus has had a long standing tradition, in the Moggi era anyway to suggest the whole everybody has a price theory. But ive said it before and ill say again, in this pivotal season, I dont think David is as dispensable as people may think. 7 seasons with a hit rate like his cannot be discounted by age. His goals, and especially their relevance are going to be absolutely priceless this season. It's only a matter of time till you find out what im trying to say. This man is a guarantee. And that's something 22 m euros cannot necessarily provide.
like i said, i am not for the idea of selling trez. But the prospect of selling him shouldn't be out of the question because every organization should be looking towards the future.

Yes, trez will be invaluable come this season/cl, I do not dissent that. But it doesn't hurt to consider how much money we can get for him and then how we can use that money to address team needs. That’s how the business works my friend, and the bottom line is that no player is "untouchable".

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
By Laporta comment so there is exactly that Trez is not leaving Juventus
If that happens so we'll see the combination of our great strikers including Trez.
And also Trez understanding with Giovinco is great.
I see two of them combine to make a good goal against Bologna (3-1) twp seasons ago

I agree that Trez is important in CL as he always make a good scoring record against Real Madrid
So Barca wants him before.

But i still don't agree that Trez is irreplaceable

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
By Laporta comment so there is exactly that Trez is not leaving Juventus
If that happens so we'll see the combination of our great strikers including Trez.
And also Trez understanding with Giovinco is great.
I see two of them combine to make a good goal against Bologna (3-1) twp seasons ago

I agree that Trez is important in CL as he always make a good scoring record against Real Madrid
So Barca wants him before.

But i still don't agree that Trez is irreplaceable
Then why don't you give us a damn name of who could replace him then.

And you better not provide us with Ruud van Nistelrooy, Didier Drogba, Samuel Eto'o, or fucking Ferenc Puskas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)