Daniele Rugani (76 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I bet you Pogba leaves before Ogbonna.

This club simply doesn't sell CB's very often.
i explained it to Alex already. we have 4 CBs + Caceres. when a new Cb arrives, one has to go as we have no need for 5 CBs AND Caceres. all three of Barzagli, Bonucci and Chiellini are better than Ogbonna so if Rugani comes back he is the one that should leave. its that simple

and Pogba is not leaving ofcourse

- - - Updated - - -

i don't think ogbonna did so bad when he was called up. cacares is not a cb in a back four so no need to compare them.
im sure he can play at CB no matter the formation

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
i explained it to Alex already. we have 4 CBs + Caceres. when a new Cb arrives, one has to go as we have no need for 5 CBs AND Caceres. all three of Barzagli, Bonucci and Chiellini are better than Ogbonna so if Rugani comes back he is the one that should leave. its that simple

Barzagli is a wild card. Juve has always had an Army of CB's and with his fitness being so much of an unknown PLUS Caceres is frequently injured.

Chiellni
Bonucci
Barzagli
Rugani
Caceres

Could easily go down by two with the injuries of Barzagli & Caceres.

Ogbonna will stay as a 4th or 5th backup and that's fine because he can play anywhere in the back of a 352 or even a LB if in an emergency. :tup:

Jul 20, 2012
Barzagli is a wild card. Juve has always had an Army of CB's and with his fitness being so much of an unknown PLUS Caceres is frequently injured.

Chiellni
Bonucci
Barzagli
Rugani
Caceres

Ogbonna will stay as a 4th or 5th backup and that's fine because he can play anywhere in the back of a 352 or even a LB if in an emergency. :tup:
I said the same thing

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Chiellni
Bonucci
Barzagli
Rugani
Caceres

so in a 25 player squad you would keep 5 CBs?

Chiellini and Bonucci are starting almost every game this season. Barzagli when he recovers can be a good rotation CB AT WORST. if one of our starting CBs gets injured we have 2 on the bench and Caceres as the last option. there is simply no need for an extra one in Ogbonna

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
yep. loaning him out again would be a mistake
If Rugani is in fact the "real deal" its going to be interesting to see who he displaces in he lineup or how playing them all in rotation will pan out.

Allegri is probably drooling for this summer:

-Rugani, Berardi, Zaza just to name a few.
-Maybe 100m richer to focus on his main weakness
-maybe Pogba stays and :beppe: pulls another rabbit out of a hat

:tuttosport:

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

no doubt about that :)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
so in a 25 player squad you would keep 5 CBs?

Chiellini and Bonucci are starting almost every game this season. Barzagli when he recovers can be a good rotation CB AT WORST. if one of our starting CBs gets injured we have 2 on the bench and Caceres as the last option. there is simply no need for an extra one in Ogbonna
Keep in mind Caceres almost always plays as a RB anymore. He and Licht share the right side.

Chiellini & Bonucci will probably start unless Barzagli comes off with a miracle and gets back to his old form and at his age who the hell knows? Rugani will certainly be mixed but like I said an injury to Barzagli and some yellow card suspensions we will need a 5th CB. Ogbonna stays.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep in mind Ogbonna is young enough to stay for quite some time at a reasonable salary. If we sell and buy an older replacement then we will only need to replace that person shortly thereafter.

- - - Updated - - -

I said the same thing
Then lets combine our powers.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
If Rugani is in fact the "real deal" its going to be interesting to see who he displaces in he lineup or how playing them all in rotation will pan out.

Allegri is probably drooling for this summer:

-Rugani, Berardi, Zaza just to name a few.
-Maybe 100m richer to focus on his main weakness
-maybe Pogba stays and :beppe: pulls another rabbit out of a hat

:tuttosport:
not maybe, for sure.

:beppe: gonna pull a :beppe: again

Cavani on loan :tuttosport:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
He did for Sevilla and did really well before rejoined us for the 2nd time

- - - Updated - - -

having 5 cbs especially when there is a squad limit for the champions league registration would be retarded, ogbonna should go whilst he is young, hopefully some other mug will think he has time to improve and takes him off our hands but the certainly won't get any better at Juve

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We all know Caceres can play as a CB but neither Conte nor Allegri seem to really want him there since he and Licht are doing so well sharing the right side.

- - - Updated - - -

And having 5 CB's assuming you need to register all of them for the CL doesn't make sense.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Keep in mind Caceres almost always plays as a RB anymore. He and Licht share the right side.

Chiellini & Bonucci will probably start unless Barzagli comes off with a miracle and gets back to his old form and at his age who the hell knows? Rugani will certainly be mixed but like I said an injury to Barzagli and some yellow card suspensions we will need a 5th CB. Ogbonna stays.

Keep in mind Ogbonna is young enough to stay for quite some time at a reasonable salary. If we sell and buy an older replacement then we will only need to replace that person shortly thereafter.
yep but keep in mind how much Licht plays over a season so Caceres surely can get some games at CB or LB too

i wouldnt call Barzagli getting back to his uual form a miracle. it will be hard to do so, i agree, but he is such a great player that it wouldnt surprise me if he comes back as if nothing ever happened. like King of Kings said, at 75% he is still on par with Bonucci at his best which he can make im sure.

lets say Barzagli gets injured again, one of our CBs gets a yellow, we still have Rugani AND in "worst case" Caceres too. i dont think we will get in a situation where 4 of our CBs get sidelined and we would need Ogbonna to start along with Caceres.

Barzagli will stay another season (or maybe two if he feels well) and after that we will need to find a new younger CB anyway. maybe loan out Ogbonna and bring him back after a season or two when Barzagli is gone. otherwise i cant see him staying

Then lets combine our powers.
you still stand no chance :strong:

- - - Updated - - -

We all know Caceres can play as a CB but neither Conte nor Allegri seem to really want him there since he and Licht are doing so well sharing the right side.

- - - Updated - - -

And having 5 CB's assuming you need to register all of them for the CL doesn't make sense.
Conte used him as a CB in a 3-5-2, Allegri too. so far there was no need to play him at CB in a 4 man backline but it could change in the future

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
I didn't want to throw the BonBon loyalists into a tizzy, but I was going to mention that in my previous post.

Although Ogbonna does need to worry about his place, the fact is they do need to have another left footed CB after Chiellini, especially if a 4 man defense is the backline of choice.

A 34 year old Barzagli will A) Have little to no value on the transfer market, and B) at 75% is still on par with Bonucci at his best.

If there were ever a time to cash in on Bonucci, it would be this summer. He is at that age where defenders can fetch good money on the open market. And to be part of a back line that have won 3 consecutive scudetti, closing in on a 4th, with so few goals conceded, other clubs notice that.

This is why i feel extremely confident that Rugani will not be part of another deal, or loaned out to another club. His composure and anticipation for a 20 year old is off the charts.

No, he's coming next season to fight for a place in the Starting XI.
Ogbonna has the same problem as coman. He needs more playing time to show his qualities but in the limited time he is given.bunu really hasnt, he's a good back up i guess but not really consistent.that why i think rugani is best choice for improve our defense.we have some problems in our defense position at this season in Serie A. our defense isnt good enough to progress to the CL. i also think we need to start seriously consider bringing in a replacement for Barzagli over the next season.he has 33 years old.How long is he going to be around? im glad about rugani.he will be added in the summer. We already own him.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Ogbonna has the same problem as coman. He needs more playing time to show his qualities but in the limited time he is given.bunu really hasnt, he's a good back up i guess but not really consistent.that why i think rugani is best choice for improve our defense.we have some problems in our defense position at this season in Serie A. our defense isnt good enough to progress to the CL. i also think we need to start seriously consider bringing in a replacement for Barzagli over the next season.he has 33 years old.How long is he going to be around? im glad about rugani.he will be added in the summer. We already own him.
Thats rubbish Ogbonna has been here long enough and played enough minutes and games to show us what he is about it's not like he only arrived in the summer like Coman. Id sooner bring mellberg or legrottaglie out of retirement than trust ogbonna on the pitch without having a brain fart moment

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
This is the same ogbonna who started against real madrid and was subbed off in the first half for being rubbish, he has had plenty of chances to show his worth, he has started enough games to show there is nothing more to this simple minded player. He is simply not good enough and with rugani coming in it makes no sense having 5 cbs not when we have a CL quota to meet on squad numbers. Rugani on the other hand has had a promising season both in Serie B and A, ogbonna didn't show much in Serie A with torino, his hype was based on his time in Serie B

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 15, Guests: 48)