Daniele Rugani (24 Viewers)

Jul 20, 2012
was bonucci at fault for Ogbonna's wayward pass against napoli which allowed Zapata clear through on goal?

Ogbonna was terribly out of position every time cesena attacked that says it all really
I simply said that Bonucci was at fault against Cesena, I don't see how u can even come to the conclusion that I am blaming Bonucci for everything.

/End discussion because its going no where

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I simply said that Bonucci was at fault against Cesena, I don't see how u can even come to the conclusion that I am blaming Bonucci for everything.

/End discussion because its going no where
I wasn't even talking about the first goal, you brought that up. What I said was that Ogbonna was terrible against cesena, his positioning was dreadful, his reading of the game just as bad so I'm talking about the full 90 mins plus his general performances since his arrival which you seem to think he's been great so far this season. the sooner ogbonna leaves the better

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
no it's called actually watching the game, ogbonna's positioning on the field was bloody awful and amateurish to say the least against cesena, how many times have we seen ogbonna have his concentration lapses and makes stupid decisions and blindly gives the ball away? He makes bonucci look like baresi he's that bad
He is either a LCB or a LB and many times he had to play in an awkward position in the back 3 at the right side where Barzagli or Caceres usually played because of injuries. Sure he made some mistakes but at the end of the day he did his job and certainly doesn't deserve the thoughtlessness you give him. He does well when called upon and its a good thing we have him in this team with the injuries we have had. :tup:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
He is either a LCB or a LB and many times he had to play in an awkward position in the back 3 at the right side where Barzagli or Caceres usually played because of injuries. Sure he made some mistakes but at the end of the day he did his job and certainly doesn't deserve the thoughtlessness you give him. He does well when called upon and its a good thing we have him in this team with the injuries we have had. :tup:
playing him on whatever side of defence is irrelevant, sometimes it even works to the defenders benefit as they in fact face their opponent on their stronger foot especially if the opposing player is cutting on the inside, any how it still bares no relevance to his distinct lack in concentration and generally poor positioning a relatively low work rate. He is quite frankly a poor defender and definitely not one that has shown any remote value for what the club paid for him or the promise that he was suppose to have. Any ways as I said I hope Rugani's arrival spells the end of ogbonna's time at Juve

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I hope you do realize that Ogbonna wont be losing a place in this team. He has been great when called upon, rugani will ultimately occupy Barzaglis spot in this club.
Ogbonna shall go

- - - Updated - - -

hes not bad but he is our 4th best CB and when Rugani gets here Ogbonna will leave...

Jul 20, 2012
Caceres is seen as a rb, so our cbs are barzagli, bonucci, chiellini, ogbonna, and rugani. We do not know how Barzagli will turn out and how many more years he has. Ogbonna is staying, there is no reason he should leave.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
we have 4 CBs + Caceres. since we dont need 5 CBs (+ Caceres) this means one arrives, one leaves. who is the one that should leave of the 4 we have? Ogbonna

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
ogbonna should leave for the simple basis he is not good enough or reliable enough to play for Juve be it as a 4th defender or 14th defender. If he was remotely decent he'd be playing for Italy still, he's not even considered a reserve any more no coincidence that the likes of paletta and astori (neither of them I rate neither) have displaced ogbonna in recent times

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
ogbonna played pretty decent this year. Specially if you take in line that he has to come on without proper games in his legs. I don't mind him being around next season. hopefully rugani will be playing much. I am curious how barza will be next year but i won't depend on him.
So bonbon (rather see him leave), chiello, ogbonna and rugani is a nice pairs of cb.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Lulz all round. He is definitely the one who should be worried about being here next season.
The more I see of Ogbonna the more I ask myself what the hell was i so excited for about him coming to Juve.

What bothers me, especially in the Cesena match, is that he doesn't hustle. For a defender who is/was known for his athleticism, that is appalling to me.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
I don't understand this Ogbonna criticism either. IMO Bonucci is a bigger liability and scoring goals or making through passes doesn't make up for it at all. In my world a CB is pure defending, especially if you play with a deep lying playmaker like Pirlo or Marchisio. Ogbonna is never overrun BC he's the fastest man alive after Ursain Bolt, and given his age he's still to peak just like Barzagli did it once he turned 29. I'd rather make some money on BonBon and bring in Rugani as potential replacement.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I don't understand this Ogbonna criticism either. IMO Bonucci is a bigger liability and scoring goals or making through passes doesn't make up for it at all. In my world a CB is pure defending, especially if you play with a deep lying playmaker like Pirlo or Marchisio. Ogbonna is never overrun BC he's the fastest man alive after Ursain Bolt, and given his age he's still to peak just like Barzagli did it once he turned 29. I'd rather make some money on BonBon and bring in Rugani as potential replacement.
I didn't want to throw the BonBon loyalists into a tizzy, but I was going to mention that in my previous post.

Although Ogbonna does need to worry about his place, the fact is they do need to have another left footed CB after Chiellini, especially if a 4 man defense is the backline of choice.

A 34 year old Barzagli will A) Have little to no value on the transfer market, and B) at 75% is still on par with Bonucci at his best.

If there were ever a time to cash in on Bonucci, it would be this summer. He is at that age where defenders can fetch good money on the open market. And to be part of a back line that have won 3 consecutive scudetti, closing in on a 4th, with so few goals conceded, other clubs notice that.

This is why i feel extremely confident that Rugani will not be part of another deal, or loaned out to another club. His composure and anticipation for a 20 year old is off the charts.

No, he's coming next season to fight for a place in the Starting XI.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
ogbonna played pretty decent this year. Specially if you take in line that he has to come on without proper games in his legs. I don't mind him being around next season. hopefully rugani will be playing much. I am curious how barza will be next year but i won't depend on him.
So bonbon (rather see him leave), chiello, ogbonna and rugani is a nice pairs of cb.
He's played more times than Caceres this season yet caceres still looks like the better player, so this idea of Ogbonna not getting a proper run of games is flawed as is the 'he has been playing out of position' argument that has been flying about. Seriously there can be no excuses made for his lack of effort, awareness, concentration and athleticism in conclusion he is not worth what we paid for him and with Rugani coming in Ogbonna should be the one to leave in his place

- - - Updated - - -

The more I see of Ogbonna the more I ask myself what the hell was i so excited for about him coming to Juve.

What bothers me, especially in the Cesena match, is that he doesn't hustle. For a defender who is/was known for his athleticism, that is appalling to me.
His hype was based on his time with torino in serie B, he was ravaged with injuries when torino went to Serie A and even then he was nothing special, it was a poor signing and the sad part is we'll never see a return on what we paid for him.

If he was really that good, even for a back up then ask yourselves why the likes of astori and paletta (who we all like to mock) have been picked ahead of him for the national side? and quite rightly so

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
He's played more times than Caceres this season yet caceres still looks like the better player, so this idea of Ogbonna not getting a proper run of games is flawed as is the 'he has been playing out of position' argument that has been flying about. Seriously there can be no excuses made for his lack of effort, awareness, concentration and athleticism in conclusion he is not worth what we paid for him and with Rugani coming in Ogbonna should be the one to leave in his place

- - - Updated - - -

His hype was based on his time with torino in serie B, he was ravaged with injuries when torino went to Serie A and even then he was nothing special, it was a poor signing and the sad part is we'll never see a return on what we paid for him.

If he was really that good, even for a back up then ask yourselves why the likes of astori and paletta (who we all like to mock) have been picked ahead of him for the national side? and quite rightly so
i don't think ogbonna did so bad when he was called up. cacares is not a cb in a back four so no need to compare them.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
So you think he had a good game against cesena? The games when he hasn't looked so clumsy are the ones when he has had relatively nothing else to do, that doesn't mean to say he is reliable.

Doesn't matter whether Caceres is a CB or not your argument was based on the number of minutes and matches played to consistency and over all performance. Caceres is the perfect example of a player who wen called upon is actually decent if not good that is the difference between him and ogbonna. Caceres has played in a back 3 (a system he was unfamiliar with before he joined Juve) again with positive results and if you want to argue about Caceres in a back 4 then again look at his performance for sevilla before he rejoined us. Sorry but you're beginning to clutch straws here

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
WΏΏdy?;4832103 said:
Just bring him back, i dont care who he benches just bring him back.
@zizinho @Aush @Bianconero_Aus

We are bringing him back. We bought up outright in January. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)