Dani Alves (13 Viewers)

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Bad substitute from Allegri. Lichtsteiner had Perisic in his backpocket. Dani Alves came on and was the highest player on the pitch besides Higuain. Het let Perisic ran two times in full freedom over the left wing. Dani Alves was still on opponents side...
No, he hadn't. All the danger, except the set pieces, came from the right side. Alves hadn't impress though and I really doubt he will, looks too soft.

OP
Bianconero_Aus

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
  • Thread Starter #784
    I think he should and will be our starting RB soon, but last night wasn't the sort of game to through him straight into after ~10 weeks out. Dude needs to also learn to chill a bit and not play right next to Higuain :D

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
    May 26, 2016
    I thought he was fairly decent today. Had some misplaced passes in first half, but who would not after such a long time on the sidelines?

Second half he got involved offensively, and delivered a great cross to asamoah that in the end led to Mandzukic scoring.

I think he just needs some more grinta and fix his "vacation mode" attitude.

There is definitely still a good player in him.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    The thing with Dani Alves is that he's always been a maverick kind of player, it's difficult to imagine how much you could coach into him at this point.

Evra always said about how much he learned with Juve in his short spell, but with Dani Alves he still imagines himself as this marauding wide player who will join every attack. I'm not sure it's in his DNA to be an authentic right back or wing back, and I'm also not certain whether Allegri is even trying to reign him in much. In games where the opposition is pinned back he seems to be allowed to do whatever he wants, which is fair enough.

I think once he gets used to the movements of the team he'll be more useful, but you have to make smarter passes in Serie A than you do in Spain.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    I don't get why we are beefing up the left with a Kolasinac type signing when we have studs like AS and ASA locking that flank down, coz ASA is back. While on the right we have a more pressing need, with the likes of an ageing Licht and a clueless Dani.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    I don't get why we are beefing up the left with a Kolasinac type signing when we have studs like AS and ASA locking that flank down, coz ASA is back. While on the right we have a more pressing need, with the likes of an ageing Licht and a clueless Dani.
    What is the Kolasinac type?

We are after Kolasinac because he is free and Asa has been too injury prone last 3 years to rely on him. Selling Asamoah and getting a younger (and better) LB for free is good business from our side, if we manage to do it

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Is Kolasinac really better than the Asa of the past few games though?

I could definitely understand the deal regardless, but still.
    I barely seen Kolasinac, but I would not trust Asa despite good job recently, and much rather sign a proper backup LB and use Asa as a ulity option for all wide positions and CM. Or Sell, despite valiant service, but its not hard to improve on him with opportunity like this so we should.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)