Dani Alves (13 Viewers)

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Players leaving, or asking to leave? If we think about the most important five or six players who have left it is all for differing reasons. Ultimately if a player wants to leave I don't have a problem with them going. The issue is that the timing is not always great.

After all, our ex-coach left in the worst circumstances of all. Is the grass greener elsewhere? Very few places. Maybe the money is greener but in the Dani Alves case I'm only sad to lose his talent on the field. He got a better deal elsewhere, and if it is a longer contract then fine. Keeping a character and high profile veteran like that bouncing off the walls for a year as some kind of punishment isn't helping anyone.
Both, but mainly the latter part. I'm not looking at Llorente, Tevez, Pirlo and even this piece of shit of a human being kinda transfers. Vidal, Pogba and now very possibly Alex Sandro (and hopefully not Bonucci too), who were/are one of the best players in our squad all asked to leave. Do they see us as a stepping stone to other clubs? Is the fact we can't seem to win jack shit in Europe a factor? How content would you be as a top player winning Serie A every year? I doubt money is an issue (bar Pogba maybe), as we're capable of offering very good wages.

Big Bang

Mar 12, 2012
Both, but mainly the latter part. I'm not looking at Llorente, Tevez, Pirlo and even this piece of $#@! of a human being kinda transfers. Vidal, Pogba and now very possibly Alex Sandro (and hopefully not Bonucci too), who were/are one of the best players in our squad all asked to leave. Do they see us as a stepping stone to other clubs? Is the fact we can't seem to win jack $#@! in Europe a factor? How content would you be as a top player winning Serie A every year? I doubt money is an issue (bar Pogba maybe), as we're capable of offering very good wages.
You want to solve all these problems? You want to keep these world class players from wanting to leave? The solution is so simple: get them a manager they respect. A manager they believe can outsmart and outclass the best in Europe. Our players leave either directly or indirectly because of Allegri and his inability to win CL.

I genuinely like Allegri, he's an extremely likable character, but we've had a world class squad for about 4 years and nothing to show for it. This team could almost LITERLALY win Serie A without a manager, Buffon can just pick a starting XI every week and we're at least guaranteed top 3 positions. The domestic dominance won't last forever, and if you think the floodgates of players leaving are open now, wait until we start losing the league.

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
You want to solve all these problems? You want to keep these world class players from wanting to leave? The solution is so simple: get them a manager they respect. A manager they believe can outsmart and outclass the best in Europe. Our players leave either directly or indirectly because of Allegri and his inability to win CL.

I genuinely like Allegri, he's an extremely likable character, but we've had a world class squad for about 4 years and nothing to show for it. This team could almost LITERLALY win Serie A without a manager, Buffon can just pick a starting XI every week and we're at least guaranteed top 3 positions. The domestic dominance won't last forever, and if you think the floodgates of players leaving are open now, wait until we start losing the league.
"inability to win CL", he got us to two finals in 2 years where we were outdone by teams who simply had better (more complete) squads than us, the players lost it in the second half. How is that Allegri's fault?

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Could it be he chose to join us because we offered him a clause in his contract that he could move if he wanted to? I mean he was hot property when on the marked. Could have easily joined up with every single PL club and got a much better contract. Maybe he chose us because we offered him something more in terms of freedom and that philosophy of not holding on to players against their will? Letting him go now is a signal to other players in his situation that they can join us without fear. He's old for a footballer and I can understand if he wants to try the PL before he retires. Even if I hate to see this happening. Trying to make sense of it all here

Big Bang

Mar 12, 2012
"inability to win CL", he got us to two finals in 2 years where we were outdone by teams who simply had better (more complete) squads than us, the players lost it in the second half. How is that Allegri's fault?
We can argue back and forth about this for days and get nowhere - it doesn't matter. Know what matters? What the players think. Vidal, Pogba, and Alves are all players who don't/didn't think Juventus was capable of winning CL under Allegri.

You said both teams had more "complete squads", and I agree with you. We can't have a completely world-class squad if our world-class players keep leaving, and say what you will about the character of those three (or Sandro if he leaves) but they're all world-class players. If they don't believe in an Allegri-led CL project, then what you or I think about Allegri doesn't matter.

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
We can argue back and forth about this for days and get nowhere - it doesn't matter. Know what matters? What the players think. Vidal, Pogba, and Alves are all players who don't/didn't think Juventus was capable of winning CL under Allegri.

You said both teams had more "complete squads", and I agree with you. We can't have a completely world-class squad if our world-class players keep leaving, and say what you will about the character of those three (or Sandro if he leaves) but they're all world-class players. If they don't believe in an Allegri-led CL project, then what you or I think about Allegri doesn't matter.
Not trying to argue here, but I have no idea what goes on in that changing room between the players and Allegri. Although there have been times this season, where some of the players showed signs of disdain towards Allegri.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Coaches who have won the CL the past 10 years, in no particular order

Zidane
Enrique
Heynckes
DiMatteo
Mourinho
Ferguson
Ancelotti

Out of that list, who are you taking? Considering that 2 of the coaches are retired, 2 are unattainable (Ancelotti, Zidane). You state that we can't win the CL under Allegri, and you might be correct in that. With that being said, who out there could take us to the promised land?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Zidane
Enrique
Heynckes
DiMatteo
Mourinho
Ferguson
Ancelotti

Out of that list, who are you taking? Considering that 2 of the coaches are retired, 2 are unattainable (Ancelotti, Zidane). You state that we can't win the CL under Allegri, and you might be correct in that. With that being said, who out there could take us to the promised land?
It is not entirely in the coach's hands. If I am to analyse what happened in the final so it was obvious that we lacked depth, something we have always thought that we have. We do but only for Serie A, for the CL, we need another kind of depth. This depth that is needed for the CL does not come by selling a great player every summer.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It is not entirely in the coach's hands. If I am to analyse what happened in the final so it was obvious that we lacked depth, something we have always thought that we have. We do but only for Serie A, for the CL, we need another kind of depth. This depth that is needed for the CL does not come by selling a great player every summer.
Anyone with half a brain knew that they were going to run into a brick wall at some point. You can't play the same 4 day in and day out and not expect a collapse. But this season has to be different. If they go and sell Sandro, then unless they get a true, quality LB, then we are stuck tinkering with the formation again.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Anyone with half a brain knew that they were going to run into a brick wall at some point. You can't play the same 4 day in and day out and not expect a collapse. But this season has to be different. If they go and sell Sandro, then unless they get a true, quality LB, then we are stuck tinkering with the formation again.
Obviously, we will most probably find something that works by January/February where it is too late to buy the right players for it. Rinse and repeat.

Big Bang

Mar 12, 2012

Zidane
Enrique
Heynckes
DiMatteo
Mourinho
Ferguson
Ancelotti

1) You forgot Guardiola from that list.

2) It doesn't have to be someone on that list. I wouldn't want Heynckes, Di Matteo (obviously), or Luis Enrique anyways. Someone like Simeone would work too. I'm not saying we need someone who is a proven CL winner, at this point I'll settle for someone who can offer a compelling project that players would believe in. Even Spalletti with his horrendous CL record is more attractive than Allegri in that sense.

3) Mourinho was available before he went to Manchester last year - we could have gotten him then if we wanted to.

Big Bang

Mar 12, 2012
Why do we sell a great player every summer? Why does a great player want to leave every summer?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
1) You forgot Guardiola from that list.

2) It doesn't have to be someone on that list. I wouldn't want Heynckes, Di Matteo (obviously), or Luis Enrique anyways. Someone like Simeone would work too. I'm not saying we need someone who is a proven CL winner, at this point I'll settle for someone who can offer a compelling project that players would believe in. Even Spalletti with his horrendous CL record is more attractive than Allegri in that sense.

3) Mourinho was available before he went to Manchester last year - we could have gotten him then if we wanted to.
Guardiola. I knew I forgot someone.

How is Spalletti more attractive than Allegri? With all respect due, that makes no sense at all, man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)