Cyberpunk 2077 (1 Viewer)

OP
Sheik Yerbouti
Apr 15, 2006
  • Thread Starter #82
    They did explain that they need more time to test the game on a total of 9 platforms and that they underestimated how long it'll take. 3 extra weeks is fine imo. Irritating, but fine.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

OP
    Sheik Yerbouti
    Apr 15, 2006
  • Thread Starter #85
    six week from now it could be 3 months
    I sure hope not. People were already losing their shit when this delay was announced. We'll have WW3 if this gets delayed again.

https://www.vg247.com/2020/10/28/cyberpunk-2077-ps4-xbox-one-to-blame-delay/

“This situation is different compared to previous changes to the deadline,” the developer said. “The game for PC is ready and plays well on next-gen consoles and the company is finalizing the process concerning current-gen consoles.”

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    They did explain that they need more time to test the game on a total of 9 platforms and that they underestimated how long it'll take. 3 extra weeks is fine imo. Irritating, but fine.

It sucks but I always prefer a delay as opposed to a rushed game

Is this game releasing a physical disk copy on ps5 as well or do we need to buy the ps4 version?

OP
    Sheik Yerbouti
    Apr 15, 2006
  • Thread Starter #92
    So it seems to me like when the same was initially in development, it was aimed at current gen consoles, but after the first set of delays, the game became a next gen title, which meant that it would be CPU-limited on the current gen consoles, thus needing more optimization on it while it runs fine on PC and next gen consoles.

As for which condone version to buy, I think you can get the PS4 version which should work on PS5 in compatibility mode, and it'll get a next gen upgrade for free anyway in a few months.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    So it seems to me like when the same was initially in development, it was aimed at current gen consoles, but after the first set of delays, the game became a next gen title, which meant that it would be CPU-limited on the current gen consoles, thus needing more optimization on it while it runs fine on PC and next gen consoles.

As for which condone version to buy, I think you can get the PS4 version which should work on PS5 in compatibility mode, and it'll get a next gen upgrade for free anyway in a few months.

Thanks mate!

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    I can't believe in October that developers are still looking at releasing games as current-gen only. Surely by now they should be next-gen with a port. No, two versions.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    I can't believe in October that developers are still looking at releasing games as current-gen only. Surely by now they should be next-gen with a port. No, two versions.
    The game was supposed to released April, thats why it was current gen only. The reason they do all this extra work besides the usual game optimisation, is because they changed it to next gen game for the reasons you mentioned.

OP
    Sheik Yerbouti
    Apr 15, 2006
  • Thread Starter #96
    I don't think that's a reasonable ask, considering most of them are WFH or with lots of constraints due to covid, and due to the huge differences in hardware between current and next gen. The fact that there's a huge jump in CPU and GPU power mandates 2 versions. Most devs are going down the current gen release followed by a next gen upgrade, so CDPR are probably the first to break that despite announcing earlier that they'll release a next gen upgrade later too. I hope this 3 extra weeks is the last they'll need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)