Cyberpunk 2077 (2 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
:agree: Most modern RPGs have a character depth of the Marvel movies and overall boring cookie-cutter stuff. Maybe Obsidian games, especially Tyranny, are decent.
But Arcanum and VTMB from Troika games, damn. Both flawed gems, but I take any time over almost anything.
i have vtmb and pillars of eternity and tyranny to play. which one should i go for? i am going to wait 2-4 weeks to play cyberpunk to give them time to patch the game.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
i have vtmb and pillars of eternity and tyranny to play. which one should i go for? i am going to wait 2-4 weeks to play cyberpunk to give them time to patch the game.
In terms of atmosphere, characters and replayability vtmb is one of the best ever. Maybe Fallout 1 & 2 and Arcanum are better. Give it a try. Source Engine is buggy as hell and graphics are very outdated. Also, install fans patch, it fixes most of the bugs. It might feel to much to do just to play a game, but in my book it's totally worth it.
Tyranny is great, albeit a little short. PoE is your generic "let's make a new Baldurs Gate" from Obsydian, it's good, but a little blend imo.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I haven’t played much but my initial thoughts are that it seems they downgraded the shit out of those graphics on ps4. It’s nothing like the old gameplay videos. Also the city gives me a boxy Vampire the masquerade/fallout vibe, should be swarming with people but it’s empty as Fuck. I drove for a bit and the driving mechanics didn’t really feel polished, combat was fine though.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
When is driving ever good in these games? It always sucks. How long is GTA around and it's still shit.
GTA’s driving is still way more polished than this but it doesn’t really bother me. What bothers me is the emptiness in the world. A huge damn metropolis and you barely see any cars, there’s no traffic. Not nearly enough people and the little there is sometimes will magically pop in from nowhere right in front of you. It absolutely kills the immersion.

Now I know why it was delayed a hundred times. They had to get rid of everything that was in that demo video. The most realistic living city my ass.

Coming from playing two gorgeous games in Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima graphically it’s a disappointment. I do hope though it’s just a matter of the last gen tech not being able to handle it and the new consoles version will show it’s full potential

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
GTA’s driving is still way more polished than this but it doesn’t really bother me. What bothers me is the emptiness in the world. A huge damn metropolis and you barely see any cars, there’s no traffic. Not nearly enough people and the little there is sometimes will magically pop in from nowhere right in front of you. It absolutely kills the immersion.

Now I know why it was delayed a hundred times. They had to get rid of everything that was in that demo video. The most realistic living city my ass.

Coming from playing two gorgeous games in Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima graphically it’s a disappointment. I do hope though it’s just a matter of the last gen tech not being able to handle it and the new consoles version will show it’s full potential
good. if i can't enjoy it, you aren't allowed either.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

That's my guess also.

Tbh I didn't expect it to be like in the demos anyway - not on the old consoles.

Last edited:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

[/QUOTE]

joking aside that is why i am going to wait between 2 weeks to maybe even 6 months to play

gives me chance to play some other games i have while they fix the bugs for PS4 pro....and maybe gives me chance to find a PS5 to upgrade.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Post your character appearances, this is mine (I call him Takeshi Kovacs :D):

20201210_182529.jpg

I spent VERY long time in character creation LOL, like hours (a near solid hour just agonizing over what points to put in between body, intelligence, reflexes, tech and cool :D).

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Eyebrow piercings are gay :snoop:

You need to see how everyone looks in game, "super gheeeeeeeeeeeeey" I have to fit in my man :rofl: This is the most butch I could make him, while remaining contemporary enough for the masses lol.

And dont be shy people, post your character appearances :D

P.S If you playing on ps4, turn off all the graphics to lower demanding one, it will make it way more seamless experience (until they patch it up).

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I haven’t played much but my initial thoughts are that it seems they downgraded the shit out of those graphics on ps4. It’s nothing like the old gameplay videos. Also the city gives me a boxy Vampire the masquerade/fallout vibe, should be swarming with people but it’s empty as Fuck. I drove for a bit and the driving mechanics didn’t really feel polished, combat was fine though.
This is precisely why I bought it for the PC, cant wait to try it out tonight, been busy with Wow the last couple of nights so i'll finally see what the hype/fuss is all about.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
This is precisely why I bought it for the PC, cant wait to try it out tonight, been busy with Wow the last couple of nights so i'll finally see what the hype/fuss is all about.
From what I’ve been reading it’s not so different on pc, the world is still empty as fuck.

Man, I really thought cd projekt red was one of the last good guys out there. This shit was obviously pushed to be released when it’s nowhere near complete. While the missions can be fun its basically a “better” Fallout

This is what they said a while ago:

The Cyberpunk 2077 and Witcher 3 developers stated that the 1,000+ NPCs each have their own "hand-made" routine
A "hand-made" routine could mean anything from washing clothes or visiting different locations at certain times, to simply rocking in a chair for the entire day.
And while The Wicher 3's world by no means feels lifeless, having a large number of hand-tailored NPCs in a smaller environment would be an improvement to the overall feel of the world.

Suuuure :lol: apart from being dumb af it seems they used the same models all over the city. You’ll find this same Asian middle aged woman with rounded glasses in every street

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
:lol: apart from being dumb af it seems they used the same models all over the city. You’ll find this same Asian middle aged woman with rounded glasses in every street
Racist. You just can't tell em apart. Be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Looks a BIT like a fail though tbh :lol:

Current gen is kind of an excuse, but not really If you compare it to how GTA and Horizon run on it, and they old at this point.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)