Cristiano Ronaldo (66 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
results on pitch show signing ronaldo was a mistake?

ronaldo make allegri choose bad tactics now? ronaldo has been gone two seasons now. can you explain how ronaldo is affecting allegri not being able to create a coherent passing system?

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Funny how our results on the pitch show the exact opposite. :grin:

Oh well, at least we're not still suffering financially from this deal.

No, wait ... :sigh:
ronaldo did well here. it's not his fault that the club completely ruined the midfield behind him with somehow expensive freebies and questionable plusvalenza motivated swap deals. inda signed barella, we signed ramsey. milan signed tonali, we signed arthur. roma have a starter in spina, we have a player playing for frankfurt. etc

yeah, we could have spent the ronaldo money more wisely. but that applies to almost every single penny the club spent on players in the last 4-5 summer windows. in my book ronaldo was way too expensive, he still did his job.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
ronaldo did well here. it's not his fault that the club completely ruined the midfield behind him with somehow expensive freebies and questionable plusvalenza motivated swap deals. inda signed barella, we signed ramsey. milan signed tonali, we signed arthur. roma have a starter in spina, we have a player playing for frankfurt. etc

yeah, we could have spent the ronaldo money more wisely. but that applies to almost every single penny the club spent on players in the last 4-5 summer windows. in my book ronaldo was way too expensive, he still did his job.
i have a question. did ronaldo make the club sign douglas costa, berna, de sigligo, bonucci second time?

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
He is living a nightmare at the moment. Clearly doesn’t get along with the coach and isn’t able to cope. I’d be pissed too if I were him and believed I’ve still got it. They didn’t start him when he’s scored a Hatrick the last time they played Spurs at old trafford.
He can probably still score tons of goals if he was on good terms with the coach and team but his public sulking will only make matters worse for him

Oct 23, 2011
He brought this on himself by skipping 75% of the preseason and going back to manchester in the first place. He could have still thrived here, scoring 20+ goals and playing in the CL.

His decision to go back to Manchester ended up being fatal for his career.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
He is living a nightmare at the moment. Clearly doesn’t get along with the coach and isn’t able to cope. I’d be pissed too if I were him and believed I’ve still got it. They didn’t start him when he’s scored a Hatrick the last time they played Spurs at old trafford.
He can probably still score tons of goals if he was on good terms with the coach and team but his public sulking will only make matters worse for him
He was a bitch in the first place and skipped preseason to whore himself out to other clubs.

United are doing well to bench him. His attacking play/goal production doesn't justify contributing nothing in defense.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He was a bitch in the first place and skipped preseason to whore himself out to other clubs.

United are doing well to bench him. His attacking play/goal production doesn't justify contributing nothing in defense.

This is where the real issue is.

I'm not saying Ronaldo could still score 40 goals a season like he did before, but he was still a world class striker last season. You don't go from that to nothing in the course of a few months. It is obvious though that at that age training and mentality are more important than ever. Unfortunately it seems like he doesn't have that same drive anymore. After scoring 700 career goals and winning pretty much everything he could win apart from the World Cup while earning pretty much a billion dollars, I can't really blame him either. If I were him, I'd just quit tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

He can only blame himself, but he probably won't.
I definitely don't think Ten Hag deserves all the praise he's getting though.

Ronaldo was an easy target and Ten Hag used him to make himself look strong. It works, because his players have zero life experience and are idiots anyway. Try stuff like this in the real world with intelligent people and you're kicked out of whatever company you were in in two seconds flat.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I’d say he still has the same drive, but that also means he’s living under some kind of delusion. He’s not the player he was 5-6 years ago, but he still think so mentally it seems

Also this obsession of his with the CL numbers doesn’t do him any good, he doesn’t seem to care much about the clubs/contract he signs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)