Cristiano Ronaldo (209 Viewers)

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
My summary:
-€400M isn’t to cover COVID losses. It’s to replace the €300M from 2019 which was burned up by Covid. Those funds were to be used as part of a 5 year plan (2019-2024) to fund a growth strategy.
-The total expected impact from covid is €320M from 2019-2022, so in theory this injection should provide for €380M in funds to be invested into the growth project. This is enough to pay off all of Juventus’ net debt (€350M)…it’s a shit load of cash. And it’s going to be used to grow the club not pay off their debt because Juventus usually maintains debt around those levels.

-Ronaldo leaving a year early for a transfer fee in the icing on the cake. The company would expense €90M (€60M cash from his gross wages + €30M in amortization) related to Ronaldo. That essentially disappears, lowering Juve’s cost base by €90M
-Juve’s wage bill is about €310M right now. Ronaldo was being paid €60M…that is considerable relief. Wage bill drops to €250M. Revenues will also recover somewhat this year as people are allowed back into Stadiums.

- the key is that Ronaldo didn’t provide Juventus with growth decree benefits. By electing to have his foreign income at $100k, his salary couldn’t be taxed at the lower level in conjunction with the growth decree (where 50% of income is taxable). The result? €60m in gross wages yielded €35M net. If Juve replace him with a foreign star(s), they would be able to pay €47M in net wages out of the same €60M gross.

The result: my belief is by year end, we’ll be swimming in cash. We can totally afford Haaland. Don’t think small because remember that original €300M in 2019 was to buy the next Ronaldo. Juve will try for Haaland. Perhaps they fail. But I promise they try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's great and all but we have to keep in my mind that Haaland will basically pick a club he wants and if this happens he will prefer to play with likes of MbappE, Ronaldo or Neymar, or the club who was wastly successful lately

Buy on AliExpress.com

rainhard

May 5, 2004
It's great and all but we have to keep in my mind that Haaland will basically pick a club he wants and if this happens he will prefer to play with likes of MbappE, Ronaldo or Neymar, or the club who was wastly successful lately
If he thinks that he still need some stepping stone before the big moves (as he still 22 next year), we will be the perfect place for him looking at our core young players. Maybe the leap will happen at 25 for him. Given our great relationship with Raiola, that is seems doable. and we will be just okay to slap some 150m+ release clause in his contract, no problemo

I will pray day and night for God to put us in his heart

Mar 3, 2014
Of course it depends on the player but they'll try for sure. point is juve will be a great position financially to make huge moves in the next 12 months!

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
My summary:
-€400M isn’t to cover COVID losses. It’s to replace the €300M from 2019 which was burned up by Covid. Those funds were to be used as part of a 5 year plan (2019-2024) to fund a growth strategy.
-The total expected impact from covid is €320M from 2019-2022, so in theory this injection should provide for €380M in funds to be invested into the growth project. This is enough to pay off all of Juventus’ net debt (€350M)…it’s a shit load of cash. And it’s going to be used to grow the club not pay off their debt because Juventus usually maintains debt around those levels.

-Ronaldo leaving a year early for a transfer fee in the icing on the cake. The company would expense €90M (€60M cash from his gross wages + €30M in amortization) related to Ronaldo. That essentially disappears, lowering Juve’s cost base by €90M
-Juve’s wage bill is about €310M right now. Ronaldo was being paid €60M…that is considerable relief. Wage bill drops to €250M. Revenues will also recover somewhat this year as people are allowed back into Stadiums.

- the key is that Ronaldo didn’t provide Juventus with growth decree benefits. By electing to have his foreign income at $100k, his salary couldn’t be taxed at the lower level in conjunction with the growth decree (where 50% of income is taxable). The result? €60m in gross wages yielded €35M net. If Juve replace him with a foreign star(s), they would be able to pay €47M in net wages out of the same €60M gross.

The result: my belief is by year end, we’ll be swimming in cash. We can totally afford Haaland. Don’t think small because remember that original €300M in 2019 was to buy the next Ronaldo. Juve will try for Haaland. Perhaps they fail. But I promise they try.

Thank you for your analysis, always appreciated :tup:

So we have one more year of struggling, then back to business.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
My summary:

I am surprised that tax exemption was not used in payment of Ronaldo salary do you know about de Ligt or Ramsey salary are they covered in the new tax law

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
My summary:

:delpiero:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
My summary:

Nicely broken down amigo

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Being a legend is not just about the numbers you put up. It’s about embodying the Juve spirit, connecting with the fans and loving the club. Ronaldo showed with his abrupt departure that he never really cared for the club or for the fans.
Which is my Simone Padoin will be more highly regarded than CR7 by many Juve fans.
Its a job man and he did it well while he was here. The club failed with its other transfers and coaching choices. Agnelli and co didn't do a good job the last 3 years not Ronaldo.

I don't understand how folks in a team sport like Football can pin the blame for our decline on the one player who has been scoring ~30 Goals for the last 3 years, and not the management that has hired bad coaches and bought a series of bad players in the same period.

Thus far Beppe Marotta has proved to be the best of the bunch.

Mar 3, 2014
I am surprised that tax exemption was not used in payment of Ronaldo salary do you know about de Ligt or Ramsey salary are they covered in the new tax law
Those are. Ronaldo’s wasn’t. He makes so much from foreign income so taking the €100k flat tax on foreign earnings made more sense. Since you can’t have both tax benefits, Juve had to pay him a full gross since he is taxed regularly on domestic earnings. But for the others: De Ligt and Ramsey both benefit from the growth decree.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Ronaldo's stay was magical. I enjoyed the 'Siuuus' every time he scored and his performances. However, he did not achieve what he brought to do; the CL. For this reason, he cannot be a Juventus legend. Tevez on the other hand felt more like a legend because he dragged us all the way to the CL final back in 2015. Not that I am blaming Ronaldo or saying Tevez is better.
My personal criteria is that legends of the game, shall automatically considered legends of every club they played for no matter the achievements or duration in a particular club. But that's just me.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
If he thinks that he still need some stepping stone before the big moves (as he still 22 next year), we will be the perfect place for him looking at our core young players. Maybe the leap will happen at 25 for him. Given our great relationship with Raiola, that is seems doable. and we will be just okay to slap some 150m+ release clause in his contract, no problemo

I will pray day and night for God to put us in his heart
This dude just said Juventus is a stepping stone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 193)