Cristiano Ronaldo (69 Viewers)

singus

Sep 22, 2020
CR7 fanboys campaigning for legend status on Tuz :lol:
You sound dumb af now. If you refer to me, then Im far from a Ronaldo fanboy. But objectively speaking, its hard to see what the fuck he could have done better in his 3 seasons here. Would any striker have been able to produce more? Did Trezeguet have 3 consecutive better seasons, on a team with Sarri, Pirlo and a bad Allegri year, no midfield support? Hard to imagine anyone doing a better job. Looking at his stats here, his output is probably better than all strikers we had.

Buy on AliExpress.com

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Why rookie section? The arguments are missing. Sounds like we have some butthurt fans. He offered 120% till last minute and what do we REALLY know about the timelines and when he uttered his wish to leave and how he did so. For all we know and have seen over the last 5-6 years, our management have sucked with transfers and planning, so its more likely them to have messed up once again.

Regarding his legacy being forgotten, then its probably just wishful thinking of you. His period will most likely be remembered and talked more about, than half of our current club legends. His output was among the bests here, and simply having had the top 3 player of all time if not THE best, is something that will be remembered by many people. I dont really understand what more we could expect from Ronaldo, I would say he did his part, he believed in us and the project, but the project shattered and we fell far behind the competition. Its childish to get butthurt and blame it on Ronaldo. The club failed to convert and now we have a lot of work to do to get back to where we belong.
Being a legend is not just about the numbers you put up. It’s about embodying the Juve spirit, connecting with the fans and loving the club. Ronaldo showed with his abrupt departure that he never really cared for the club or for the fans.
Which is why Simone Padoin will be more highly regarded than CR7 by many Juve fans.

Last edited:

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Being a legend is not just about the numbers you put up. It’s about embodying the Juve spirit, connecting with the fans and loving the club. Ronaldo showed with his abrupt departure that he never really cared for the club or for the fans.
Which is my Simone Padoin will be more highly regarded than CR7 by many Juve fans.
Yep, fair enough, that its a lot about how likeable a player is.

But for Padoin, joining Juventus is also the utmost he can accomplish in his career (and ever got close to). Ronaldo is a player on another level, coming from consecutive CL wins. He has completely different ambitions and expectations. The personal sacrifices he MIGHT have made on a sporting level (not talking monetarily) by staying here 3 seasons and enduring Sarri and Pirlo!?, one can argue that they are at the level of the "sacrifices" of players like Padoin and Marchisio who had a very comfortable time here and were probably more okay with status-quo. Anyway, the fucker is gone and we need some fresh blood coming in. Will be an interesting season with all the changes in Serie A.

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
The amount of people crazy about Ronaldo is huge. Lots of them blamed Juve since Allegri's last term for not providing a good team for Ronaldo to win. I don't blame the team as I know sometimes we had bad management. Shit happens. I never like Ronaldo too much. I admitted him and Messi are GOATs before he played for us.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Why rookie section? The arguments are missing. Sounds like we have some butthurt fans. He offered 120% till last minute and what do we REALLY know about the timelines and when he uttered his wish to leave and how he did so. For all we know and have seen over the last 5-6 years, our management have sucked with transfers and planning, so its more likely them to have messed up once again.

Regarding his legacy being forgotten, then its probably just wishful thinking of you. His period will most likely be remembered and talked more about, than half of our current club legends. His output was among the bests here, and simply having had the top 3 player of all time if not THE best, is something that will be remembered by many people. I dont really understand what more we could expect from Ronaldo, I would say he did his part, he believed in us and the project, but the project shattered and we fell far behind the competition. Its childish to get butthurt and blame it on Ronaldo. The club failed to convert and now we have a lot of work to do to get back to where we belong.
With all due respect, talk for yourself.

The only thing many of us will remember is the first season and the Atl.Madrid game , i tip my hat to that, then the next relevant thing that comes to mind aside from the goalscoring stats is how we got the most expensive player in our history with wages higher than 10players put together and still interrupted our Scudetto dominance while almost missing out on the Top 4 in Seria A, reaching the UCL spots in a game that he decided to sit out with Chiesa bossing it from start to finish to win us the game and luckily we’ve got a Farraoni guy from Hellas Verona to save our ass in the Napoli game. That aside, ofc his goals tally will be remembered and nobody is complaining about that, however solely blaming the coaches, management and rest of the players for our shortcomings is exactly what defines a CR7 fanboy in his entirety. Ofc we are gratefull to have had him here with us and the management could have made some better choices regarding building the team around him but there’s no denying that many real Juventus fans have been disappointed with his primadonna ethics and are just as happy to finally see him go so we can start to rebuild a real team under a real coach, his contributions will never be forgotten just as much as the way,timing and state that he decided to leave us at.

I don’t know how you and others dont see that it is not normal to have a player that decides himself when and not to play or who to play with or when or not to come off against all tactical decisions, unless he fricking wins you games all by himself ofc, which wasn’t the case here either other than a few exceptions where for example among others the hattrick against Atl. Madrid has been just as much of a perfect match by the team as a whole as it was a CR7 masterclass, let’s not ignore tho that each and every game that he didn’t score or wasn’t in the center of attention he had cost us points with his poor dribbling and bad first touch that continuously kept us on our toes and susceptible to quick counters, while his attitude on the pitch when things didn’t go his way has made sure to ruin any team harmony and cohesiveness that we migh have been working on.

So yeah, it’s pointless because there’s always two versions to the story, and stats don’t always show the whole picture, i am happy that he chose us when he did and i admire his work ethic and proffesionalism in training but that’s just about it, he was supposed to be the cherry on the cake and he eventually wasn’t, maybe it was the cake that wasn’t put together well but what remains in the end is that he ended up contributing just as much to our downfall and there was no point into keeping hold of him at this stage.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2009
Ronaldo's stay was magical. I enjoyed the 'Siuuus' every time he scored and his performances. However, he did not achieve what he brought to do; the CL. For this reason, he cannot be a Juventus legend. Tevez on the other hand felt more like a legend because he dragged us all the way to the CL final back in 2015. Not that I am blaming Ronaldo or saying Tevez is better.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Ehrm it seems like you agree with the points Im making, you are just labeling it differently. If it makes me a fanboy in your eyes that I say that based on his output in numbers, we couldnt have expected much more, thats ok with me. You can talk for yourself as well.

I agree that it is good that we moved on and saved the costs of another season with his high salary, as I simple dont believe that we have the team ready to really benefit from having a top striker. Its simply a waste of resources and as I said, we need to rebuild and improve on 8 out of 11 positions in the team. We had the momentum and we had the opportunity to build a CL winning team when we acquired him, but we blew it.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I expect that there will be plenty of back and forth debates as to his status and legacy here, it’s normal for it to be debated but i do honestly believe that at least on tuZ there is a general consensus (other than a few exceptions) that his place is in the Rookie section, primarily because of having just as many goods and bads to his stay here, i too understand the other side of the story and if you had asked me the same question around last summer my opinion would have been slightly different then aswell but after the disaster season we have had the past year there’s genuinly no point into blindly protecting him and ultimately no logic into continuing together when he was clearly unhappy.

- - - Updated - - -

Ehrm it seems like you agree with the points Im making, you are just labeling it differently. If it makes me a fanboy in your eyes that I say that based on his output in numbers, we couldnt have expected much more, thats ok with me. You can talk for yourself as well.

I agree that it is good that we moved on and saved the costs of another season with his high salary, as I simple dont believe that we have the team ready to really benefit from having a top striker. Its simply a waste of resources and as I said, we need to rebuild and improve on 8 out of 11 positions in the team. We had the momentum and we had the opportunity to build a CL winning team when we acquired him, but we blew it.
i’m genuinly not accusing you directly of being a fanboy, i’m just pointing out that blaming everyone else but him for our shortcomings is what defines that ‘cult’.

Aug 12, 2015
Manchester bought him 2003 for 19 mio an they won a lot of trophies (CL included 2008), sold him in 2008 for 90 mio = big win

real bought hin 2009 for 90 mio and they also won a lot of trophies (cl included 4x), sold him in 2018 for 105 mio = big win

juve bought him in 2018 for 117 mio, became worse, won less trophies, played in empty stadiums and sold him in 2021 for 28 mio = we are a big joke

Mar 3, 2014
I don’t know, didn’t we get that injection of 400mil or whatever it was to cover Covid losses? I’d think that sales now could fund some movement, but I don’t really know.

where is @italiacalcio10 when we need his financial expertise?
My summary:
-€400M isn’t to cover COVID losses. It’s to replace the €300M from 2019 which was burned up by Covid. Those funds were to be used as part of a 5 year plan (2019-2024) to fund a growth strategy.
-The total expected impact from covid is €320M from 2019-2022, so in theory this injection should provide for €380M in funds to be invested into the growth project. This is enough to pay off all of Juventus’ net debt (€350M)…it’s a shit load of cash. And it’s going to be used to grow the club not pay off their debt because Juventus usually maintains debt around those levels.

-Ronaldo leaving a year early for a transfer fee in the icing on the cake. The company would expense €90M (€60M cash from his gross wages + €30M in amortization) related to Ronaldo. That essentially disappears, lowering Juve’s cost base by €90M
-Juve’s wage bill is about €310M right now. Ronaldo was being paid €60M…that is considerable relief. Wage bill drops to €250M. Revenues will also recover somewhat this year as people are allowed back into Stadiums.

- the key is that Ronaldo didn’t provide Juventus with growth decree benefits. By electing to have his foreign income at $100k, his salary couldn’t be taxed at the lower level in conjunction with the growth decree (where 50% of income is taxable). The result? €60m in gross wages yielded €35M net. If Juve replace him with a foreign star(s), they would be able to pay €47M in net wages out of the same €60M gross.

The result: my belief is by year end, we’ll be swimming in cash. We can totally afford Haaland. Don’t think small because remember that original €300M in 2019 was to buy the next Ronaldo. Juve will try for Haaland. Perhaps they fail. But I promise they try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Manchester bought him 2003 for 19 mio an they won a lot of trophies (CL included 2008), sold him in 2008 for 90 mio = big win

real bought hin 2009 for 90 mio and they also won a lot of trophies (cl included 4x), sold him in 2018 for 105 mio = big win

juve bought him in 2018 for 117 mio, became worse, won less trophies, played in empty stadiums and sold him in 2021 for 28 mio = we are a big joke
Of all the dumb comments here, this one takes the cake. Go support United you spastic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)