Cristiano Ronaldo (61 Viewers)

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Ronaldo agreeing to 15 mil.
Lol, he never will and you know it yourself.

A player like Ronaldo, as long as he plays in a top5 league will never settle for anything below 20 mio a year.

Only way I could see him lower his salary demands is if he goes back to Portugal at the end.

Why are you so desperate to cling on to him anyway? It's not like Juventus haven't won before him and the club will also win after he left.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Lol, he never will and you know it yourself.

A player like Ronaldo, as long as he plays in a top5 league will never settle for anything below 20 mio a year.

Only way I could see him lower his salary demands is if he goes back to Portugal at the end.

Why are you so desperate to cling on to him anyway? It's not like Juventus haven't won before him and the club will also win after he left.
It's not out of desperation, but out of admiration.

If he leaves so be it. But I prefer he stays and retires here.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
It's not out of desperation, but out of admiration.

If he leaves so be it. But I prefer he stays and retires here.
Ronaldo is a player to admire, no doubt.

But I don't think it's wise for him to retire at Juventus with those salary demands. A player who's declining (not rapidly but he's still declining), will be 37 years old in little more than half a year and who's salary is eating the clubs budget up shouldn't be someone you extend with when you have to rebuild and try to start a new cyclus.

To give you an example: Lewandowski will be 33 in a few months and has a contract with Bayern until 2023. Do I wish for us to extend with him? No.

Lewa is a fitness freak like Ronaldo but I don't think we should aim to extend with him as long as his contract is still running a few years more and with his age being what it is - he will most certainly also not take a paycut.

It's difficult with players in that caliber because as you say, they're admirable and produce such great numbers. But you just gotta part ways at some point.

While Real Madrid suffered after they let go of Ronaldo was it in terms of long term planning probably the right choice. I felt Bayern clinged on to Robben and Ribery for too long as well, imo they shouldn't have stayed beyond 2017 - Robben maybe but Ribery certainly not.

Extending with Chiellini doesn't even affect your wage structure or the club but keeping Ronaldo beyond 2022 means you might not be able to sign the players you need in other positions because he eat so much of the budget, that could be the midfield that keeps being neglected. Just have that in mind.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Ronaldo is a player to admire, no doubt.

But I don't think it's wise for him to retire at Juventus with those salary demands. A player who's declining (not rapidly but he's still declining), will be 37 years old in little more than half a year and who's salary is eating the clubs budget up shouldn't be someone you extend with when you have to rebuild and try to start a new cyclus.

To give you an example: Lewandowski will be 33 in a few months and has a contract with Bayern until 2023. Do I wish for us to extend with him? No.

Lewa is a fitness freak like Ronaldo but I don't think we should aim to extend with him as long as his contract is still running a few years more and with his age being what it is - he will most certainly also not take a paycut.

It's difficult with players in that caliber because as you say, they're admirable and produce such great numbers. But you just gotta part ways at some point.

While Real Madrid suffered after they let go of Ronaldo was it in terms of long term planning probably the right choice. I felt Bayern clinged on to Robben and Ribery for too long as well, imo they shouldn't have stayed beyond 2017 - Robben maybe but Ribery certainly not.

Extending with Chiellini doesn't even affect your wage structure or the club but keeping Ronaldo beyond 2022 means you might not be able to sign the players you need in other positions because he eat so much of the budget, that could be the midfield that keeps being neglected. Just have that in mind.
This is the problem, we cannot build for the future while he is here sucks the wage budget

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
nope, the only way for us to keep him if he goes Del Piero's way when he sign the blank contract just
and just give him -1 euro from the lowest salary of staff in the club

He should do the janitor
Del Piero is another case entirely. Probably the best thing that's ever happened to the world let alone Juve :D

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
Extending his contract and lowering the amortization, while earning a lot of money when covid finally disappears... (People allowed in the stadium/museum/fanshops etc.)

If for instance he'd settle for 20-25m a season we'd save more money and costs than if we'd sell Ramsey.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Maybe a stupid question but isn't it a better plan to sit down with Ronaldo and talk about a contract extension? If he is willing to earn less money (talks in media about sporting and united and so on) we would benefit from extending his contract..

A couple millions less per year + a drop in amortization costs...
Finally someone gets it. He usnt getting 30M anywhere, and if he extends now instead of next summer his negotiation position will be stronger amd less risk involved. 20M a year until 2024 or 25 and we are much better off financially

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Enjoyed having him but he was brought in to be the final piece for Europe and what actually happened was we had a fucking shit team just trying to feed him goals 24/7 and we've regressed massively. Last season was the last chance and we for the 5th summer in a row decided our barely mid table level midfield was enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)