Cristiano Ronaldo (128 Viewers)

JuventinMalti

Apr 5, 2006
Ronaldo is a huge player. Even bigger when surrounded by the type of players we have. That is the source of the imbalance he creates. The rest of the team can't hold its own in his presence so his greatness metaphorically bends spacetime and causes great imbalance to the team as they willingly or otherwise gravitate towards him and his whims. Let's face it if you can pass to Ronaldo or somebody else, that somebody else will always end up without the ball. Makes it easier to close us down. It's not Ronaldo's fault. It's not the other player's fault. It's the fault of who constructed the team with those mismatched elements.

Buy on AliExpress.com

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
If you can't admit that the team functions differently when ronaldo is playing compared to when he isnt then you must be blind. That's not a criticism of ronaldo...he is one of the best ever so it's natural for the team to function with him as a focal point but when he isnt there we just look less predictable and more balanced. Was ronaldo a key this season with 30 plus goals in all comps? Fuck yes. Did he save our ass on numerous occasions? Fuck yes. Was dybala missing and morata inconsistent? Fuck yes.

Maybe we need ZZ to come in and show us how to make it all work and gel...

And maybe Ronaldo can lower his wage demands if he really wants to stay. 36 goals in all comps for $30m in his pocket. That's a pricey return per goal.
He costs us 60 mil euros, not 30 mil dollars. However, he has brought us in like 40-50 million euros per year in additional revenue from sponsorships deals etc. That said, I’m not sure if that additional revenue will disappear if he leaves, so it might be financially prudent to cut down on that wage bill.
I shudder to think the number of ways Paratici and Nedved can squander that 60 million wage bill on scrubs like Emerson Palmieri and Jorginho though.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
He's a Prima Donna. Most, if not all, of today's top athletes are attention seeking Divas.

- - - Updated - - -

Tootsie and Bozo won't be around Bruh. The Triumvirate of Absolute Fuckery will all be gone come July 1st.

If not, I'll buy you a gourmet burger next time you're in Bangkok.

- - - Updated - - -

Tootsie and Bozo won't be around Bruh. The Triumvirate of Absolute Fuckery will all be gone come July 1st.

If not, I'll buy you a gourmet burger next time you're in Bangkok.
:xfingers:
If we have any shred of ambition it will happen.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Ronaldo is a huge player. Even bigger when surrounded by the type of players we have. That is the source of the imbalance he creates. The rest of the team can't hold its own in his presence so his greatness metaphorically bends spacetime and causes great imbalance to the team as they willingly or otherwise gravitate towards him and his whims. Let's face it if you can pass to Ronaldo or somebody else, that somebody else will always end up without the ball. Makes it easier to close us down. It's not Ronaldo's fault. It's not the other player's fault. It's the fault of who constructed the team with those mismatched elements.
Look, I even have a national team to consider when dealing with Ronaldo on your squad. I don't think it's a complete fluke that the Portugal NT won a Euro with Ronaldo on the bench and not on the pitch, and they've won generally squat when he's playing. I am not faulting Ronaldo for that, however. But his teams play differently when he's in the squad.

Sometimes he can be the stroke of brilliance that gets you through an elimination round CL. Though to be fair, that has not been the impact of Ronaldo since he came to Juve. But when he's absent in the squad, other players have to step up and the team dynamics sometimes seem to flow better. Furthermore, when he's not playing, I think the opposition has to tear up their game plans and are left scratching their heads on what to do with their opponent, making them vulnerable in new areas.

Net net, of course you want him on your squad. But you also want to be able to have a team and a gameplan without him.

Paul77

May 2, 2021
Around October/November Ronaldo got Covid, he missed 5 games, and we only won one of those 5 games he missed.

Look, I even have a national team to consider when dealing with Ronaldo on your squad. I don't think it's a complete fluke that the Portugal NT won a Euro with Ronaldo on the bench and not on the pitch, and they've won generally squat when he's playing. I am not faulting Ronaldo for that, however. But his teams play differently when he's in the squad.

Sometimes he can be the stroke of brilliance that gets you through an elimination round CL. Though to be fair, that has not been the impact of Ronaldo since he came to Juve. But when he's absent in the squad, other players have to step up and the team dynamics sometimes seem to flow better. Furthermore, when he's not playing, I think the opposition has to tear up their game plans and are left scratching their heads on what to do with their opponent, making them vulnerable in new areas.

Net net, of course you want him on your squad. But you also want to be able to have a team and a gameplan without him.
Without Ronaldo, Portugal wouldn't have won Eurocopa, in the Semifinal Portugal won 2-0, Ronaldo scored one goal and gave an assist.

Something similar to what he did this year when he scored 2 goals against Inter in the Semifinal

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
When departing Allegri did say to sell ronaldo.

Ronaldo is a legend..has been tremendous for us in terms of scoring goals...and marketing behind it all. But the team does play better when he isnt there...fucking sad to say. We should be great and have him as icing on the cake..but its not the case.
One game one fuckin game we won without him, suddenly it's "the team plays better without him".

I hate humans sometimes.

Paul77

May 2, 2021

In his first year with us Ronaldo scored a hatrick against Atletico, then he scored two goals against Ajax.

Last year he scored two goals against Lyon

Only this year we can say he was bad in CL, even though he gave Chiesa an assist against Porto.

And again, if we're so much better without him, how come we only won one of the 5 games he missed due to Covid around October and November?

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Our record without Ronaldo this season is a grand total of 0 wins. But the moment we win a game in his absence (against a team that hadn’t won in their last 12 btw) the “we play better without him” brigade crawl out of their woodwork.

His goals away at Udinese helped seal it for us at the end ultimately. Maybe we should’ve benched him that game too.

Jun 16, 2020
In his first year with us Ronaldo scored a hatrick against Atletico, then he scored two goals against Ajax.

Last year he scored two goals against Lyon

Only this year we can say he was bad in CL, even though he gave Chiesa an assist against Porto.

And again, if we're so much better without him, how come we only won one of the 5 games he missed due to Covid around October and November?
It’s basically the money that comes available without him and the possible reinforcements that make us potentially stronger without Ronaldo.

But it depends who we will sign of course.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Around October/November Ronaldo got Covid, he missed 5 games, and we only won one of those 5 games he missed.
That is also on the replacements, who were not up to scratch. Whether it was the whimsical Morata, hapless Dybala, or green Kulusevski. It's obvious that we would have 4 points more at least in that bunch of league games with Crotone, Benevento and Verona, to anyone who watched us up front in those games, but it is what it is. The replacements we have should easily be good enough for two of those games, but Ronaldo has often had to carry the attack, for one reason or another.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 118)