Cristiano Ronaldo (115 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
And who's paying Chiellini and Buffon? UNICEF?

We're not paying Costa, Rugani and MDS. You can put Rabiot or Arthur there instead of him, still the same. And yes, in gross wages they earn more than Ronaldo.

Point is you can free up finances by actually getting rid of deadwood. Selling Dybala for best offer and cutting everyone else's contract would be better than doing the same with Ronaldo.

Sure, if you can sell both Ronaldo and deadwood then yeah, I would be all for that, get a clean slate completely. But selling Ronaldo before any of these? Hell no.
Must've those but Chiellini and Buffon are useless mentions. They're quite cheap, have 0 resale value and their replacements will probably cost us more...

Yes, you can free up finances by getting rid of everyone but you CAN NOT improve on them for that kind of money short term. It's not even hard to see, pal. Selling Rabiot, Berna, Ramsey and Chiellini will bring us about 40 mil. That's one fucking transfer sum, Berna's salary for the new guy and 3 more holes to fill. Ronnie's salary is higher than those 4 combined...

Of course we're talking about selling deadwood and Ronaldo and not Ronnie without the other.... Sporting wise Ronnie is not a problem at all for me.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Goosebumps from watching this. He always was a special player.

To score 29 goals in a team that doesn't work that well is no easy feat and to be a topscorer in 3 different top leagues is just something you gotta admire.
:tup:

Totally agreed. I'm so glad we signed him and I was so sad to see him be surrounded by so much mediocrity, yet he fought so hard and brought us so many wins on his own. I hope we get to keep him even for the next season, his winning mentality is amazing.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Must've those but Chiellini and Buffon are useless mentions. They're quite cheap, have 0 resale value and their replacements will probably cost us more...

Yes, you can free up finances by getting rid of everyone but you CAN NOT improve on them for that kind of money short term. It's not even hard to see, pal. Selling Rabiot, Berna, Ramsey and Chiellini will bring us about 40 mil. That's one fucking transfer sum, Berna's salary for the new guy and 3 more holes to fill. Ronnie's salary is higher than those 4 combined...

Of course we're talking about selling deadwood and Ronaldo and not Ronnie without the other.... Sporting wise Ronnie is not a problem at all for me.
But what holes are you talking about? Who and where is missing Ramsey, Berna, Buffon, Chiellini etc.? We have Perin already. We have Dragusin, give the kid a chance. Give Demiral more minutes. Ramsey and Berna are barely playing as it is. When and where are we missing any of them and which one of them is demanding an expensive replacement?

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
But what holes are you talking about? Who and where is missing Ramsey, Berna, Buffon, Chiellini etc.? We have Perin already. We have Dragusin, give the kid a chance. Give Demiral more minutes. Ramsey and Berna are barely playing as it is. When and where are we missing any of them and which one of them is demanding an expensive replacement?
That's an interesting proposal! One to consider but I don't know Dragusin, Fagioli and co. enough to actually judge them as first team guys.

But let's say we use those guys. They will obviously be backups and we'd still need to spend a shitload of money at leftback and midfield to actually improve the team.
The whole point in replacing our expensive deadweight is improving while maybe cutting costs or worst case keep a status quo.

I'd say it's time to sell those 200 players on loan as well.

Last edited:

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
It should be without the top 5 leagues advantages, then it would be a proper award
I think it's fair enough the top 5 leagues got the advantage, after all is the overall quality in these leagues much higher than the rest. Even if the Dutch, Portugeese, Belgian leagues etc are decent are they nowhere the other 5, especially England, Spain, Italy and Germany.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Doesn’t look like a farewell to me. Just regular Cris chest thumping i think.

Edit : Ok i just re-read it again. Yeah, definitely leaving. The only issue i can think of is if Agnelli says no. Wasnt the agreement that he wouldn’t object to a sale only if there was no CL qualification?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I think it's fair enough the top 5 leagues got the advantage, after all is the overall quality in these leagues much higher than the rest. Even if the Dutch, Portugeese, Belgian leagues etc are decent are they nowhere the other 5, especially England, Spain, Italy and Germany.
They also have less games, so it's double disadvantage. You know how many goals a Porto player has to score to win it?

Aug 2, 2005
This IG post doesn't tell you anything, just like yesterdays post didn't.

It's a PR statement to boost his GOAT case, independent from what will happen transfer wise in the summer.
It a farewell message written all over it..
He is sending a message to the management,, nothing left for him here unless they are serious about CL.. either way,, looks like a goodbye to me.

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 83)