Cristiano Ronaldo (46 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Ronaldo seems more like someone who cares for his individual stats these days, yeah he always been like that but it became more and more for each year.

Maybe he was off, but that was quite the worst moment to be off if you ask me. Wouldn't you trade him being off against Porto for being on in that particular game and instead off against Cagliari?
I would. But it's actually 30 games on and 2 games off during a season. He's the smallest issue in the club right now.

Even if he chase stats you don't see him give up. He always runs and gives his best. He has the winning mentality unlike 90% of other players here.

Buy on AliExpress.com

james95

Sep 2, 2018
he moment CR left Real they started playing better and other players made the goals, mostly Benzema. The production of goals didn’t stagnate
Lol. Most of their fans are either utterly bitter that he left or would take him back in a heartbeat. Benzema aside, he's lightyears ahead of all of their attackers combined. Yeah Benzema started scoring more but their whole attack has regressed massively. They still have their stellar midfield but have no-one upfront to put the final touches which is why they struggle at home to the likes of Cadiz and Elche.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Ronaldo seems more like someone who cares for his individual stats these days, yeah he always been like that but it became more and more for each year.

Maybe he was off, but that was quite the worst moment to be off if you ask me. Wouldn't you trade him being off against Porto for being on in that particular game and instead off against Cagliari?
Are we just going to ignore that before porto game he scored every one of juventus knockout round goals ? lyon, both games vs ajax and A madrid hatrick lol he is already 3 or 4th highest knockout round scorer in juve history after 2 seasons.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I would. But it's actually 30 games on and 2 games off during a season. He's the smallest issue in the club right now.

Even if he chase stats you don't see him give up. He always runs and gives his best. He has the winning mentality unlike 90% of other players here.
Didn't see much of that against Porto and it was the worst game to be off in, you'd think someone like him wouldn't switch off in such a game :boh:

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
He could've scored 10 goals vs Porto and that still wouldn't have changed anything. Just as him scoring 7 goals in previous CL KOs didn't.

Juventus' problems are far bigger than one season or one tie.

That's why it's ridiculous to paint him as a burden when he's literally the only one doing his job consistently.
He is a burden because we are broke and he costs 60m per year.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Are we just going to ignore that before porto game he scored every one of juventus knockout round goals ? lyon, both games vs ajax and A madrid hatrick lol he is already 3 or 4th highest knockout round scorer in juve history after 2 seasons.
Hence I'm saying it was the worst moment for him being off. Maybe he just lacked believe/was tired.

But I still believe Juve were better before him - better as a team that was. Before Ronaldo Juve challenged for the CL and reached two finals, winning a lot of doubles - with Ronaldo they didn't go further than a QF. No Ronaldo is not the biggest one to blame here, certainly not.

As you said he scored pretty much all the KO goals for Juve, but like I said, the team regressed under Ronaldo. Not just because of bad coaches but also because everyone try to service him.

Before he came Juve were a functioning unit, they haven't been that for close to two years now.

I also think Juve were much better to watch/played better 4-5 years ago. It seems everything has to go through Ronaldo now.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Didn't see much of that against Porto and it was the worst game to be off in, you'd think someone like him wouldn't switch off in such a game :boh:
Do you read my posts? It's like you copy paste it.

That's like I say "How come Lewa didn't score, but he scored in the previous 15 matches". But that doesn't matter, why hasn't he scored today?

It's not a switch button when players decide when it's off/on. Even best players in the world have shit days when they suck.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

Again reducing his impact to a single game, while neglecting what he has contributed week in week out. Or that he had scored all of our knockout goals in previous 2 CL editions, vs Atletico, Ajax, Lyon. Fortunately our goals aline, if Ronaldo scores we are closer to winning games. Him being obsessed with scoring isnt detrimental to our cause. We need the rest of the team to get to his level, or thereabout, or at least to have a functional midfield that can spot his runs, get out of press, to have realistic shot at CL.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Do you read my posts? It's like you copy paste it.

That's like I say "How come Lewa didn't score, but he scored in the previous 15 matches". But that doesn't matter, why hasn't he scored today?

It's not a switch button when players decide when it's off/on. Even best players in the world have shit days when they suck.
I gave a longer reply to it just now.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010

This is not the first champion playing for this club the moment it turns into playing for their record they're waved goodbye most recent ADP chill

Oct 23, 2011
Take away Ronaldo from this team and it's not going to be a functional team all of a sudden. Investments in players and above all, a good coach is required. I don't know if this management is capable of making the most of getting Ronaldo's high annual cost off the books.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
People saying he makes teams worse, like RM started playing better etc. Let's remember couple of things:

1. RM won CL with with him after so many years and the last CL they've won, is with him.
2. Last time Man Utd was anything relevant was when Ronaldo played there. Their last CL win is with him.
3. Portugal's only NT win is with him.

Now, may i ask how he makes his teams worse? He just happened to come here after we sold our middlefield and our core got older. This isn't one man show, but if someone actually dares to claim that someone actually plays better without him, show me the proof. All those teams he played for went to the absolute top, got to the pinnacle of the sport which hasn't been really repeated since, and in some cases before him(i.e Portugal).

Won everywhere he went to and still winning it in here.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Hence I'm saying it was the worst moment for him being off. Maybe he just lacked believe/was tired.

But I still believe Juve were better before him - better as a team that was. Before Ronaldo Juve challenged for the CL and reached two finals, winning a lot of doubles - with Ronaldo they didn't go further than a QF. No Ronaldo is not the biggest one to blame here, certainly not.

As you said he scored pretty much all the KO goals for Juve, but like I said, the team regressed under Ronaldo. Not just because of bad coaches but also because everyone try to service him.

Before he came Juve were a functioning unit, they haven't been that for close to two years now.

I also think Juve were much better to watch/played better 4-5 years ago. It seems everything has to go through Ronaldo now.
No one else not even messi gets judged with that silly standard that he must turn up in every single knockout game or tie or else he sucks and not worth the time. Even lewa last year when you won the CL so many of he goals came at the end of trashing like the 6th or 7 th goal in 80 mins he played well both hardly scored all important goals for you.

I mean barely any of that team that reached those finals are here its compleletly different team under a coach that never even managed a sunday league game before and Ronaldo is only behind lewa in goals this year at 36 with alot less games than those other attackers and is getting called a burden or flop its ridiculous.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

I don't know if I can agree with that.

We surely were better but judging a Juve based on this season is a really bad thing. I don't think it can be that simple, it's not black or white, as there are too many factors. The biggest issue is not servicing Ronaldo but it was a domino effect (imo) that started off when we sold our amazing midfield and failed to replace them. Then, again, a whole bunch of factors where main issue was spending so much money on Higuain. After that it kept falling aparat and our mercato became worst and worse. We signed too many shitty players. I wish we had Ronaldo in a team where we had Vidal, Pogba, Marchisio and others. Totally different story. Nail in the coffin, at least for last two seasons, was two horrible coaches.

Do I think we'd play better if we had Ronaldo injured at the moment? My guess is that we would end up 7th at the very best. Our team is average. It's like Argentina choking despite them having Messi.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
No one else not even messi gets judged with that silly standard that he must turn up in every single knockout game or tie or he sucks and not worth the time. Even lewa last year when you won the CL so many of he goals came at the end of trashing like the 6th or 7 th goal in 80 mins he played well both hardly scored all important goals for you.

I mean barely any of that team that reached those finals are here its compleletly different team under a coach that never even managed a sunday league game before and Ronaldo is only behind lewa in goals this year at 36 with alot less games than those other attackers and he getting called a burden or flop its ridiculous.
I'm certainly not calling Ronaldo a flop, that would be insane. He's anything but a flup, the numbers speak for themselves.

But I believe he's not a good fit as things stand - burden is maybe a harsh word. Anyway, that's just my personal opinion and we can disagree about that. If he had came a few years before he did things might have looked completely different.

FlavioJuve

Jun 6, 2007
Again reducing his impact to a single game, while neglecting what he has contributed week in week out. Or that he had scored all of our knockout goals in previous 2 CL editions, vs Atletico, Ajax, Lyon. Fortunately our goals aline, if Ronaldo scores we are closer to winning games. Him being obsessed with scoring isnt detrimental to our cause. We need the rest of the team to get to his level, or thereabout, or at least to have a functional midfield that can spot his runs, get out of press, to have realistic shot at CL.
CR has been invisible more than once, so not just last Wednesday. And not just this season. But that’s OK, that happens to all players, even world class players.
My comments are about the whole period of his stay here and are off course accumulated after last Wednesday.
His stats are not telling the team’s story. And if we want to progress our team play in the long run (and therefore performance in CL) we should part ways with CR. Only that way we can rebuild a team that had a shot at CL in maybe 2, 3 or 4 years from now.
Also, now we might be able to actually properly sell him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)