Cristiano Ronaldo (128 Viewers)

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Drag us further? Further than what exactly?

Maybe you don’t agree with me but the way I see it:
Juve with CR: bad teamplay, CR makes almost all goals, CL QF is top of where we can get (based on 3 seasons here)
Juve pre CR: wholesome teamplay; defect amount of goals, distributed amongst more players, CL odds better

If you prefer to look on the isolated figure of CR please do so but as I mentioned before, we will not win CL with CR

- - - Updated - - -

I believe for the first half of that season it was the case yes, but I don’t follow Spanish football that much
3 years of cl
1 year with a proper coach with rugano and bonbon cb and jabroni mds.
1 year with a stubborn tool with no midfield who tried to play high intensity pressing style without the players to do so.
1 year with a noob coach who tries a hybrid formation every game . Still have a poor midfield.

And all this with covid looming over our heads in the last 2 years.

Last edited:

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016

Juve with CR: bad teamplay, CR makes almost all goals, CL QF is top of where we can get (based on 3 seasons here)
Juve pre CR: wholesome teamplay; decent amount of goals, distributed amongst more players, CL odds better

If you prefer to look on the isolated figure of CR please do so but as I mentioned before, we will not win CL with CR

- - - Updated - - -

I believe for the first half of that season it was the case yes, but I don’t follow Spanish football that much
Looking from the outside I actually agree with you. Not a popular opinion, but I see it that way as well.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Great performance. Needless to say, he is the least of our worries but if a decent offer comes in ( and if and only if we have an adequate replacement linedup ) , id be on board with selling him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

Juve pre CR: wholesome teamplay; decent amount of goals, distributed amongst more players, CL odds better

- - - Updated - - -

We will not win CL as long as we dont improve in other areas, midfield in particular, defense that keeps leaking silly goals, maybe replace novice coach, etc... Ronaldo with Juve's 2014/15 midfield wins CL easily. Ronaldo instead of Dybala in the final game CL 2017 also destroys Real, etc... Ffs the guy won 4 CL trophies with Real. 5 in total in his career, more than double of what our club have and you are questioning his impact. Madness.

You keep downplaying a player that has been our most consistent performer over the last 3 seasons while mediocre players like Rabiot, Ramsey, Bentacur are plying their trade here.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
1) Thank God we have him.
2) I can't believe we managed to sign Ronaldo even after a couple of years

Oh and yeah, I feel so bad for him. He's literally the only player on the field that wants to win. There's also Chiesa now. Others look like bunch of pussies when on field.

I wish we had more players of such mentality.

FlavioJuve

Jun 6, 2007
We will not win CL as long as we dont improve in other areas, midfield in particular, defense that keeps leaking silly goals, maybe replace novice coach, etc... Ronaldo with Juve's 2014/15 midfield wins CL easily. Ronaldo instead of Dybala in the final game CL 2017 also destroys Real, etc... Ffs the guy won 4 CL trophies with Real. 5 in total in his career, more than double of what our club have and you are questioning his impact. Madness.

You keep downplaying a player that has been our most consistent performer over the last 3 seasons while mediocre players like Rabiot, Ramsey, Bentacur are plying their trade here.
I am not downplaying him, and yes not all support to him was ideal. But like I said, his costs are a factor in this as well. I just don’t see us getting better next year with him in our team.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
1) Thank God we have him.
2) I can't believe we managed to sign Ronaldo even after a couple of years

Oh and yeah, I feel so bad for him. He's literally the only player on the field that wants to win. There's also Chiesa now. Others look like bunch of pussies when on field.

I wish we had more players of such mentality.
Why was it Chiesa who showed it against Porto then and not him?

Just saying

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Why was it Chiesa who showed it against Porto then and not him?

Just saying
Maybe he was just off. Look at Ronaldo's performance and hunger to win ever since he came. He's like a monster on aggressive type of steroids.

Chiesa did show more there but that doesn't mean he does it more often, nor it means we don't see that from Ronaldo.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I am not downplaying him, and yes not all support to him was ideal. But like I said, his costs are a factor in this as well. I just don’t see us getting better next year with him in our team.
We had to make better decision when assembling the team. We have wasted hundreds of millions on players transfer since he came here. Some were great purchases like MDL or Chiesa but some have been woeful. Covid situation doesnt help either because we lose match attendance revenue, around 50-60m per season.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Maybe he was just off. Look at Ronaldo's performance and hunger to win ever since he came. He's like a monster on aggressive type of steroids.

Chiesa did show more there but that doesn't mean he does it more often, nor it means we don't see that from Ronaldo.
Ronaldo seems more like someone who cares for his individual stats these days, yeah he always been like that but it became more and more for each year.

Maybe he was off, but that was quite the worst moment to be off if you ask me. Wouldn't you trade him being off against Porto for being on in that particular game and instead off against Cagliari?

Durden

May 11, 2006

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 122)