Cristiano Ronaldo (162 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
The stream is quite entertaining.

(i'm the guy in the chat that occasionally types WHAT ARE THESE MEXICANS DOING HERE IN THE COMPUTER GET OUT OF MA COUNTRY)
Technically, it's not really your country Bruh. Fooling the natives over a turkey dinner and then taking over their land was not a cool move :p

I keed. I keed. Btw, Abdo says he has your super charged camel ready for you ;)

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Even in his best day, CR7 never win world cup
Even Lionel Messi never win world cup too

While Pele already win it first time when he is not yet 18 years old
You can say he is lucky, but first he came on as sub in semifinal WC 1958 and scored hattrick
And in final he play as the youngest players in WC final and scored 2 goals for Brazil win 5-2 against the host
For me, Pele isn't human, he was out of this world for so many reasons; so considering only humans, what Messi and CR7 have done is pretty amazing and we are really lucky for witnessing it

It was like Kobe, MJ or LBJ at their peaks at the same time for a really long time

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
No doubt Pele was excellent but everything moved in slow motion at that time. Imagine him trying those tricks in this day and age, the opposing defenders will probably eat him alive.
you can't dismiss old legends just because the game was slower back then. yes, football was different. it was not that physical, this is one of the biggest differences. gentile was considered a butcher and the toughest defender of all times, but in a direct comparison, he was a nice guy compared to say materazzi or montero. if gentile was playing today, he'd probably be tougher than anyone else.

it's like tennis: any recent player would beat the hell out of rod laver, connors or lendl. but if lendl was born 20 years later, he'd still become a top player, using modern rackets, training methods, balls and surfaces. talent, motivation and workrate always finds its way.

regardless of how the game evolved and what they told recently, pelé is an obvious legend, just like maradona, beckenbauer, cruyff and puskás.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
This transfer was always going to be an all in, 1 shot at glory type of move. We gave it our best shot and it didn't work. But there's no way that I can see this being anywhere close to the worst transfer in our history.
That's kind of an understatement :D

We spent hundreds of millions to become a worse team. Who knows how long the financial repercussions of this deal are going to haunt us?
So, as far as return on investment is concerned, it would be difficult to find a less successful transfer. From the point of view of the club obviously, can't argue with his personal statistics.

it is what it is, but I'm not surprised one bit. This has played out exactly as I expected :sigh:

May 23, 2013
you can't dismiss old legends just because the game was slower back then. yes, football was different. it was not that physical, this is one of the biggest differences. gentile was considered a butcher and the toughest defender of all times, but in a direct comparison, he was a nice guy compared to say materazzi or montero. if gentile was playing today, he'd probably be tougher than anyone else.

it's like tennis: any recent player would beat the hell out of rod laver, connors or lendl. but if lendl was born 20 years later, he'd still become a top player, using modern rackets, training methods, balls and surfaces. talent, motivation and workrate always finds its way.

regardless of how the game evolved and what they told recently, pelé is an obvious legend, just like maradona, beckenbauer, cruyff and puskás.
Perfectly put.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
If we are in deep shit financially, this guy is the one that has to go. In the next years he's losing his market value rapidly + that wage is even a bigger argument than that. He's still obviously WC, but financially he costs the same as any other 4 players combined

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
If we are in deep shit financially, this guy is the one that has to go. In the next years he's losing his market value rapidly + that wage is even a bigger argument than that. He's still obviously WC, but financially he costs the same as any other 4 players combined
If those players are Matuidi, Khedira, Higuain and Berna/Rugani, problem solved once they're gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 136)