Cristiano Ronaldo (94 Viewers)

Jun 7, 2003
I have big doubts on this ... if this is true ...numbers will be forked all over the news ....
I see some people still believe this nonsense. :rofl:
This guy has enough fans who will buy every year our new jersey with his name on it. For example i myself got it as a present, alltough it is a fake from Turkey and not one cent went to our club im still happy to have it. This example alone shows how much i need a beer today

Do whatever you want with this post, i have no clue about our finances and how much he costs us. He is our only chance to win the CL and let's hope he delivers next year

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I love how people point to the wage structure and how Ronaldo's salary is inflating it as if Ronaldo's salary is taken from the normal wage budget. As if we had 60m a year lying around in our wage budget after the 2017/2018 season(Licthsteiner and Höwedes salaries where the only ones we fully got rid of).

Ronaldo's wages are outside of the budget and seen as an investment that needed the green light from Exor themselves. If Exor says that they don't want to pay him, then he'll leave. But they've already committed to 4 year 240m contract to him. It's not like selling Ronaldo will free up those wages to be spent on other players to make the team 'better'.

Last edited:

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
He generates enough shirt and merch sales that he brings back his salary. Beside that man whe should be really proud that this guy plays for our shirt
From what I've read that is just a myth.
His name is helping us tremendously with getting better deals with the sponsors though.
After he arrived, Juve got a much better deal from Adidas. Cygames was put on the back of the shirt. There be must a lot of other benefits too.

Last edited:

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I see some people still believe this nonsense. :rofl:
Why is it nonsense? We got a one time 15mln bonus from Adidas for increased shirt sales after his first season which was followed by a new much increased contract with Adidas for many years to come. Plus, shirts we sell in Juvestore, both physical locations and online, we get all the cash.

Not to mention a bumped up deal with Jeep.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
I love how people point to the wage structure and how Ronaldo's salary is inflating it as if Ronaldo's salary is taken from the normal wage budget. As if we had 60m a year lying around in our wage budget after the 2017/2018 season(Licthsteiner and Höwedes salaries where the only ones we fully got rid of).

Ronaldo's wages are outside of the budget and seen as an investment that needed the green light from Exor themselves. If Exor says that they don't want to pay him, then he'll leave. But they've already committed to 4 year 240m contract to him. It's not like selling Ronaldo will free up those wages to be spent on other players to make the team 'better'.
At least it would free one starter spot and freekick taker spot. That would be enough for me.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Why is it nonsense? We got a one time 15mln bonus from Adidas for increased shirt sales after his first season which was followed by a new much increased contract with Adidas for many years to come. Plus, shirts we sell in Juvestore, both physical locations and online, we get all the cash.

Not to mention a bumped up deal with Jeep.
Maybe you should check our financial statements every once in a while. They are pretty detailed.

Hint: look at the income figures for merchandise for example.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
If those players are Matuidi, Khedira, Higuain and Berna/Rugani, problem solved once they're gone.
We are not making money on the first three, with Khedira its more likely we're losing it. Berna/Rugani does bring money, but you need 4 like these replaced with low cost bargains to save what you could save with CR alone

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
We are not making money on the first three, with Khedira its more likely we're losing it. Berna/Rugani does bring money, but you need 4 like these replaced with low cost bargains to save what you could save with CR alone
With Higuain wed be losing money, we can not lose on Sami with being free. On Matuidi we already lost 2-3M

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Ronaldo isn't leaving, makes no sense. Makes no sense from his or club's perspective. Usual terribad journalism doing the rounds. Lyon loss and this, if only weather was this predictable.

Those of you who think or are wondering if he SHOULD be sold, you deserve to be pointed fingers and laughed at. This is worse take than not wanting Haaland for 20/30m.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
These people who want him to be gone, better get used to the fact that his name will be found on our history forever and if you can't live with such a thing, you might need to consider the problems you're facing in your daily life again. If GOAT playing for us is a problem, i don't even want to know what the real problems are.

Next.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
It makes perfect sense to sell him, from a sale value and wage perspective. It would be a ruthless decision but sometimes that’s what you need in football.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)