Cristiano Ronaldo (21 Viewers)

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Lol but tbf, Alexis kept his first name on his back when he moved to England. Maybe it was his call? But I could totally see Barca going that route with these players..
Doubt it. By that time everyone called him Alexis, that's prolly why he (or his new club) kept it. Might have been personal marketing reasons too or didn't care.

Did he wear Sanchez with Chile?

Buy on AliExpress.com

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Doubt it. By that time everyone called him Alexis, that's prolly why he (or his new club) kept it. Might have been personal marketing reasons too or didn't care.

Did he wear Sanchez with Chile?
He wore Alexis for Chile as well and from what I recall, everyone still called him Sanchez in England. English fans don't too often refer to players by their first name like Spanish fans do (who called Ronaldo Cristiano more often than not).

But yeah..., must be for his own personal reasons or Barca gave it to him and he just didn't care to change it when he left.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats a fair way of looking at it as well. I suppose Ronaldo achieved too much to be linked to only one club as his prime was much longer than before mentioned legends...
Yeah exactly. His career has been freakishly long. He has a case for being the best player ever to play for both United and Real Madrid and achieved tons of success with both of them. You can probably fit the career of most “regular” World Class players 3 or more times into 1 C.Ronaldo career.

Last edited:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He wore Alexis for Chile as well and from what I recall, everyone still called him Sanchez in England. English fans don't too often refer to players by their first name like Spanish fans do (who called Ronaldo Cristiano more often than not).

But yeah..., must be for his own personal reasons or Barca gave it to him and he just didn't care to change it when he left.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah exactly. His career has been freakishly long. He has a case for being the best player ever to play for both United and Real Madrid and achieved tons of success with both of them. You can probably fit the career of most “regular” World Class players 3 or more times into 1 C.Ronaldo career.
That phrase sums up him to be honest.

He make WC players liked nedved, vanistelroy and raul gonzalez, to look like total rejects in comparison.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
That phrase sums up him to be honest.

He make WC players liked nedved, vanistelroy and raul gonzalez, to look like total rejects in comparison.
Crazy thing is that he’s been totally different types of players throughout his career too.

From a marauding, extremely skillful touchline winger in his native years to a powerful wide forward in his prime who could literally do it all (in an attacking sense) from audacious dribbling, ferocious long shots, spectacular FKs, exhilarating sprints and runs, etc to the final iteration of him (that we see today) where he’s more intelligent than ever, has arguably the best off-the-ball movement in the game and is one of the best headers of the ball (if not the best) in history. He pretty much mastered every facet of the game offensively over his career.

The only weakness I’d say he has is that his passing was never GOAT level. At his best, it was very, very good but not at the level of the GOATs. And that’s applying ridiculous standards.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The only thing that worries me a bit is that 5-6 years ago he was carrying significantly more muscle mass. I understand that he wanted to slim down because he felt it is necessary for older players to do so, but imo it is impacting both his speed and his strength going into challenges.

That being said he keeps scoring vital goals for us, even if he's less and less involved in the actual play.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
The only thing that worries me a bit is that 5-6 years ago he was carrying significantly more muscle mass. I understand that he wanted to slim down because he felt it is necessary for older players to do so, but imo it is impacting both his speed and his strength going into challenges.

That being said he keeps scoring vital goals for us, even if he's less and less involved in the actual play.
Do you think that carrying fewer muscles impact his speed negatively?

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Why everyone brings up skill but not his handsomeness

Someone please back me up against these football nerds. Beauty crew where you at

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Do you think that carrying fewer muscles impact his speed negatively?
In his case? Yes. Look at sprinters or even look at Eden Hazard. Speed involves power.

But more power also means more strain on joints / ligaments. I believe it's why Kobe decided to drop weight in the final years of his career as well.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
He's still pretty fast though. Of course not comparable to his younger years, but it's not like he's slow now, especially not for the CF role he finds himself more and more in.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
In his case? Yes. Look at sprinters or even look at Eden Hazard. Speed involves power.

But more power also means more strain on joints / ligaments. I believe it's why Kobe decided to drop weight in the final years of his career as well.

Sometimes you have to sacrifice explosiveness which requires more muscle in order to increase your perseverance. Age definitely asks for that.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Cr7 is such a phenomenon like no other footballer, and thats talking just in fame terms.

Fuck the little gnome from catalunha, no one cares about his sorry azz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)