Cristiano Ronaldo (117 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Anyone thinks he's gonna make problems re free kicks? I mean both Pjanic and Dybala are superior but CR is CR and...you know.
I think the freekick taking competition will be hot next year, I think all three of them will have a crack at it, hopefully they manage to discuss it like adults when all 3 are on pitch. Often enough only 2 of them will play though, Ronaldo got rested plenty in La Liga last year and Dybala usually misses a lot of games through injury

I expect Ronaldo to take all the crappy, not-likely-to-score freekicks from 30+ meters out or from sides of the pitch, he always tried those at Real and Portugal while the good ones sometimes went to others as well, Bale and James are pretty solid freekick takers too

JuveCR7

Fino Alla Fine
Jul 11, 2018
What I expect regarding Free Kicks is that at the beginning he might try first few shots, but if it doesn't go well, he will probably shoot the ones from larger distance, but positioned in center, so he could still score a goal. He has a dynamite in his feet.

Whet your appetite:

Look at those f***ing distances!!! Amazing player!!!

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

If he'll be content with taking long range free kicks than our line-up for free kicks will be the best in the world. I'm just afraid he's gonna punt his status and try and take 20m kicks which he's simply not good enough compared to Pjanic and Dybala.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
If he'll be content with taking long range free kicks than our line-up for free kicks will be the best in the world. I'm just afraid he's gonna punt his status and try and take 20m kicks which he's simply not good enough compared to Pjanic and Dybala.
for sure he's going to take some of them as well, especially if he's the one who draws the foul. which sucks a bit, because Pjanic and Dybala indeed are miles ahead when it comes to Del Piero zone freekicks, but then again we expect Ronaldo to be the leader and taking responsibility with crucial freekicks comes with that

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Hoping he doesn't turn up with a belly on August 1st like our previous record signing did :D
Heh, if anything, he would probably show up more fit and prepared than most of our players. Someone here said that while he is/was in Greece on his vacation, he was getting up early and started to warm up and train at 6:30 a.m. Dedication, professionalism... Hungrierthanever :D

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Heh, if anything, he would probably show up more fit and prepared than most of our players. Someone here said that while he is/was in Greece on his vacation, he was getting up early and started to warm up and train at 6:30 a.m. Dedication, professionalism... Hungrierthanever :D
of course, I fully expect him to continue being the dedicated freak he is, just revisiting bad memories :D talking of which, we need to sell Higgy fast, I'm worrying he might be in a really bad shape mentally and therefore physically after Argentinas exit

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

The guy is a monster physically that's the last thing anyone should worry about. I can't wait for him to feel the energy from our Ultras after over a decade with theater like supporters. CR is gonna thrive of our atmosphere. I haven't been this excited about a signing in forever.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
The guy is a monster physically that's the last thing anyone should worry about. I can't wait for him to feel the energy from our Ultras after over a decade with theater like supporters. CR is gonna thrive of our atmosphere. I haven't been this excited about a signing in forever.
Shit you're right, didn't even think about that factor. It's gonna rock!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Finally excited again huh?

JuveCR7

Fino Alla Fine
Jul 11, 2018
Also not to forget how Ronaldo influences the team he plays for. You have to know all Juve players also recognize Ronaldo as the best player in the world and now he will be their teammate ! Wouldn't you yourself also want to put 120% efforts in playing better? I dont want to bring up Ronaldo to 'king' status, but I do truly believe that his teammates want to perform better, just because they feel honored to play with him together and want to prove that they are also the best!

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
While it might be better than in Santiago it's nothing special really.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
What I expect regarding Free Kicks is that at the beginning he might try first few shots, but if it doesn't go well, he will probably shoot the ones from larger distance, but positioned in center, so he could still score a goal. He has a dynamite in his feet.

Whet your appetite:

Look at those f***ing distances!!! Amazing player!!!
Meh. Success rate of 6.25%

To compare: Pjanic has 14.47% and Dybala fucking 21.05% (!!!)

Sauce (30 January 2018): https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/revealed-20-best-free-kick-takers-european-football

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

The fans have been accustomed to success lately, so it might be quieter, but it was absolutely crazy during Conte's and the stadium's first season.

PS the celebration of DP's goal vs Lazio is absolutely insane :D

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Finally excited again huh?
Well it has become a little Bayern-esque boring(not in CL unfortunately) don't you think?

Also not to forget how Ronaldo influences the team he plays for. You have to know all Juve players also recognize Ronaldo as the best player in the world and now he will be their teammate ! Wouldn't you yourself also want to put 120% efforts in playing better? I dont want to bring up Ronaldo to 'king' status, but I do truly believe that his teammates want to perform better, just because they feel honored to play with him together and want to prove that they are also the best!
The benefits of this signing are numerous for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

That so depends on what you're comparing it to. Compared to Old Trafford and Bernabeu, yeah it is special.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Agree, he should be the undisputed number 1 penalty taker. Regarding free kicks, there is another matter - to most of us, Pjanic and Dybala are better free kick takers than him, and rightfully so. Ronaldo would see this with his own eyes in training, and giving his nature, his constant fighting spirit to be the best at everything, I bet he`s gonna work really hard to imrpove his FK`s and eventually take some. I think the first few free kicks will be his, both Dybala and Pjanic would give him the ball, if he misses them, I guess Cristiano would be the one to give the ball back to them. We`ll see...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 106)