Cristiano Ronaldo (103 Viewers)

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Revenue and exposure doesn't interest me, i'd rather have not played those finals instead of losing both and holding the record of 7 final losses.

Next year is our year, with Ronaldo it's possible. Just win with him 4-5 in row or something like this. He is holding all the records for CL, of course you are thinking about winning when you have him in your team.
You are right about revenue and exposure. They don't interest me either. I am not the owner. But they do affect the quality of players, so they do matter.

I know losing a final hurts a lot but that is just silly. Is Inter's record better than ours? One title and embarassment every year.

I don't believe we can win next year, unless we get Allegri. And even then it's not very likely. We need to think about long term and limit the damage.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
You are right about revenue and exposure. They don't interest me either. I am not the owner. But they do affect the quality of players, so they do matter.

I know losing a final hurts a lot but that is just silly. Is Inter's record better than ours? One title and embarassment every year.

I don't believe we can win next year, unless we get Allegri. And even then it's not very likely. We need to think about long term and limit the damage.
Actually yes, Inter's record is indeed better than ours.

That's the problem with this club, every statement is "we wanna make the final and see what happens". This shit is programming for failure. Another reason why I want Chiellini out ASAP, he is the epitome of a settler mindset of toxic Calcio culture.

Losing a final and going out in groups is the same shit plus-minus money.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Actually yes, Inter's record is indeed better than ours.

That's the problem with this club, every statement is "we wanna make the final and see what happens". This shit is programming for failure. Another reason why I want Chiellini out ASAP, he is the epitome of a settler mindset of toxic Calcio culture.

Losing a final and going out in groups is the same shit plus-minus money.
You.
Need.
To.
Stop.
Posting.
And.
Go.
Molest.
Your.
Maid.
Again.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
We didn't choke against Barca.

On the contrary - we lost because we wanted too much after the equalizer.
Yeah we did, we started the game scared and with too much respect for the opponent. We already lost in our heads... until Morata's goal gave a little confidence which got crushed again (exact same scenario as in 2017 actually).

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Yeah we did, we started the game scared and with too much respect for the opponent. We already lost in our heads... until Morata's goal gave a little confidence which got crushed again (exact same scenario as in 2017 actually).
We were clear underdogs in both finals. We choked in 2003 though.

- - - Updated - - -

We met two of the best teams in the last decade in their peak form. Barca beat the English, French and German champions on their way before meeting us in the final.

Madrid on the other hand had Ronaldo in the form of his life. We're also talking about a Madrid squad that had James, Bale and Morata on the bench.

These are also two teams that have an amazing record in finals.

We played one final where we were not even considered a European heavyweight to begin with and another final where we weren't considered favorites especially coming up against a far superior squad so the choke scenario doesn't apply here.

Besides 9 out of 10 times you'll see the much richer and superior squad winning the final atleast in the last 15-20 years.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:lol:

We got outplayed by a better team for the first 25-30 minutes against Barca. And then managed to get a foothold and controlled the match for the next 45 minutes. Tied it up, and they scored on a counterattack while we were pressing for the winning goal.

And no it’s not the exact same scenario. We controlled almost the entire first half in 2017, Ronaldo scored against the run of play for Madrid and we quickly tied it up. We were the better and “proactive” side for the entire first half, and then after Pjanic and Mandzukic picked up knocks and Zidane made half time adjustments they destroyed us in the second half.

If you’re going to rag on performances at least have some idea of what exactly went on.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Exactly, you gotta PLAY those damn finals instead of choking like little bitches.
Stop posting pathetic loser crap and get a maid. The only final we choked was 1997. All the other finals were either even money or we were underdogs. Yes, out record in CL finals and ECC finals is pathetic but that's no reason for a meltdown. Games from the Lippi era or the 70s have no relevance on today.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
So let me get this straight. Some members here would prefer this year's Champions League campaign to the 2014-15 one?
Evidently. I don't know why this moaning against Pirlo then. Sure we are not winning the Scudetto but after 9 years in a row aren't we sick of it.

Pirlo is doing a good job. He is avoiding embarassing losses in finals by smartly exiting early. He might do even better and avoid the embarassment of elimination all together by finishing outside the top 5. After all, if exiting early is better than being second then not playing is even better.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Stop posting pathetic loser crap and get a maid. The only final we choked was 1997. All the other finals were either even money or we were underdogs. Yes, out record in CL finals and ECC finals is pathetic but that's no reason for a meltdown. Games from the Lippi era or the 70s have no relevance on today.
The insistence that games that happened 50 years ago actually matter today is unreal to me. I can't think of any sport this happens in other than this one.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
The insistence that games that happened 50 years ago actually matter today is unreal to me. I can't think of any sport this happens in other than this one.
Of course they fuckin matter! That's how a club's reputation is built. That's the reason everyone cares about 'making history'.

Guess Real and Bayern shouldnt count their CLs from 50s and 70s because it has "no relevance" to today lol

A way to progress is remembering the past failures as vividly as possible as to not repeat them.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Evidently. I don't know why this moaning against Pirlo then. Sure we are not winning the Scudetto but after 9 years in a row aren't we sick of it.

Pirlo is doing a good job. He is avoiding embarassing losses in finals by smartly exiting early. He might do even better and avoid the embarassment of elimination all together by finishing outside the top 5. After all, if exiting early is better than being second then not playing is even better.
Umm because he is an actual amateur?!

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Of course they fuckin matter! That's how a club's reputation is built. That's the reason everyone cares about 'making history'.

Guess Real and Bayern shouldnt count their CLs from 50s and 70s because it has "no relevance" to today lol

A way to progress is remembering the past failures as vividly as possible as to not repeat them.
That's not what we are talking about. The point is that some lost finals years ago mean nothing about our chances in the next final.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

It has no real bearing on anything. What does our Scudetto record matter for right now besides "bragging right"? Nothing. How many fucks do you really give that Eindhoven or Feyenoord won the Champions League before? I have negative fucks to give about it. And it sure as hell won't help them win it anytime soon.

You think the current Nets team gives a semblance of a shit that the organization itself has never won a championship before? Harden and Durant don't seem to give a fuck. Maybe they should be afraid of the Bulls because they won so much in the 90s too.

This sport is always on some holdover European monarchy bullshit about inheriting wins like there's a divine right to do so :howler:, makes no damn sense.

Sure as a player if you were personally part of it, the same applies to anyone on Earth in anything in life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 90)