Cristiano Ronaldo (66 Viewers)

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Arsene Wenger:
“It's a problem that Juventus are too reliant on Cristiano Ronaldo. That just shows that the players around him are not good enough, or not at the level you want them to be.”
he is right but it's also players fault always relying on Ronaldo.
It's not like Pirlo telling them: "get the ball and give it to Ronaldo"

KirilovBG

Sep 5, 2018
I'm probably not understanding you guys correctly, but you're making it sound as if the only thing Ronaldo is capable of is waiting for someone to assist him so that he can score.
Don't get me wrong, Ronaldo is great goalscorer and the least problem of this team, but yes nowadays you gotta deliver the ball to him to score. The very best that can happend when the squad is full is to play him with with Morata who is fast forward and engage the defenders and cutting player like Chiesa who cross well. IMO Arhtur has to play a lot further to opposition penalty box because of his ability to pass and hold the ball. With that weak midfield, Pirlo has to think of some formation that includes Morata, Dybala, Chiesa and CR7 playing together without much defensive duties.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Don't get me wrong, Ronaldo is great goalscorer and the least problem of this team, but yes nowadays you gotta deliver the ball to him to score. The very best that can happend when the squad is full is to play him with with Morata who is fast forward and engage the defenders and cutting player like Chiesa who cross well. IMO Arhtur has to play a lot further to opposition penalty box because of his ability to pass and hold the ball. With that weak midfield, Pirlo has to think of some formation that includes Morata, Dybala, Chiesa and CR7 playing together without much defensive duties.
As much of a legend as he is, and as great as he still is, if this is the case then he is not worth anything close to what he is being paid unless he scores absolutely every single chance he gets.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Arsene Wenger:
“It's a problem that Juventus are too reliant on Cristiano Ronaldo. That just shows that the players around him are not good enough, or not at the level you want them to be.”
Interesting comments. So last season he was partnered with dybala...who happened to win MVP and scored for fun as did ronaldo. This season morata and chiesa have scored adequately...probably should have converted more goals along with ronaldo scoring loads of goals again.

So when he states players around him I can only assume he is referring to our midfield not contributing??? Which let's face it, since vidal pirlo and pogba all left..all consistent contributors in the scoring department, we haven't really had consistent goal scoreline midfielders.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Almost every goal? I must be watching a different sport.
Team sport. It takes a tackle from somebody, a pass to somebody, who passes it along to somebody who then might have an opportunity to shoot from distance, to possibly have that great ”individual effort” when scoring that screamer. It might look like he did it by himself, but all that stuff before never gets mentioned, neither noticed. It might be that Demiral tackle which led to 50 consecutive passes before a scissor kick.

The feeding on him has been so damn poor. I’v seen countless of times him making that run behind the line but nobody seems to notice. On top of that Pirlo doesn’t want to have 2 strikers on the box, neither to have too many crosses even we play against 5-4-1 Crotone. We desperately trying to play some kind of modern football, with no capability of doing it. Our players are too static, we don’t really have passing routes and it leads to backpasses, after backpasses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 11, Guests: 43)