Cristiano Ronaldo (76 Viewers)

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Bernado Silva is great, Berna is garbage but I understand why Sarri plays with Matuidi to balance the team. Sarri can't do anymore if Ramsey and Costa are unfit and his only option is Berna. If we had MdS fit we'd have Cuadrado on wing but since Danilo is crap there's nothing more the manager can do, he's not crying like Conte or making excuses. We've drawn 3 games and won the rest in less than ideal circumstances. Players like Pjanic, Cuadrado, Sandro and Shez-knee have been consistently excellent while Dybala, Higuain and De Ligt have worked hard to step up. Ronaldo needs to take tonight's performance to the Atalanta game, this is on him and not Sarri. We are not a crap team and he needs to pull his weight, simple as that.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I think it's a combination of problems. Every side we play in Serie A apart from a couple sit back and defend for 90 minutes, and their organization is usually good. With all due to respect to Lithuania, clearly if they played in Serie A they would probably be relegated pretty quickly. Another factor is probably our uncanny ability to play boring, lethargic football, which is part of our DNA. It doesn't seem like it would be a lot of fun playing for Juventus, where the majority of its recent history has been based on a tactical game and where conceding a goal is considered sacrilege. So clearly it's not an easy club to play for, for multiple reasons.

But it's quite obvious Ronaldo hasn't looked great recently. He's looked lethargic and out of sorts, not taking chances as he usually does. If he says he's 100% fit, then he's fit. But he definitely doesn't seem like he's in form, regardless of a hattrick against Lithuania at home. Not really sure what else Sarri can do; it's not like he's making Ronaldo track back to defend all the time. Ipso facto, he's just not playing well and needs to figure it out.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
I m happy he looks better in Portugal, but with all due respect .... who is Lithuania to talk about ...

his performance with us was consistently bad ....we are not talking about scoring or even Sarri tactics ...he was letterly walking during Lukomotive matches, Milan, Fiorentina and other matches except for Napoli and Inter ( which is the main weakness i see it) his shots towards the goals are very weak and in the hands of the goalkeeper every time ...and when the ball with his feet he loses it carelessly ....

now faking an injury and performed badly with us, i don't know why ?

another thing, Like Mourinho talk about International football and Pogba ...short commitment and everyone fired up ...and also he fired up after all his blunders with us I don't want to see the ugly side CR7 here and the rest of the world has his beauty ....

I need CR7 of last season at least .... if not ...so better divorce at the end of the season ...and beat Lithuania as much as you want

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Bernado Silva is great, Berna is garbage but I understand why Sarri plays with Matuidi to balance the team. Sarri can't do anymore if Ramsey and Costa are unfit and his only option is Berna. If we had MdS fit we'd have Cuadrado on wing but since Danilo is crap there's nothing more the manager can do, he's not crying like Conte or making excuses. We've drawn 3 games and won the rest in less than ideal circumstances. Players like Pjanic, Cuadrado, Sandro and Shez-knee have been consistently excellent while Dybala, Higuain and De Ligt have worked hard to step up. Ronaldo needs to take tonight's performance to the Atalanta game, this is on him and not Sarri. We are not a crap team and he needs to pull his weight, simple as that.
You dont need Matuidi vs teams like leece/spal that you have too break 11 men down with im surprised such a hailed attacking coach dont get this.

Costa and Dybala where on the bench against milan but he picked Berna he had options but picked him like he did in others.

A coach that was brought in to play a better attacking style of football that has hes team scrapping by 1-0 or 2-1 against every crap team with none of the forward players scoring much you cant say that its not Sarri fault when it was one of the main reason he was hired.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2011
I mean he can say whatever he wants, and even though i didn't watch the full match, but based on these highlights he didn't look 100% fit to me to be completely honest. There was a lot of one touch passing, barely made any dribbles and overall it just looked like he wanted to avoid physical contact. This level of international football is just a joke, the amount of space and time he gets on the ball is absolutely ridiculous and there is just no way this is even remotely comparable to the serie a.

Nov 3, 2019
I mean he can say whatever he wants, and even though i didn't watch the full match, but based on these highlights he didn't look 100% fit to me to be completely honest. There was a lot of one touch passing, barely made any dribbles and overall it just looked like he wanted to avoid physical contact. This level of international football is just a joke, the amount of space and time he gets on the ball is absolutely ridiculous and there is just no way this is even remotely comparable to the serie a.

Yeah thats right he still didnt look fit, I'm sure he has a bit pain. Hopefully he rests the next match with Portugal.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Luxembourg have a great generation, they've drawn against France and they had relatively good results in the last years. Even at club level
It's all relative though isn't it, it's a country with a population the size of Glasgow. The captain plays in 2. Bundesliga and the top scorer in the Belgian 2nd division.

I think generally there has been an improvement in the minnow teams if you look at the Faroes recent results, even Gibraltar with about 50 people living there have narrowly lost quite a few games. Some are perennially awful, like San Marino.

Saying that, if you've watched any of England's group games you would see that some moderately decent sides of yesteryear have gone horribly backwards. Bulgaria and Montenegro look absolutely hapless.

tl;dr - Lithuania are quite shit.

In regards to Ronaldo himself, all I know is that he hasn't been himself for a few weeks. It's not Sarri missing chances he'd normally finish in his sleep, or miscontrolling the ball, or passing to the opposition. He can smash two minnow teams and that's great, let's hope we are not laughing on the other side of our faces after they play Luxembourg.

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
juve with ronaldo can score 1 or 2 but without him we can score only from penalty spot. Juve was always a very conservative team when it came to scoring goals, surprised you don't know that.

- - - Updated - - -

Juve have always been a 1-0 side... Unlike Madrid,barca,mancity and bayern... So the frustration there is obvious....
Not Lippi's side.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Shouldn't you be upset about this :shocked:
Daei played and scored against weaker opponents(asian teams) than him. ronaldo deserves for achieve this title.

Ali Daei Says He Wouldn't Be Upset If Cristiano Ronaldo Broke His Record

“I am very proud of this world record as long as it lasts, and I think it’s the same for all the Iranian people,” Daei told La Gazzetta dello Sport.
“I won’t be disappointed because records are meant to be broken. It will happen sooner or later: I am happy that such a great player will surpass me.
“I really like him and the way he moves in the field. Ronaldo is still in top form, I consider him in the top three ever. I can only wish him the best.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 61)